With a Teague 10 fitty! Getting ready to go run it with Mike Moralez

18321068-16C2-4746-B6A6-0187FFEBB68B.jpeg
8F382D03-2AB7-43BE-AD7F-3B8848EF71DF.jpeg
E59D3073-5CC8-4454-839D-DD21725321DE.jpeg
2E43B9E7-14D9-4917-AF26-576B271CED9E.jpeg

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
the biggest thing i like about howards over other similar boats in that bracket is that they look "simple." but they're not. everything is custom, everything is well thought out and executed. Nothing too flashy.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
It was an awesome day hangin out! Thanks again Dave! Let’s do it again sometime.

the510

Reaction score
In another life… or when I’m to old.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Do it

;)

I can't tell but is it capped ?

This one is half capped front and rear. I don’t believe Howard caps boats anymore and if they do it’s something ridiculous like 30k

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

schweeng

Reaction score
Honestly when we were out cruising around in it yesterday I was thinking about trading in the ole toon for one. Lol.
Straight up trader just posted one with big power...do it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Straight up trader just posted one with big power...do it.

My biggest issue is I don’t want to deal with the expense / maintenance of the big power.. aka popping drives.

I will say though Just cruising along effortlessly at 60-70 at low 3000’s in terms of rpm is awesome..

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
My biggest issue is I don’t want to deal with the expense / maintenance of the big power.. aka popping drives.

I will say though Just cruising along effortlessly at 60-70 at low 3000’s in terms of rpm is awesome..

Pretty sure these are set up with SCX 4 drives? My buddy has been running 1000 HP Teague Motor on an SCX 4 since 2015 and it has never failed. Take care of it and it will last.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
Pretty sure these are set up with SCX 4 drives? My buddy has been running 1000 HP Teague Motor on an SCX 4 since 2015 and it has never failed. Take care of it and it will last.
It has an SCX with a Teague Platinum lower(SC case). I’m just trying be smart with it and make the drive last!

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Mikemo_SDS i wonder the same.
both the 40 eliminators sold shortly after being built as well. I think people see they can sell them for money. Don’t think a lot of people use there boat as much as you do. I see a new video of your boat on insta every weekend.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That one looks pretty cool! Wonder why some of these Howards with 1050's are being sold with such low hours recently?

They got the first maintenance bill upcoming, and the boat is worth more than they paid for it. These 1000 HP boats are not cheap to maintain.

You aren't going over 80 in a deckboat with people in it often if at all, and you don't need 1000 HP to do 80.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
@Mikemo_SDS i wonder the same.
both the 40 eliminators sold shortly after being built as well. I think people see they can sell them for money. Don’t think a lot of people use there boat as much as you do. I see a new video of your boat on insta every weekend.
Yes, I think people are quick to sell their new boats because prices are so high right now and their new boats are not what they expected. I do try to use my boat a lot, after all, thats why i bought it! Lol!
With that said, I would sell mine for the right price and build something else!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
They got the first maintenance bill upcoming, and the boat is worth more than they paid for it. These 1000 HP boats are not cheap to maintain.

You aren't going over 80 in a deckboat with people in it often if at all, and you don't need 1000 HP to do 80.
I would like to think most people know the ball park cost of maintenance before they made the purchase! Hell, i do!

I didn't want 1100 hp to go 110mph in a deck boat, I wanted it to be able to cruise at 60-70mph effortlessly. You cant do that with a 600!

You are very right about over 80mph in a deck boat being too much! My family is comfortable at about 60mph tops.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would like to think most people know the ball park cost of maintenance before they made the purchase! Hell, i do!

I didn't want 1100 hp to go 110mph in a deck boat, I wanted it to be able to cruise at 60-70mph effortlessly. You cant do that with a 600!

You are very right about over 80mph in a deck boat being too much! My family is comfortable at about 60mph tops.

