WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

On the go family meals

ERV JR

Reaction score
So my daughter dose comp dance and is at the studio every night and I also have two little boys. So the wife is busy. We seem to cook the same stuff or pickup take out. I am looking for some quick simple things her or I can whip up starting at 7 &eating by 8

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Try a pressure pot. I've been using one and getting good results. Chuck roast browned, throw in some Mexican style tomatoes, etc. On the table in just over 30. Same with chicken breasts. chicken stock spices, done ine 30. Going to try adding rice and salsa to this for arroz con pollo. And it beats a crock pot hands down.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Beer. It's like having a Pork Chop in every Can.:yikes:D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
So my daughter dose comp dance and is at the studio every night and I also have two little boys. So the wife is busy. We seem to cook the same stuff or pickup take out. I am looking for some quick simple things her or I can whip up starting at 7 &eating by 8

A tritip in the crock pot,an onion cut into eighths,couple cloves of garlic and half to two thirds of a 4 lb jug of Pace picante medium.Set on low and let it go 10 hours.Total prep time involved there,about 4 minutes.

Forks apart easy,add your favorite fixings for great tacos.Left over meat makes for great taquitos the next day or two.

If Mexican isn't your thing,same crock,tritip deal but with carrots,little red potatoes,celery,onion,etc with some beef stock.With some warm French bread to dip the juice is pretty awesome,but something I usually crave on cold winter days.