WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Only in Bullhead

78Southwind

Reaction score
So I am driving around Bullhead and I keep seeing this guy with a sign that says $65 a day for a PWC rental. I think to myself this guy is trying to put the rest of the PWC rental companies out of business. So on my way back from Sam's Club I see what looks to be the wives of the other competitors with signs about this particular PWC rental company.[emoji15]

uploadfromtaptalk1434918698385.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1434918675882.jpg

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lol I thought that was a crazy low price

philofab

Dirty scum
Reaction score

Seriously, check Yelp. I have a truck rental business here and I hear some crazy stories. I hope he doesn't last long, as it makes the rest of out businesses in this town look bad.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Seriously, check Yelp. I have a truck rental business here and I hear some crazy stories. I hope he doesn't last long, as it makes the rest of out businesses in this town look bad.

I thought the truck rental guy was gonna shoot pops for driving behind the fence [emoji51]

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Lots of bad reviews hopefully they are done soon

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Is the name of that place Fastrip? I got on google and people are pissed about that place

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I thought malos... Fastrip is the gas station let me read there reviews too

78Southwind

Reaction score
Is the name of that place Fastrip? I got on google and people are pissed about that place

My understanding from the locals is that Fastrip is the uncle of this guy. Before I bought my Spectra I talked to him once about renting a Yamaha Boat but he wanted something like $700 a day so I said no thanks. Other than that I really don't know anything about Malow (good or bad). I just thought the signs were funny since the Mom's were getting back at him for taking money out of their pockets.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
My understanding from the locals is that Fastrip is the uncle of this guy. Before I bought my Spectra I talked to him once about renting a Yamaha Boat but he wanted something like $700 a day so I said no thanks. Other than that I really don't know anything about Malow (good or bad). I just thought the signs were funny since the Mom's were getting back at him for taking money out of their pockets.
Yea, people are pissed about that place. All the reviews about both of those places are like reading mini horror stories.

78Southwind

Reaction score

Yeah, I thought Fastrip was bad enough during the week with their $75 a day price. I remember back in the late 70's early 80's my parents rented a stand-up for me in Tahoe and it was $35 a hour. Yeah I am old.:D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I rented jet skis in havasu when my boat wasn't ready. The whole thing is just kind of a shitty deal.

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
I would love to go to afghanistan and cut the price of bread and see how long I would kept my head :finger

78Southwind

Reaction score
I would love to go to afghanistan and cut the price of bread and see how long I would kept my head :finger

I hear ya jeepdog. So it that your friends out there with the signs?

78Southwind

Reaction score
Some of the post's on Yelp are crazy, it reminds me of an experience I once had renting an RV.

I rented an RV for the #1 USC vs #2 Texas 2005 National Championship game and when I get to his business on the day of the rental he doesn't have the RV that we agreed I was going to rent. So I take this hunk of shit that is dirty and drives like it has square wheels. I white knuckle this think all the way to the Rose Bowl and try to use the Microwave and it doesn't even work. So I call the owner right away and tell him the Microwave doesn't work and he seems cool with it. That night the heater doesn't work so I tell him in the morning about it. I then I take this hunk of shit home to clean it and to the nearest dump station to dump the black water and grey water. Remind you it was just me and my girlfriend in this thing it wasn't a raging party. I take it back to the lot and the guy even comments how well I have taken care of it. He tells me I will get a full refund of my deposit and sure enough the guys screws me out of my $250 deposit. So I hope this guys get what he deserves.:grumble:

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
It's really sad that business get away with all that BS. In this case cheap up front cost, but the client doesn't have a clue...I've heard countless stories of fraud...life vest charges...bs damage...5 6 bucks for gas on and on....the city gets screwed on the taxes (tax cheap rental not the damage) I'm sure hundreds if not thousands of tourist don't come back, they literally wreck families vacation... and what really pisses me off they put people on the water that probably have no business being out there...It's a real joke, but it's definitely not funny....:grumble:

philofab

Dirty scum
Reaction score
I thought the truck rental guy was gonna shoot pops for driving behind the fence [emoji51]

That was probably David... he is actually a really good guy but really bad at approaching people when they do that. We try and stop people from driving back there because most people run into everything and anything trying to turn around instead of backing out. My apologies if you or your Dad had a bad experience.

