WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

one last kick of the dead horse (gel scheme)

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I would ditch the black windshield look. Although it may look cool that thing is going to get very hot in the heat of summer...

Point taken, we went over it in the previous thread, the hull has a wide "top" to the "windshield" that will be either white or the light grey, should be wide enough to rest my arm with out too much trouble. Tried without the windshield and the rest of the black and orange just didn't work.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Dam this boat looks a million times better than what I saw in the previous thread from where you started, well done!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Dam this boat looks a million times better than what I saw in the previous thread from where you started, well done!

I would like to say the other thread was me just foolin around, but RDP set me straight!

v6toy4x

Reaction score
You must have had yer balls snipped....cuz you're putting purple on your boat man. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

You're killing me! not my balls but pretty damn close, you don't want to know!
If you didn't see the first thread, there is a whole story behind the purple, I can not show up with a new boat amongst my homies without some purple!

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
ya i'll have to with a number 2

the black on the "windshield" will be fine
how often you gunna touch it ???

have them put some pearl in it
would look nice gives the illusion of glass windshield

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Sorry.. but my dick head comment got you here.
Tuff love ๐Ÿคฃ

100% all good, you were spot on, the second best comment of the whole ordeal next to
"I thought you were building a howard not a Kachina"

I actually told my oldest boy who replied "I am glad someone said something!"

traquer

Reaction score
#2. I like the pearl/metalic idea for the black. Will hide oxidation better too down the road

traquer

Reaction score
Also you might have done it already but did you try swapping the orange for the purple and seeing if you like it? Just a last minute idea

v6toy4x

Reaction score
#2. I like the pearl/metalic idea for the black. Will hide oxidation better too down the road

I did not think about pearl in the black, The final colors and fades, as well as the whole thing ultimately will be laid in Mike at Howards hands.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Also you might have done it already but did you try swapping the orange for the purple and seeing if you like it? Just a last minute idea

Yes i did, I thought it was too "bright", even though I started out with stuff Ray Charles could have seen!

I am not a proud man, I will listen to reason!

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
FWIW, I vote for #2-I realize this is a "rough" drawing, but I'd like to see the orange divider between the black "windshield" and the purple be parallel with the white divider.

As I was on vacation with my wife last week in Panama City Beach, FL, I thought of you and your orange and purple color decision. I love the combo, and the sunsets had those two colors in them every night. You're just getting back to nature! ๐Ÿคฃ

v6toy4x

Reaction score
FWIW, I vote for #2-I realize this is a "rough" drawing, but I'd like to see the orange divider between the black "windshield" and the purple be parallel with the white divider.

As I was on vacation with my wife last week in Panama City Beach, FL, I thought of you and your orange and purple color decision. I love the combo, and the sunsets had those two colors in them every night. You're just getting back to nature! ๐Ÿคฃ

I hope you had an enjoyable time with your wife--Happy wife, Happy life!
I wondered how long it would take for people to realize that!! ๐Ÿ˜†

As far as making the orange and white pins parallel, I am pretty sure those both are body lines in the mold so following them kinda follows the mold of the boat??

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Still lean toward 2. I'm sure mike my have some little tweaks yet to come.

Tank0088

Reaction score
Have you tried switching the Orange and Purple? Or are you looking to have more purple?

Nordie

Reaction score
I don't mean to give a complex, I like the black faux windshield gel design, but black and orange always clash to me, maybe outline it with another pin. It's almost like the black on the side is an afterthought. I love the design and if I had to choose I would say #2

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Have you tried switching the Orange and Purple? Or are you looking to have more purple?

I have flipped them in previous renderings, I prefer the purple as the predominate "accent" color with just a flavor of the orange.

The only way it is going to work is if we can get close to the purple sample at the beginning of the thread otherwise the purple doesn't work.

THX

v6toy4x

Reaction score
I don't mean to give a complex, I like the black faux windshield gel design, but black and orange always clash to me, maybe outline it with another pin. It's almost like the black on the side is an afterthought. I love the design and if I had to choose I would say #2

No complex, I posted this here to get as many differing opinions as possible.
You must not be an SF Gianst fan!

THX

38-11 #2

Last edited:

Nordie

Reaction score
No complex, I posted this here to get as many differing opinions as possible.
You must not be an SF Gianst fan!

THX

I'm from Vegas, but family is from Chicago, definitely not a Giants fan