WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Old RV/Boat- Zep Floor Polish

Meaney77

Reaction score
Anyone ever seen or heard or tried this before?

I know it sounds crazy- I heard about this from someone and did a little research on YouTube and apparently its a thing.

My mom has an older RV that sits uncovered and gets minimal use. We have had it detailed several times but it never gets that shine back.... Not sure what to do and came across a shitload of videos of people who have done it and had good luck.

Anyone....?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I know it sounds crazy- I heard about this from someone and did a little research on YouTube and apparently its a thing.

My mom has an older RV that sits uncovered and gets minimal use. We have had it detailed several times but it never gets that shine back.... Not sure what to do and came across a shitload of videos of people who have done it and had good luck.

Anyone....?

I did it to my old trailer. Looked great for about 6 months. My trailer was stored outside.

Heylam

Reaction score
Zep is an acrylic based sealer. In the surf industry we’ve found that the Behr concrete sealer (another acrylic based sealer) works the best and has the longest lasting qualities

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HitIt

Reaction score
Looks interesting. This guy thinks that it is a bad idea long term:

fishing fool

Reaction score
Yes, made my trailer look like new. If you want it to last you need to prep the surface first. That is where ALL the work is.
1. Wash (with Dawn soap)
2. Scrub with Bar keepers friend and a white scotch brite pad (this will remove all the scale)
3. Apply Zep

Was it worth doing?

franky

Reaction score
Yes, made my trailer look like new. If you want it to last you need to prep the surface first. That is where ALL the work is.
1. Wash (with Dawn soap)
2. Scrub with Bar keepers friend and a white scotch brite pad (this will remove all the scale)
3. Apply Zep
What is bar keepers friend?

franky

Reaction score

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
What is bar keepers friend?
This is how it's done exactly. I did it to two of my trailers and it came out fine. It does take some time and elbow grease, especially on a 40' 5er. As was said the prep with BKF is a must as if ANYTHING is left on the surface it will be sealed in under the coating. The more coats the better on the sealer. Trust them on the gloves unless you like polished nails and want to give Grads some competition on nail polish. :D
I was told awhile back the product was hard to find now but if people are still talking about it it must be available.

If you're near Havasu I've got prolly 3/4 of a gallon you can have.

Last edited:

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
I know people have been doing this on fiberglass sided trailers, I've been wondering how it would work on my Carson racer trailer. The sides are metal, and the paint isnt all that good on it.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score

Anyone....?

ZEP anything seems to work amazingly well.

The have this grout cleaner that works wonders on blued stainless steel.and chrome.

rush1

Reaction score
Dealers do it all the time it works for a while, when the sun starts peeling it you strip it and do it over actually looks half way decent in my opinion.

franky

Reaction score
This is how it's done exactly. I did it to two of my trailers and it came out fine. It does take some time and elbow grease, especially on a 40' 5er. As was said the prep with BKF is a must as if ANYTHING is left on the surface it will be sealed in under the coating. The more coats the better on the sealer. Trust them on the gloves unless you like polished nails and want to give Grads some competition on nail polish. :D
I was told awhile back the product was hard to find now but if people are still talking about it it must be available.

If you're near Havasu I've got prolly 3/4 of a gallon you can have.
I am and would appreciate it

Ladsm

Reaction score
I have done 2 RVs now. Makes them look new. Last 2-3 years.

endobear

Reaction score
I did it.
Prep sucked. My 34' toy hauler was pretty hammered. Cleaned up all the nasty buttle tape and caulking around the openings. Re caulked everything.
Looked great but no shine.
Took 4 coats of Zep to make it perfect.
Looked AWSOMEt for 3 years. Then it went to shit quickly.
Wouldn't do it again.