WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"On The Road Again"

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
On this date 1964 Willie made his Nation debut at the Grand Ole Opry. The rest is History!!

I have been to Two of his Get Togethers. Truly is History, and if you have been to a Live Concert it is obvious he loves the Music and his Fans:)

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
Not a big fan. But I did see him live about 10 years ago. Super small venue, maybe 300 person capacity. We sat at the bar and the stage was about 20 feet away. That was pretty cool.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Every Willie show opens and closes with Whiskey River.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Every Willie show opens and closes with Whiskey River.

The EVIL irs really hurt the Poor Guy. I believe a bunch of his friends did get together to
BUY BACK" his favorite Guitars ETC. I know his debt was hefty, but if speaking of looking for Law Breakers, the irs would not have to leave Washington, Just Saying!! Damn, hillary don't you understand a Subpoena?

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I saw Willie at the Swing in San Bernardino around 74 or 75 great show and he definitely sang Whiskey River, also signed autographs out in his bus after the show.

Reactions: DWC

RodnJen

Reaction score
My Dad took me to this show when I was in 8th grade, great show. Beer was flowing down the steps and the smell of weed was everywhere. They had to ask the fans to stop dancing because the upper decks were flexing so much.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I’ve had the privilege of seeing him twice—once at the OC fairgrounds and once at Agua. Amazing musician, amazing songwriter, an American treasure...

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I got to see him a couple year's ago and sadly he was awful. I dunno if he was tired, sick or whatever but be literally talked thru his songs. Definitely bummed but shit happens

DWC

Reaction score
Not a huge fan but did get to see him at Stagecoach a few years ago. He was playing one of the small stages. One of the best performances of the weekend.

endobear

Reaction score
Moved near his homes in evergreen Colorado in 89. Got my hands on a couple of his snowmobiles as a teenager. Neigjbor Friends mom had a 1 ton 4x4 van she bought from him in the late 80s. She hated it. Refused to sell it to me as a 17 year old.
Pretty sure it ended up scrapped.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Saw him at the Hollywood bowl with lyle lovett. It was symphony night so the season ticket holders were offended when he started singing wrap me up and smoke me when I die and the entire.place started toking up. "Oh my god is that matijuana?" " yup wanna hit? " I got a look of pure horror. "Leonard Leonard find a police officer all these hoodlums are smoking drugs." I have never laughed so hard in my life. Especially when everywhere that poor guy went people were yelling Leonard Leonard at him. We had a lot of fun that night.