WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

One for the strange news file: "El Paso Woman Wakes Up To Find Blood Dripping On Her From The Ceiling

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
She wants the apartment complex owners to compensate her. I don't see where they have a responsibility.

PlanB

Reaction score
How much does an apartment smell, for you to not notice the smell of a corpse after a few days of decomp?

🤮

I had a guy in a studio that had been dead for a couple of weeks with no AC on during the summer. You could smell him before we opened the exterior door to the unit. They probably had to gut the place to get the smell out.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I had a guy in a studio that had been dead for a couple of weeks with no AC on during the summer. You could smell him before we opened the exterior door to the unit. They probably had to gut the place to get the smell out.
Been around a couple...not the standard stench of rotting food in the sink, or too many pets.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good grief. Not sure I'd be able to close my eyes to sleep ever again 😳🤢🤮

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
You take coffee grounds and burn them in a cast iron frying pan walk around the house believe me it gets rid of the smell, don't ask me how I know.
noted. . ..
You never know when you might need to hide the smell of death or something bad .

Socalx09

Reaction score
Wish I never read that. Wow.

Sad that the guy was dead for days and no one in his life noticed.

rrrr

Reaction score
Back in ancient times I was remodeling turn of the century houses around the Colorado state capitol building in Denver.

One had a disturbing body shaped stain on the hardwood parlor floor, where the home's occupant had laid dead for weeks before being discovered. I had to replace the flooring, the stain wouldn't sand out. Ugh.

WYRD

Reaction score
If he died of natural causes why did he bleed out? a dead body doesn't just spew blood 🤷‍♂️

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If he died of natural causes why did he bleed out? a dead body doesn't just spew blood 🤷‍♂️
Ever seen a pig carcass gas up and "pop"?

The human body does some nasty stuff a few days after the ignition is shut off...

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Watch, She will start a Gofundme and get way more money than the problem...........Just like the 4 year old who ordered a shit load of popsicles. That Gofund me is such as scam sometimes.

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
You take coffee grounds and burn them in a cast iron frying pan walk around the house believe me it gets rid of the smell, don't ask me how I know.
How do you know? You've got me on the edge of my seat.

Water Romper

Reaction score
Back in the day, if we went on a body check, we carried Swisher Sweets cigars, I don't smoke at all, but lighting up to mask the odor was a slight help.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I did a job like this. Actually a couple of em.

The Official Haz Mat crew had already remove the body of the fellow. He died in bed. He basically just melted. Soaked through the bed. Then the Box spring. Then the floor, through the ceiling and down to the first floor. The body is mostly water remember. If your not in the sun drying out, the liquids just kinda ooze out.

The hauled away the furniture. The cut out the floor. They cut out the ceiling. They cut out the carpet from the bottom floor. Stench wouldn't go away. The condo got foreclosed on, and that's when our guys showed up. The smell was so bad no crew would do the job. We bleached the slab and fogged the interior and it got a little better.

The key was an Ozone generating machine. That ran over the weekend and the smell was gone.

A fellow I worked with ran a haz mat crew that did crime scenes. The did the PSA airline crash here in San Diego back in 1978. HUNDREDS of dead bodies. Scattered for blocks. Hanging on telephone lines, blown into peoples walls from the force of the crash. They were picking up pieces of people for weeks.

Hard Nope.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Back in ancient times I was remodeling turn of the century houses around the Colorado state capitol building in Denver.

One had a disturbing body shaped stain on the hardwood parlor floor, where the home's occupant had laid dead for weeks before being discovered. I had to replace the flooring, the stain wouldn't sand out. Ugh.
Wife and I went to home/probate sale. The home was a 50's era ranch style, big lot and was obviously owned by the same couple for years, time warp. In talking to the neighbor, the elderly widow lived there alone, no family ever.
The mail man called for a welfare check in the spring, when the grass started getting tall. He had continued to put the mail through the slot in the door...
She had been dead for months when deputies checked.

When we were looking at the ptoperty, the home was empty...what struck me odd was a weird stain on the kitchen linoleum. It was almost like a shadow. Never seen anything like it. No smell, aside from that of a home closed up, but weird.

Canuck 1

Midget Hater
Reaction score
I did a job like this. Actually a couple of em.

The Official Haz Mat crew had already remove the body of the fellow. He died in bed. He basically just melted. Soaked through the bed. Then the Box spring. Then the floor, through the ceiling and down to the first floor. The body is mostly water remember. If your not in the sun drying out, the liquids just kinda ooze out.

The hauled away the furniture. The cut out the floor. They cut out the ceiling. They cut out the carpet from the bottom floor. Stench wouldn't go away. The condo got foreclosed on, and that's when our guys showed up. The smell was so bad no crew would do the job. We bleached the slab and fogged the interior and it got a little better.

The key was an Ozone generating machine. That ran over the weekend and the smell was gone.

A fellow I worked with ran a haz mat crew that did crime scenes. The did the PSA airline crash here in San Diego back in 1978. HUNDREDS of dead bodies. Scattered for blocks. Hanging on telephone lines, blown into peoples walls from the force of the crash. They were picking up pieces of people for weeks.

Hard Nope.

Cubic dollars for these clean ups, send them over

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Cubic dollars for these clean ups, send them over
Ever seen "John Wick"?
There's a "specialty" cleanup guy, believe an ounce of gold per body, including weapons, cleanup and disposal

Looked like a promising career path ;)

nameisbond

Reaction score
Few years ago in the 1990's, had a storage locker. Some teenagers committed suicide in one of the lockers. They left their car running. It was inspired by Kurt Cobain. Man that whole area smelled horrible, took a few days before the storage locker people found the bodies. I still remember it.

can still find articles on their suicide: ‘The last trip’ | Maclean's | OCTOBER 31, 1994 (macleans.ca)

rush1

Reaction score
How do you know? You've got me on the edge of my seat.
You had to ask didn't you? Let's just say it's an old law enforcement officer trick ,you have to walk around the whole house a couple of times with them smoldering like a son of bitch ,it smells like burning ass but it's a hell of a lot better than decomposing body and it dissipates in a couple of days ,you have to go outside and smoke a swisher sweet after wards to get the smell out of your lungs but it actually works pretty damn good.

Water Romper

Reaction score