WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

On the Water Boat Show April 5 - 7 by Cactus RV Marine

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is actually a second show being put on by Cactus RV & Marine. They have rented the slips at the London Bridge Resort and will have an on the water show with Demo's for interested clients!

Call Cactus RV & Marine for more information! (928) 733-6393

Screen Shot 2019-03-20 at 2.09.41 PM.png

guest hs

Reaction score
Are they going against the show at Windsor or do they have space in it too?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

This is their own deal separate from the LHMA. They rented all the slips on their own and are bringing their inventory down.

guest hs

Reaction score
Something like that happened about 15 years ago at the Vegas boat show. There was lone dealership that thought they were above everyone else and didn't enter the show but rented the dirt lot across the street and put all their boats there the same weekend that we all participated in the show. They were shortly out of business. Morale of the story work together don't go across the grain!

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Cactus RV has some major issues happening right now with their dealer agreement with Coach pontoons. They've been unable to perform service and warranty work as needed, my friend just yanked his new Coach pontoon out out of there after 3 months and zero progress for some pontoon repairs. They couldn't even provide an estimate to the adjuster in 3 months. He called the owner of Coach, got him to authorize taking it elsewhere to a non-dealer.

There's a guy driving around Havasu right now with his entire truck vinyl wrapped with something to effect of "Beware - Cactus RV". Whats that all about?

guest hs

Reaction score
Coach is not manufacture. Misty Harbor builds their Pontoons for them so if there is a disagreement between them, Misty Harbor can just pull the plug and then you have a bunch of late model and new Pontoons that have obsolete parts and no warranty's. We looked at bringing Coach into our dealership and once we did a lot of research we felt it was not the best idea for us or our customers so we went with Southbay. FRM isn't going anywhere. Remember folks you get what you pay for. It appears these situations are coming to light already.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Are these the guys working out of the mall?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Operating out of a public parking lot could end bad.Liability is incredible,kids running around while parents checking out boats.Pretty sure Cactus is next to Petsmart. Great to see all the boats.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Coach is not manufacture. Misty Harbor builds their Pontoons for them so if there is a disagreement between them, Misty Harbor can just pull the plug and then you have a bunch of late model and new Pontoons that have obsolete parts and no warranty's. We looked at bringing Coach into our dealership and once we did a lot of research we felt it was not the best idea for us or our customers so we went with Southbay. FRM isn't going anywhere. Remember folks you get what you pay for. It appears these situations are coming to light already.

I'll rephrase it, but what happened is still what happened. Your going onto a different subject - "Southbay VS COACH" which isn't the issue. COACH / Misty Harbour didn't do anything.

The COACH pontoon, *manufatrured by Misty Harbour* was not able to get insurance repair work done, or estimated, for 3 months. The boat was pulled from Cactus RV, a COACH pontoon dealer, which was the dealer it was purchased at new with an extended warranty, and was taken to a 3rd party independent dealer after Cactus RV failed to perform. Once the boat arrived at the 3rd party shop, it was repaired within 1 week and is now back on the water.

Patyacht

Reaction score
"Cactus RV & Marine Center" is NOT listed as an Exhibitor for the 2019 Lake Havasu Boat Show. This info was obtained off of the Exhibitor Listing page of the Lake Havasu Boat Show web page.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
"Cactus RV & Marine Center" is NOT listed as an Exhibitor for the 2019 Lake Havasu Boat Show. This info was obtained off of the Exhibitor Listing page of the Lake Havasu Boat Show web page.

They are doing their own deal at LBR as the post states.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'll rephrase it, but what happened is still what happened. Your going onto a different subject - "Southbay VS COACH" which isn't the issue. COACH / Misty Harbour didn't do anything.

The COACH pontoon, *manufatrured by Misty Harbour* was not able to get insurance repair work done, or estimated, for 3 months. The boat was pulled from Cactus RV, a COACH pontoon dealer, which was the dealer it was purchased at new with an extended warranty, and was taken to a 3rd party independent dealer after Cactus RV failed to perform. Once the boat arrived at the 3rd party shop, it was repaired within 1 week and is now back on the water.

I haven’t seen a service or repair side to them. I think they just rig outboards on pontoons and send them down the road.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Just a reminder of the second show going on all weekend at London Bridge Resorts!

RD

CLdrinker

Reaction score
I bought my RV from cactus RV and they were great to deal with just saying

BUSTI

Reaction score
I haven’t seen a service or repair side to them. I think they just rig outboards on pontoons and send them down the road.

I wouldn't trust anything that came from Cactus. They have a technician who knows absolutely nothing about engines or maintenance. I was going to buy a used boat from them and their mechanic said the engine had perfect compression at 110psi in all cylinders. I asked Cactus to have Fallon look at the motor since 110psi was low for the engine. Once Fallon performed a compression test, leak down and hour scan there was one cylinder that was a high on the leak down and there were wrong miss matched spark plugs in several cylinders. Fallon said it would not be good to run it that way. Once I decided not to buy the boat the owner told me deposits were non refundable after I had an email from the salesman stating refundable deposit. I had to fight with the owner and settled on 50% return of my deposit since it costs me more than the deposit just to take time off and file a suite against them.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I bought my RV from cactus RV and they were great to deal with just saying

I believe your talking about Cactus out of Tucson owned by Jeff Rose, They are super stand up for sure, this outfit is using same name and design etc however has a totally different ownership all together.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
FYI Jeff Rose was not owner of Cactus RV in Tuscon and now runs his own deal further south. all these Cactus RV, Marine Center, etc etc are all tied together somehow but none of them are really able to get anything to take off.

estaban

Reaction score
Bought a Coach toon. Cactus did not fulfill the extras on the contract. Call them numerous times and no recall. Had to put hydraulic steering in it cause it was was way to hard to steer. 3000 and we put it in ourselves.. Just did my own service. No recomendo.

c_land

Reaction score
I just bought a boat there. Everything was as advertised with pretty extensive paperwork history. Smooth transaction. I hope no surprises are in my future lol