WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Old Texan...RIP old friend.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It’s with a heavy heart and many tears that I regret to inform the board that we’ve lost a good man.
Micks daughter returned my text tonight and informed me that our dear friend passed away March 6th.
It’s with her permission that I post this.
I am heartbroken.
Deb and I had the good fortune of having dinner with Tex and his wife some years back.
He was a hoot! He made me laugh so hard I choked on my beer and sprayed beer on my dinner...which only made us laugh harder!
Rest In Peace old friend, You will be missed dearly.
Prayers and thoughts to your wonderful family.

I never did get to try that “Fixin’s” wheel.

😰😰

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Ohh no! 🥺

RIP Ole Tex...wish I had made it out to visit, would have loved to hang out and shoot story with you!

We lost a real patriot and a good man there. ☹

wallnutz

Reaction score
RIP Tex. Im at a loss for words. I will miss his wisdom and banter, over the years. I never met him face to face, but I know I could call him a dear friend.

Toast him up boys.🍻 Cheers Ol Tex

KevinR

Reaction score
Terrible to hear.
I happened to check in with him on Feb 29 to see how he was doing. He responded it was tough because he had never had anything more serious than a broken wrist. But he then said his wife and family were taking care of him and everything else, and how blessed he was to have them.
RIP Mick.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Good bye to an internet friend. I never met Mick, but I have enjoyed the perspectives of life He shared for many years that I can remember on the boards. Family and Country were most importent from what I gathered and I always agreed. Always a fighter for justice and truth right to the end.
My sincere Condolences to Family.

His presence will surely be missed around here.

Taxas.jpg

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
It’s with a heavy heart and many tears that I regret to inform the board that we’ve lost a good man.
Micks daughter returned my text tonight and informed me that our dear friend passed away March 6th.
It’s with her permission that I post this.
I am heartbroken.
Deb and I had the good fortune of having dinner with Tex and his wife some years back.
He was a hoot! He made me laugh so hard I choked on my beer and sprayed beer on my dinner...which only made us laugh harder!
Rest In Peace old friend, You will be missed dearly.
Prayers and thoughts to your wonderful family.

I never did get to try that “Fixin’s” wheel.

😰😰
Very, very, sad news Tommy. Mick and l often had conversations and the last being his interest in a mate of mine who was in the States recently picking up a 65 Mustang he had restored and was driving from the East coast to the West (LA) to ship it back to Australia.

He was one of the first to offer support to me as our country was being burnt to the ground.
Always a calming sole when all was going to shit in the dungeon, yet he always saw the funny side of life.
My prayers and thoughts are to his family in this very, very sad time.

He was a real gentleman and someone l would proudly call a "mate".😞

Last edited: