WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

One Hell of an Auto Reply

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Reached out to a shop about getting some suspension work done to my truck and below is the auto reply to their email. Are people that much of assholes these days where something like this is necessary? Now I have my guard up.

"We want to acknowledge that we have received your contact us form, and a ticket has been created.

Please understand that due to the huge increase of emails, calls, and walk-in customers, it may take us up to 72 hours to get back to you. Calling back a few minutes after you have just called does not help speed up the resolution to your ticket.

We are trying to offer the same service, dedication, and attention to detail that our customer base has come to expect from us over the past 22 plus years.

We have a family of 45 +/- team members here that are giving it their all day in and day out. So please have some patience while we work through this influx of inquires. Please show the same respect, common courtesy, and politeness that we show you. If you don't, you will need to find a different business to do business with.

If you are looking to schedule work, please understand that we are currently working with these time frames;

Dedicated shop time-
Standard 500 mile post work retorque - 3 days notice
Dedicated shop time for a build - 8 weeks out +/-
On the vehicle shock rebuilds - 8 weeks out +/-
Off the vehicle shock rebuilds - 4-6 weeks out +/-
Fabrication work - 18 months out +/-

If you feel like the above time frames don't apply to you because you feel you are more important than the customer we already have booked, or because you are spending thousands of dollars with us... That changes nothing. We still offer the same service, dedication, and attention to detail that our customer base has come to expect from us over the past 22 plus years, no matter the budget."

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Reached out to a shop about getting some suspension work done to my truck and below is the auto reply to their email. Are people that much of assholes these days where something like this is necessary? Now I have my guard up.

"We want to acknowledge that we have received your contact us form, and a ticket has been created.

Please understand that due to the huge increase of emails, calls, and walk-in customers, it may take us up to 72 hours to get back to you. Calling back a few minutes after you have just called does not help speed up the resolution to your ticket.

We are trying to offer the same service, dedication, and attention to detail that our customer base has come to expect from us over the past 22 plus years.

We have a family of 45 +/- team members here that are giving it their all day in and day out. So please have some patience while we work through this influx of inquires. Please show the same respect, common courtesy, and politeness that we show you. If you don't, you will need to find a different business to do business with.

If you are looking to schedule work, please understand that we are currently working with these time frames;

Dedicated shop time-

If you feel like the above time frames don't apply to you because you feel you are more important than the customer we already have booked, or because you are spending thousands of dollars with us... That changes nothing. We still offer the same service, dedication, and attention to detail that our customer base has come to expect from us over the past 22 plus years, no matter the budget."
I would go elsewhere, they can eat a bag of dicks.

mbrown2

Reaction score
Cheap work is not good and good work is not cheap...

Maybe they could have left out a couple of sentences.... but they are trying to weed the assholes. When I had work done to my jeep it was 3 months out and they did not even flinch....it was like sorry if that is not convenient and we understand if you want to go elsewhere. It did not matter that I spending 30K on a build with them....If I wanted the best I had to deal with their timeframe/pipeline/parts supply chain...after we were both set on time and expectations they were a joy to deal with and if there were any set backs it was 3rd party parts supply.

Maybe they like firing customers that are not fit for them and have a much better relationship with those with common interests.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score

Dedicated shop time-

My opinion is, they are being straight forward and up front!! And if it makes you not want to business with them the are ok with that. But dont bitch when you take it to another shop that tells you the can get you right in and then it sets there for an ungodly amount of time until you get tired of it. Then end up taking it to the shop that sent you that email to let you know the situation right from the start.

Again this is jmo

DWC

Reaction score
I do appreciate their honesty and parts of their approach. :oops: I’d rather have someone be up front on their timelines than run late while squeezing in their regulars and pushing my date back.. There were shops in town that kept saying “come back next month and I’ll get you on the calendar”. Yeah, never got on a calendar.
That being said, dude should have had a Snickers and a beer before finalizing this.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I agree that being upfront on timelines is very smart and I definitely appreciate that. This shop is a premier shop in Phx area and there is a reason they were the first ones I reached out to, I want to do business with them. Some of the other wording just went from 0-60 real quick when all I did was reach out to try to get a project started. Maybe wait until I show myself as an asshole before accusing me of being an asshole.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
All I read is:

"We have more work than we can handle and we're collecting shitloads of profit while not expanding our team, instead grinding them into the ground day in and day out so that we can provide extremely crappy service to those customers who have been with us for 22 years or 2 minutes regardless of how fat they're making our wallets. HAHA SUCKERS"

LuauLounge

Reaction score
My guess is this was a reaction to someone who sent him an email yesterday afternoon and showed up at the shop this morning when he didn’t get a reply wanting work done.

Can’t hire people, can’t get parts and material and people wanting it and wanting it now.
Everyone needs to have some patience.

badgas

Reaction score
They are being honest only if they stick to that time frame and work on your project with focus and the attention you deserve and they claim to have.

If they string people out for weeks/months longer than they advertise in that response and make 25 excuses then they are just another garbage poorly managed shop.

For me, I love the upfront honesty " ONLY " if they deliver.

77charger

Reaction score
Sounds like really busy understaffed and just saying they cant work on your stuff for a set time.Imo id rather them be upfront vs take my project say sure we can prob do in 3 weeks then take something apart then let it sit and 3 weeks tell you well were waiting on parts or backed up sorry it will be another 6 weeks.

badgas

Reaction score
I talked with one of the block wall compainies in Havasu last year and over the phone they said.

"We are booked 6 months out and one month before we can come out and give you an estimate"

I'm not sure if they would even deliver on that but at least they set the stage upfont that I should not expect much.

Your ad here

Reaction score
It could've been more professionally written but in these times I can understand the outburst, kinda. I'm sure if you had a relationship with them and had a direct phone number or email the response would be different. The email is blunt but nothing to get upset about. I'm finding it entertaining actually. I bet they get bombarded with jackasses all day.
I had a phone call today about parts I've been waiting 10 months on. When the guy answered the phone I could tell in his voice he had made a mistake picking up the phone until I mentioned it was me. Conversation took an instant 180 and he just kept chatting away. Finally I was like I have to go, see you soon.

dribble

Reaction score
That beats the hell out of the ones that tell you it’ll be done in a week, take a huge payment up front and let your shit sit outside with the windows open for a year. And yes I have seen that many times.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
I have zero problem with it. Kudos for being honest and specific.

And yes, if you have a service that’s been around that long and has a backlog, I’m guessing they’re in the top three in their business for that area.

I’d rather they under promise and over deliver than the other way around.

And yes, sometimes it’s OK to fire a customer, especially ones that don’t “get it”.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't get it. Maybe check emails and respond before you open your doors for the day? Spend a minute or two asking what's wanted of your shop. When they respond, you can give them an honest answer the next morning.
Being blunt works great when there's more than enough work for everyone. When times get lean though, people will remember you for what you acted like, not your skills.
I'm no salesman, but been around shops for a bit.

DLC

Reaction score
We’re you trying to have a pool built in Havasu? Seems like that is the response everyone gets these days.

call around to some other comparable companies and see what’s available….

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Dedicated shop time-

You’d never get that kind of honesty out of a boat repair shop :)

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
The shops are slammed. And they can’t get parts. Of course, every dude with a truck and newfound money wants to throw some parts on. And when they can’t get in next day, or things take longer than expected, they hop online and leave bullshit reviews slamming the shop. I don’t see the issue with the warning. Not to mention all of the tire kickers who want to email or call 10 times asking stupid questions that are easily answered with a little research.

I was shopping for parts for my prior Tacoma, and now my new Ram, and it’s the same with all of the reputable shops. I’d rather have an honest timeline and get my shit early, instead of being strung along with delays and empty promises.

Everyone wants their stuff, and wants it now. I’m sure most shops would love to deliver, but they can’t. At least they are being honest.

Motor Boater

Reaction score
They can’t staff up and hire new people because the government is paying everyone to stay home. If they beat the shot out of their employees to work non stop they will lose them. Sounds like they are slammed and sick of people screaming at them because they think they are more important than the rest of the world. Probably could have worded it a little better but it sounds like they are working their asses off and just done with the BS

bonesfab

Reaction score
I am telling customers if you want something done, lets sit down and make a plan and we need to order parts.. Parts are taking 2-4-6-8 months to get. Dakota Digital is 3-4 months, Vintage air is about the same. Bring me a deposit and I will order parts. When most of them are there, we will get started on it, I have 3-4 ls swaps waiting on parts, Delivery times keep getting pushed back. Nothing I can do about it.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Those guys are busy doing this , takes time and a lot of talent
A5B37AF3-9967-4AA6-87C0-2697CF0696E5.jpeg

84miller

Reaction score
They are attempting (wrong message) to maneuver around handing "shoppers" for service than people "needing" service, because they do not have the employees to cover the work load. They do not have time to have a employee to waste time on the phone with no income to support that employee. If you know them, and they have done work in the past for you...just follow the info. If not move on...fyi...in today's world do not expect what was yesterday...most businesses are hurting...but not from workload..but ability (employees).

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Let’s be honest- hiring a decent entry to mid level tech is damn near impossible right now. Not to mention a couple of weeks to a month getting them up to speed. Hiring an experienced tech who is ready to go right now? With no training, just ready to book labor hours? Lmao yeah right. So for a shop to “expand to meet demand!?” No fucking way in hell unless they have the money to poach from other shops.

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
I am telling customers if you want something done, lets sit down and make a plan and we need to order parts.. Parts are taking 2-4-6-8 months to get. Dakota Digital is 3-4 months, Vintage air is about the same. Bring me a deposit and I will order parts. When most of them are there, we will get started on it, I have 3-4 ls swaps waiting on parts, Delivery times keep getting pushed back. Nothing I can do about it.

this right here is someone I’d do business with. A straightforward response of we can get it done, but here are the pain points right now and we can’t guarantee an on-time completion date.

the auto reply the OP posted is pretty abrasive.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
this right here is someone I’d do business with. A straightforward response of we can get it done, but here are the pain points right now and we can’t guarantee an on-time completion date.

the auto reply the OP posted is pretty abrasive.
Let’s go a step further, NO disrespect to OP… has the OP gone in, in person to discuss a build? Does the OP have any history with this business? What kind of work does the OP need done? Leveling kit? Full suspension? Total build? It all factors in. Once again, no disrespect to OP, but if I were serious about a build, of any kind, I’d stop in, in person, to discuss options.

How many emails, etc do you think this shop gets a day about builds? And how many do you think actually follow through? 25%? 50%? I’ve emailed companies before when times were slow to get estimates when I was a couple of months out from being ready to pull the trigger. In this environment I don’t reach out until I’m ready to build. With the wait times and product shortages in mind.

f12517

Reaction score
Yes, people are assholes. I have no issue with their email. It tells me they are fed up with self centered, entitled pains in the ass. I find that this type of customer tends to require more attention and hand holding while being cheap about what quality work costs…

rrrr

Reaction score
Monday I called the company that remodeled my pool in 2013. The pool needs a lot of work. They did their best to fix it with the remodel, but it was a shit build to begin with.

Gal that answered the phone said "We don't do repairs, just remodels." I told her that's pretty much what I want. Then she says "The work we're booking now will be started in January."

That's fine with me. "We have your information, a salesman will call you to set up an appointment." So far no call.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I think the auto-reply is a bit over the top…quite a bit.

To quote Chris Rock, “…but I understand”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
It def sets expectations moving forward however imo it’s rather lengthy and gives of a reactive tone like something bad happened.

It should be cut in half, then in half again and then one more time in half.

I try to pivot from written communication to a phone call or in-person meeting as quickly as possible. There’s so much communication happening with inflection in voice and body language that miss-communication over text/email happens often.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Let’s go a step further, NO disrespect to OP… has the OP gone in, in person to discuss a build? Does the OP have any history with this business? What kind of work does the OP need done? Leveling kit? Full suspension? Total build? It all factors in. Once again, no disrespect to OP, but if I were serious about a build, of any kind, I’d stop in, in person, to discuss options.

How many emails, etc do you think this shop gets a day about builds? And how many do you think actually follow through? 25%? 50%? I’ve emailed companies before when times were slow to get estimates when I was a couple of months out from being ready to pull the trigger. In this environment I don’t reach out until I’m ready to build. With the wait times and product shortages in mind.

All due respect I think it's entirely irrelevant what I was contacting them about, could have been as simple as wanting to buy tires or wanting to commission a fully fabbed prerunner, everyone gets this same email response.

The assumption that I am going to be an asshole is what irks me, a simple auto reply of "we have received your message and one of our dedicated consultants will be reaching out within 72 hours" would have been just fine. At that point in time the employee could ask me what my timeline is and, if I was an ass, I'd say I need it right now and then they can "fire" me as a client. A simple question like that would have uncovered the fact that I am very understanding and that I don't have a specific deadline, whatever works in their schedule. I've had a half done bbq island in my backyard for 5 months due to supply chain issues.

I purposefully sent an email knowing how stupid busy everyone is right now so they could respond at their leisure instead of forcing them to talk to me right now by just dropping by the shop.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I like the second part.

When I was at Centric, I can't count how many times I was a 1/2 page into a very detailed reply to a tech question that came in when the phone rings and its the same guy that emailed in....so I just wasted a bunch of time. It got me fired up every time.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Dedicated shop time-

Might have been worded better, but the point is well made...

They intend to treat you right, but you need to be patient.

Nothing wrong with that. 👍

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
All due respect I think it's entirely irrelevant what I was contacting them about, could have been as simple as wanting to buy tires or wanting to commission a fully fabbed prerunner, everyone gets this same email response.

The assumption that I am going to be an asshole is what irks me, a simple auto reply of "we have received your message and one of our dedicated consultants will be reaching out within 72 hours" would have been just fine. At that point in time the employee could ask me what my timeline is and, if I was an ass, I'd say I need it right now and then they can "fire" me as a client. A simple question like that would have uncovered the fact that I am very understanding and that I don't have a specific deadline, whatever works in their schedule. I've had a half done bbq island in my backyard for 5 months due to supply chain issues.

I purposefully sent an email knowing how stupid busy everyone is right now so they could respond at their leisure instead of forcing them to talk to me right now by just dropping by the shop.

Don’t take things so personal. Let’s consider how many emails they receive about bullshit like leveling kits, etc. many of which are from customers who have no intention of actually ordering the parts. And then these same customers who blow the company up on social media because their expectations weren’t met and the truck wasnt done on time, etc.

My neighbor just bought a Ram diesel. Took it to Strapt here in PHX for a Thuren leveling kit. When it was done it looked phenomenal but all he did was complain to me about stance, time it took to be done, etc. Truck looked PERFECT to me. He expected the springs to be replaced at no charge over what, 1/2” front level distance? After the Thuren website has MULTIPLE warnings about lift height. And this is a guy who has had several lifted trucks (first Ram). You can’t please everyone. He wanted it fixed for free with a spring swap. I just laughed and went on my way.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Don’t take things so personal. Let’s consider how many emails they receive about bullshit like leveling kits, etc. many of which are from customers who have no intention of actually ordering the parts. And then these same customers who blow the company up on social media because their expectations weren’t met and the truck wasnt done on time, etc.

My neighbor just bought a Ram diesel. Took it to Strapt here in PHX for a Thuren leveling kit. When it was done it looked phenomenal but all he did was complain to me about stance, time it took to be done, etc. Truck looked PERFECT to me. He expected the springs to be replaced at no charge over what, 1/2” front level distance? After the Thuren website has MULTIPLE warnings about lift height. And this is a guy who has had several lifted trucks (first Ram). You can’t please everyone. He wanted it fixed for free with a spring swap. I just laughed and went on my way.

I have no problem with a company calling an asshole on being on asshole. Give people realistic time frames when discussing the details of the build, have the customer sign off on that time frame in writing, and tell them to pound sand if they complain after that. When I worked at a hotel it always bugged me that the biggest dicks got the most free shit.

I don't think it's very smart for a company to assume that all of their customers or potential customers will be be bitchy like your neighbor, sounds like a really fast way to alienate your local community, but that's just me.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I have no problem with a company calling an asshole on being on asshole. Give people realistic time frames when discussing the details of the build, have the customer sign off on that time frame in writing, and tell them to pound sand if they complain after that. When I worked at a hotel it always bugged me that the biggest dicks got the most free shit.

I don't think it's very smart for a company to assume that all of their customers or potential customers will be be bitchy like your neighbor, sounds like a really fast way to alienate your local community, but that's just me.

I agree. But at this point you have to assume that MOST customers are assholes, and plan accordingly. Again, nothing to take personal. Do the research, order the parts, and do the install yourself. Or if you can’t, reach out to the inmates. I’m not a pro tech (anymore) but if someone needs a place to wrench and the tools to do it, I’m here. As am many others I’m sure.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
They better be good at some thing because they sure aren’t good at being open for business. No matter what they have gone through or how difficult they’ve had it with their customers there’s no excuse for shit like this. No one should do business with the company that addresses potential customers this way

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
At some point, they won't have this back log and will be begging for customers.

Backlash

Reaction score
At least you got some sort of reply. 🙄

I recently reached out to a company, expressed my interest and explained what I was hoping for. I didn't ask for much, and never even got a reply.

Not a..... "Sorry, we dont do that."
Not a..... "Thank you for the interest, but we are extremely busy working on other orders."

Nothing. Zip. Nada.

I guess my business wasn't worth their time. Well, guess what? In the future, when others ask me "Who should I contact" for these types of items, THIS particular company will not be my first, second or third recommendation.

I don't own my own business, but I have spent majority of my life working in the field of customer service. I learned it doesn't take much for a person and their business to be successful. Answer your phone and interact with your customer base in a positive way. It's that simple.

pixrthis

Reaction score
I appreciate the honesty and respect any business that has the ability to turn away work. Not every customer is worth dealing with and I see this as step one in weeding out some of the bad ones.