WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

oopppsss C8 Corvette

boatpi

Reaction score
If you notice the new Equinox I bet these were GM folks, at least form them I hope so.

4Waters

Reaction score
I guess it didn't handle as good as the owner thought.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Says they crossed the double yellow line but you can't tell that from the video

Wonder what OnStar said when it found out about the crash :D:eek:

nameisbond

Reaction score
I wonder if it was a journalist? From the looks of the SUV in the video, the C8 holds up well in a crash.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Am I the only one wanting the drivetrain?

As for how it handled, I wonder if someone hit the apex like they have in every other vette, but this one pushed not slid.

prosthogod

Reaction score
I'm sure it handled just like all vettes, and driven by typical vette driver(douce), thats why it crashed.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
The first two rules in the unwritten Vette ownership manual authored by Experience Himself says: Any Vette owner wanting to test/push Vette performance should First: learn the limits by taking the Corvette driving class offered by Chevy. Second: never let one of your friends take it for a "test" run.:eek::eek:
I know these rules from experience:(:mad:. The Vette is way tooo much car performance for almost all but experienced performance drivers.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The first two rules in the unwritten Vette ownership manual authored by Experience Himself says: Any Vette owner wanting to test/push Vette performance should First: learn the limits by taking the Corvette driving class offered by Chevy. Second: never let one of your friends take it for a "test" run.:eek::eek:
I know these rules from experience:(:mad:. The Vette is way tooo much car performance for almost all but experienced performance drivers.
Funny! That reminded me of street racing in the 90's. We'd always look for the rich kids who had daddy's vette for showing off with their girlfriends. 100$ bill, and they always wanted to be Billy Badass in front of their chick. Never failed. Not the same now, vettes have come a long way. Not to mention, most kids don't seem to carry cash either. Ahhh, the good 'ol days:p

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I was allowed to take a friend's Vette out for a spin. I ran it pretty hard, but totally respected the HP it had. Fun ride to say the least.

707dog

Reaction score
I was allowed to take a friend's Vette out for a spin. I ran it pretty hard, but totally respected the HP it had. Fun ride to say the least.
same here... i am a vette fan haven't owned one yet, neighbor has the 2017 grand sport threw me the keys made a few rips light to light and down the freeway gained total full respect of what that car is and now i really really want one:D

4Waters

Reaction score
Do you guys think Vettes handle bad? I know you hate GM but c’mon....

I don’t think you get what he’s saying. If you’re driving a mid engine Bette and it handles like the other vettes (front engine). You’re definitely doing something wrong.
Yes this ^^^^. This vette is supposed to make past Vette's look like the other vette that Chevy produced (the Chevette).

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Left front damage on the C8, fluid trail crossing road and ends up on wrong side. Right front corner taken off the pickup. Left rear corner gone from the SUV. My guess is the C8 driver was going fast and understeered (plowed) into the rear of the SUV and took its wheel off. Can't imagine how the pickup was involved.

SO the C8 is an understeering piece of shit...not a drivers car!

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
From the C4's on up, the Vette was amongst the best handling sports cars. If not the best! Just because a car handles great, doesn't make better drivers.
The C5 Corvette was a complete redesign inside/out with 1/3 less parts. It was game changer for Corvette in handling and reliability. The C8 will be like wise.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The C5 Corvette was a complete redesign inside/out with 1/3 less parts. It was game changer for Corvette in handling and reliability. The C8 will be like wise.

I sure liked our C5, and it was just a baseline convertible.
But then again, I’m not race car driver (except for drag racing), and it was the only “modern” sports car I’ve ever had.
It was a fun car, and when I bought it there was 17K miles on it and it was about 6-7 years old and cost me the same as a new Camry.

spectras only

Reaction score
SO the C8 is an understeering piece of shit...not a drivers car!

It's too early judging the car's handling/performance IMO. It was most likely driver error causing the accident, running out of talent. Driver should have taken time or better yet, a driving course with professionals before getting too spirited driving a new vehicle. I remember when the Viper came on the scene, most wrecks happened in the first months of ownership. It didn't help that Chrysler outfitted early models without ABS, TC either.;)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It's too early judging the car's handling/performance IMO. It was most likely driver error causing the accident, running out of talent. Driver should have taken time or better yet, a driving course with professionals before getting too spirited driving a new vehicle. I remember when the Viper came on the scene, most wrecks happened in the first months of ownership. It didn't help that Chrysler outfitted early models without ABS, TC either.;)

Amen.
I NEVER showed Deb how to deactivate the control. She would have wrecked for sure, and that was just our base model.
She tried driving her nephews Z06 with a trick clutch in it and couldn’t get it goin. Good thing.
She was proficient in driving manual shift vehicles (ours was a manual), but had never driven anything high strung.

spectras only

Reaction score
Friend has a NobleM400, re-programmed for more boost to 450HP. Car weighs a scant 2350lbs. I can throw it in sharp corners without a hint of letting loose because of its inertia factor, compared to a Vette or Viper's HP/weight.Honestly, I thought GM would shave weight for this car for track duty. Stereo system must weigh at least 100 lbs alone.
Also, I'm not sure why the lower A arm is cast aluminum, unlike the upper one that is forged.:confused:

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Probably lucky that SUV and truck were there that kept him from going over the side.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It was the all season tires that caused the crash.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Friend has a NobleM400, re-programmed for more boost to 450HP. Car weighs a scant 2350lbs. I can throw it in sharp corners without a hint of letting loose because of its inertia factor, compared to a Vette or Viper's HP/weight.Honestly, I thought GM would shave weight for this car for track duty. Stereo system must weigh at least 100 lbs alone.
Also, I'm not sure why the lower A arm is cast aluminum, unlike the upper one that is forged.:confused:

Nobles are no joke..

As far as the cast and forged arms, that is how they got the costs down. Also OHC engines are exceedingly cheap to make.

A full Hellcat engine with supercharger is cheaper to make than the pentastar V6 in a Jeep :)