WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

On board tool kit...what else?

Briley

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407615790.633409.jpg
What else should I get for small tools on board, minor repairs etc...

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
I always carry wrenches and sockets. Had to change an impeller at the lauch ramp one time.
Never leave without them.

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Jumper cables or a jump box.......and a small flask of 'your-choice' in case you have to spend a nite on the boat.....

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I use the old cheap standard, Harbor Frieght tools... A $12. set of open/box wrenches, socket set etc etc... Dropping a $15. Snap-on wrench to the bottom will ruin your day....
Look the engine over and imagine you're doing this repair, or that repair, and stock the "boat box" with what it would take to make those repairs the easest... The same can be said for "spare" parts. If your boat has an electronic ignition, carry a spare module. Water pump?? Carry a spare impeller, etc etc.... Over the years I've put together a "road trip box" that doubles as a "boat box", and so far, (knock on wood), it's worked out quite well...
One thing for sure is an inexpensive "volt/ohm meter"..... AND, spare fuel filters..... (don't ask how I learned that one)
Ray

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Jumper cables or a jump box.......and a small flask of 'your-choice' in case you have to spend a nite on the boat.....

I use to always take a jumper box. I rigged my boat with two batteries, if I need a jumper box now I have a serious problem. :rolleyes

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
fuses if you have them on your boat

Briley

Reaction score
Have jump box and zip ties, was waiting till today to get better idea of size wrenches and socket set. Have had a couple of people say extra impeller for the 525's.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Damn your carrying a lot .
I carry a vessel assist card and money .
Screw drivers, adj wrench , Fuses. .
You should be good with a Cobra !
And with today's engines your screwed if any thing is wrong .
Most of the time I forget and leave them in the truck .

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I use the old cheap standard, Harbor Frieght tools... A $12. set of open/box wrenches, socket set etc etc... Dropping a $15. Snap-on wrench to the bottom will ruin your day....
Look the engine over and imagine you're doing this repair, or that repair, and stock the "boat box" with what it would take to make those repairs the easest... The same can be said for "spare" parts. If your boat has an electronic ignition, carry a spare module. Water pump?? Carry a spare impeller, etc etc.... Over the years I've put together a "road trip box" that doubles as a "boat box", and so far, (knock on wood), it's worked out quite well...
One thing for sure is an inexpensive "volt/ohm meter"..... AND, spare fuel filters..... (don't ask how I learned that one)
Ray

Is it possible to buy one snap on wrench for $15??? [emoji2]

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Just the usuall:

*one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Just the usuall:

*one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings

No dinar??????

elcajones

Reaction score
Ditch the adj wrench for a socket set with some wobble extensions etc. for those hard to reach areas. Get a box of various Hose clamps. 6n1 screwdriver would save some space.

rrrr

Reaction score
Just the usuall:

Shoot, a fella could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff...

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
a co2 fire extinguisher to cool down the beer

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Whenever I install an impeller I go get my new one for next time and keep it in the boat just in case. I have a complete tool set in a plastic case from a local parts store also. I have done an impeller in the channel before.

Forensic

No Title
Reaction score
A tow rope. Leave the tools in the truck. ;)

I do keep some tools on board. I have the basics: channel locks, crescent, socket set, a couple common wrenches, tape and a multi meter. If it's not an easy fix my only concerns are to get it back on the trailer and if Tim will answer his phone.