So far I've had 5-6 people run into the gate.
One hit my Mercedes.
One knocked the TX20 and it's trailer off the stand
4-5 have hit UHaul trucks
1 hit a UHaul trailer
1 ran over a broom
1 hit the power pole
1 hit the corner of my building

Last edited by a moderator:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
That was probably David... he is actually a really good guy but really bad at approaching people when they do that. We try and stop people from driving back there because most people run into everything and anything trying to turn around instead of backing out. My apologies if you or your Dad had a bad experience.

So far I've had 5-6 people run into the gate.
One hit my Mercedes.
One knocked the TX20 and it's trailer off the stand
4-5 have hit UHaul trucks
1 hit a UHaul trailer
1 ran over a broom
1 hit the power pole
1 hit the corner of my building

I don't think it was your place it was a budget rental truck/gun shop. It wasn't a bad experience they actually did us a favor the guy was just kind if mad my dad didn't read the signs that said stop [emoji4]

Last edited by a moderator:

philofab

Dirty scum
Reaction score
The guy that owns the Budget place is the same way... except he carries a gun. Don't dare hit his Merc... then he probably would shoot you. Lol.

Flynryan

Reaction score
That part of the river would be a much safer place if all those rental places were gone or atleast all the renters had to have a license or something. I dont ever go up river unless its late in the day and all those idiots are off the river.

charlyox

Reaction score
I have afriend who is a Bullhead cop and he told me that they fix dents in the jet skiis with body filler that is water soluable and when it is returned they ding them for body damage.

78Southwind

Reaction score
I have afriend who is a Bullhead cop and he told me that they fix dents in the jet skiis with body filler that is water soluable and when it is returned they ding them for body damage.
Lol that's f'd up

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Have a few friends that owned jetski rental companies.. If they are busy, from the time of purchase the jetski pays itself off in 30 days.. Lol. It's a total racket.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Have a few friends that owned jetski rental companies.. If they are busy, from the time of purchase the jetski pays itself off in 30 days.. Lol. It's a total racket.

Friend started Inland Empire jet ski rentals. I took him to the rental guy in Parker to ask questions and see if it is worth it. All his skis are hammered, says he charges $90 a square inch for damage. One ski looked like he had collected $20k in damage fees alone. He said he had insurance but after trying every company none would insure a seadoo only rental operation. They told him he must already be in the rental business insured with them and then he could add them.

Reaction score
Screen Shot 2015-06-21 at 10.44.00 PM.png

Reading his replies to the negative reviews is the best part. What a bag...

78Southwind

Reaction score
http://m.kdminer.com/news/2017/jun/26/consumer-fraud-lawsuit-filed-against-malows-bullhe/

Arizona state files consumer fraud lawsuit against Malow?s Jet Ski Rental in Bullhead City

KINGMAN ? The Arizona Attorney General?s office has filed a complaint against Malow?s Jet Ski Rentals in Bullhead City after receiving numerous complaints of consumer fraud and deceptive advertising, a spokesman for the AG said Friday.

?Defendants charged consumers far more than the price their advertisements disclosed,? states the complaint filed June 19 in Superior Court in Maricopa County.

The business, owned by Mahriar Akbari, advertises ?$65 All Day? and ?$75 All Day? jet ski rentals at multiple locations, including the wall of a building next to a gas station, sidewalk signs outside the business at 1080 Highway 95 and on Facebook, but doesn?t mention restrictions and additional fees.

The rates are only good a few days a week, excluding weekends and holidays. Renters are hit with a $15 launch and recovery fee, and gasoline charges can be confusing.

During specials, Malow?s would include the price of gasoline in the total rental cost. At times, consumers are charged a flat rate for an unlimited quantity of gasoline. Other times, consumers are charged a per-gallon rate for the amount used during the rental period. Or they might be charged at a per-gallon rate by checking the number of bars measuring consumption on the fuel gauge.

?There?s all sorts of hidden fees that customers don?t know about until they pay the bill,? said Ryan Anderson, director of communications for Attorney General Mark Brnovich. ?Many people saw cheap prices only to find hidden charges on their credit card.?