I think many people view a 1000 HP deck boat as perfection on paper and worry about everything else after the fact, and then realize in practice it isn’t for them. People do that with with lots of boats, and sometimes it’s just that they don’t use them enough.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
I really dig these boats. The lines are sexy and they're so user friendly. I think one with a Merc 860 set-up would be the hot ticket.
At the very beginning I thought about the Merc 860, but it would require moving the back seat forward some 10 inches or so to make room for the 6 drive and trans. Then I heard some negative reviews on them from owners. Besides, 1100 hp is better than 860 hp right? Even if it does have a SCX behind it. And not to mention, the customer service and friendships I have gained from Teague would never have happen at Mercury! Just my personnel experience and opinion.

Thanks for the kind words Tank!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
At the very beginning I thought about the Merc 860, but it would require moving the back seat forward some 10 inches or so to make room for the 6 drive and trans. Then I heard some negative reviews on them from owners. Besides, 1100 hp is better than 860 hp right? Even if it does have a SCX behind it. And not to mention, the customer service and friendships I have gained from Teague would never have happen at Mercury! Just my personnel experience and opinion.

I think for a deckboat, supercharging is the way to go, especially if you want effortless cruising.

Tank

Reaction score

That makes total sense. Teagues motors are very well built and reliable. SCX is a stout drive. It's a solid set up all around. Was not even remotely taking anything away from your boat. Thing is insane. I was only thinking an 860 NA motor would have some more draw to people away from a supercharged (or turbo) set up. Little more mild option I guess...If you can say 860HP is a mild LOL. I did not realize it would require eating up 10" of cockpit. Plus the added weight of that huge 6 hanging off the back I'm guessing may mess with the CG.

In the end, stunningly beautiful boat, great set up. Did you mention what speeds youre seeing? Must be a rocket!

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
That makes total sense. Teagues motors are very well built and reliable. SCX is a stout drive. It's a solid set up all around. Was not even remotely taking anything away from your boat. Thing is insane. I was only thinking an 860 NA motor would have some more draw to people away from a supercharged (or turbo) set up. Little more mild option I guess...If you can say 860HP is a mild LOL. I did not realize it would require eating up 10" of cockpit. Plus the added weight of that huge 6 hanging off the back I'm guessing may mess with the CG.

In the end, stunningly beautiful boat, great set up. Did you mention what speeds youre seeing? Must be a rocket!
I agree, an NA engine in the 700-850 hp range would be great as well. The pissed of sound would be awesome. They would have to fill in the price gap with it though and not be priced so high like the Merc 860 IMO!

I know you had no negative thoughts on my boat, I'm just over here enjoying talking about boats! No worries!

As far as top speed, Bob says it will do 110 all day long. I have only had it to 95 at about 5300 rpm. Redline is 6400. Its a rocket from 45-90 mph. It cruises at 60 mph, 3700 rpm and about 0-1psi on the boost gauge.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Mikemo_SDS what would you get?
why did you do carpet instead of seadeck?
when I saw you at pirates I saw it was you the wife and 2 boys(talked to you as you pushed out). Figure having the boys means carpet would be easier toclean it.

Mikemo_SDS

Reaction score
@Mikemo_SDS what would you get?
why did you do carpet instead of seadeck?
when I saw you at pirates I saw it was you the wife and 2 boys(talked to you as you pushed out). Figure having the boys means carpet would be easier toclean it.
I remember meeting you there!

Not sure what I would get. Probably a bigger twin engine cat. I love cats.

I really don’t like the foam flooring. I have seen a lot of boats that it shrinks and exposes the glue around the edges. I have seen a lot that looks terrible after only 2 seasons.

The carpet that I have is a marine berber style. Softer and cooler than the standard 40oz marine carpet.

Riverryder

Reaction score
@Mikemo_SDS make sense! Also if the carpet gets to bad(which im sure it won’t) have more made take old one out snap new one in. Thanks for the insight. So In my dreams when I order one I’ll make sure to tell them no seadeck haha