Anderson said online business reviews at Yelp and TripAdvisor show either one star or five stars for Malow?s Jet Ski Rentals. The five-star review is probably from a business family member, he said.

He acknowledges that Yelp isn?t the ?end-all, cure-all? for business reviews, but there seems to be a pattern.

According to the Better Business Bureau, Malow?s has a pattern of complaints involving customer billing and collection, and refund and exchange issues. Consumers sign a lengthy waiver prior to renting the jet skis, only to have the company claim damages due to rocks, dents, scratches and bent propellers. Gas charges ranged from $60 to $100.

Until August 2016, the jet ski rental business failed to include specific rental terms in the contract such as an itemized list of charges, specific watercraft rented, rental period, amount of refundable deposit, method of payment of refundable deposit, or any fees for gasoline, launch and recovery of jet skis, or labor to repair damages.

Anderson said some folks don?t know about the AG?s consumer fraud division. Arizona has some of the strongest consumer protection laws in the nation, including up to $10,000 in fines for each violation.

They might write something on Facebook or Yelp, but they won?t take the time to file a complaint.

?It?s $150 or $200. For a lot of people, it?s annoying, it?s frustrating, but it?s not worth their time,? Anderson said.

?What we?re trying to do is we want to hear from consumers. We believe other consumers out there may have been the victim of consumer fraud and we want to hear from them, to have the ability to identify more victims and seek restitution.?

The AG?s office handled 16,000 complaints last year and gave more than $5 million in restitution to consumers, Anderson noted.

?We see a pattern here, so that hammer we have, that $10,000 fine will bring a company to the table to address complaints against them,? he said.

Anyone who has experienced problems with Malow?s Jet Ski Rental is encouraged to contact the AG?s office at [email protected].

jeepdog

Lucky jeepdog
Reaction score
pretty wild I knew something was up when I saw all the mallow signs went down a couple of weeks ago, now they say scottys...classic goat fuck 101...unbelievable:thumbsdown

78Southwind

Reaction score
pretty wild I knew something was up when I saw all the malow signs went down a couple of weeks ago, now they say scottys...classic goat fuck 101...unbelievable:thumbsdown

Yep, I noticed the same thing and figure something was going on (maybe Malow's was sold). With all of the $55/$65 per day signs at multiple jet ski rental locations I thought that all of the other companies where trying to put him out of business for all of his shenanigans (I guess I was wrong if he just changed the name).

philofab

Dirty scum
Reaction score
Just a heads up but Scott's is a seperate company that has nothing to do with Malow's except he sublets the shop from him. Malows has multiple locations in town. They moved their repair shop across the street and rented the old shop to Scott. They main rental office is next to the old repair shop (Where Scott is now).

He just started renting that spot from Malow and it was probably bad timing as most will think he is associated. I've know Scott for years and he is a stand up guy.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Just a heads up but Scott's is a seperate company that has nothing to do with Malow's except he sublets the shop from him. Malows has multiple locations in town. They moved their repair shop across the street and rented the old shop to Scott. They main rental office is next to the old repair shop (Where Scott is now).

He just started renting that spot from Malow and it was probably bad timing as most will think he is associated. I've know Scott for years and he is a stand up guy.
Thanks

traquer

Reaction score
LOL! We almost beat that guy's ass last year!! I had two cousins from Eastern Europe visit for the summer and they rented two jetskiis. These guys are big dudes and went all Balkan on that fucker when he tried his scam. Scared him pretty good. I told them I'll bail you outta jail if I have to, just don't get shot this is America :eek

Ol Man

Reaction score
I was in a couple of the rental shops a week ago, including Malow's. Some of the skis are pretty beat. I ended up renting two new Waverunners from Dave's and I was happy with the equipment and the service. This was for Sun, Mon and Tue. I paid $300 per day for the two with no hidden fees or extra charges.

By the way, these things haul ass.

Yldboyz

Reaction score
There's gonna be a lot more of those on the road, have you forgotten about the sponsor programs...

Albert

Reaction score
Literally my sister rent a JetSki’s and they said that the rub rail was damage. This was on like a 1996 JetSki that was all need to shit. This was a while back not this rental place. She had a fight with them finally settled on $200 for the rub rail, the very next day I went out and bought Honda turbo JetSki’s just for that reason