WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Opinions needed...leave it or screw with it?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
As a long time hot rod guy, I tend to modify shit but that car I'd leave it as is. Too cool and classy to fuck it all up.

Unless you're one of those guys that wear flat bill hats with Monster energy drink logos, black Tap Out t-shirts and high socks with baggy shorts and have a bunch of stupid tattoos, then go ahead and slam that sucker to the ground, throw in a giga watt bumping stereo system, murder it out and keep fucking it up to the point that it is no longer enjoyable to drive but all the 13 year old kids (and adults with 13 year old maturity levels) will think it's really cool! :eek::cool::D

+1

spectras only

Reaction score
That is perfect. The steelies are just tolerable to me. I can deal with them, but prefer something with more character like this.

Unloaded
Lincoln%2064%20sideview.jpg

Loaded, my 64 was lowered by natural process of aging;) Rear height was perfect match of the trailer tongueo_O
64Lincoln.76Spectra.jpg

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
No tint. Doesnt look right in older vehicles. Bags are ok but it's too clean, I'd leave it alone.
FWIW, that's the first time in my life I have ever said that. I'm officially old AF.

This. ^^^^

No tint... wouldn't be era correct

Only a slight drop or you'll look like a pimp..
Forget about the RDP straw hat... You'll need one of these
fullsizeoutput_9c1.jpeg

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've already gone the Lincoln route. I like the Cadillac much better.

spectras only

Reaction score
I've already gone the Lincoln route. I like the Cadillac much better.

Lincoln was a better built car, but yes, liked my 66 Coupe de Ville for its two door styling only;) The Caddy had bags inside the coil springs to keep the car from rolling over in hairpin turns:rolleyes::D

GRADS

Reaction score
Still seems like it's split down the middle, you guys were a big help.:rolleyes::D:D

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Tint the windows then leave it alone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Dkahnjob

Reaction score
Leave it stock. Looks best the way it is now!

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
No tint for me unless you black the entire car out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
Do what suits YOUR tastes or how YOU want it to look. Screw what other people think.

It'll look great either way - the way it is now - or bagged with tint. My preference is leave it. If you were in some sort of restoration mode or customizing it and not starting at or near 100% bone stock, I would go with bags, tint, and de-chrome it a bit. That a super nice Caddy you have.

waterhorse

Reaction score
How can you buy a classic car withoit a vision ? Do what you like, why would another opinion matter? Other than tech advice. The Caddy has huge potential.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Grads, Caddy looks cool. Not crazy about dark tints, they tend to draw LE & tickets. If you bag/air ride it make sure you do a lot of reasearch & get your check book out. Could drop it a couple of inches & play with different wheel tire sizes. Who ever is doing the work needs to have a proven recipe & know their stuff.

GRADS

Reaction score
So excited....I should be getting it back any day now....super dialed in.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Arn’t tinted windows only for when you’re doing blow???...:eek:

Last edited:

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I'm too late, but I would have left it bone stock. Maybe buy OEM new shocks for the "Caddy" ride factor...The Caddy wire spokes are a nice touch, but keep the original wheels/tires.. Too late...
Ray
For some reason the font size went nuts???

guest hs

Reaction score
I've asked a few friends and it seems to be split as am I. Should I leave it bone stock or tint the windows and bag/lower it? Also that's another question, bag it or lower it just a couple inches? This company has a kit for it and it's considerably cheaper than bags. Anybody have any experience with this company?
https://www.jamcosuspension.com/products/sfID1/31/sfID2/41/productID/1570

Quick little photoshop. Let me hear it.

View attachment 755371
I would that pos and buy a jet bote!

707dog

Reaction score
If you decide to bag it let me know... got a guy in Sacramento who takes the slam world seriously worked for 2 top brands as a local rep and installer and will lay the bitch out for you for a great price. Just did 2 Lincoln's in the last few months

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
It just needs a purple rubber Longhorn bolted to the hood and a GRADS sticker on the rear window. :eek:

GRADS

Reaction score
If you decide to bag it let me know... got a guy in Sacramento who takes the slam world seriously worked for 2 top brands as a local rep and installer and will lay the bitch out for you for a great price. Just did 2 Lincoln's in the last few months
Dude I really appreciate that.

GRADS

Reaction score
I'm too late, but I would have left it bone stock. Maybe buy OEM new shocks for the "Caddy" ride factor...The Caddy wire spokes are a nice touch, but keep the original wheels/tires.. Too late...
Ray
For some reason the font size went nuts???
I did, in fact I made it as stock as possible. Super excited to get it back tomorrow hopefully.

Moneypit

Ol' school kid..........
Reaction score
I did, in fact I made it as stock as possible. Super excited to get it back tomorrow hopefully.
Good choice. Better value retention....
Ray
edit: I had a 63 Eldorado Convertible back in 69-71. Firemist green metalic, white leather, white top w/ AC... Beautiful car, rode like a dream...Wish I still had it...

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
I had a sweet 65 Deville convertible about 15 years ago. All original. And everything worked perfectly It was a great car to cruise. Wish I never sold that one.

GRADS

Reaction score
I had a sweet 65 Deville convertible about 15 years ago. All original. And everything worked perfectly It was a great car to cruise. Wish I never sold that one.
Other than the air there's nothing that doesn't work on this car, including all 6 power windows, power seats and each seat has a cig lighter.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Other than the air there's nothing that doesn't work on this car, including all 6 power windows, power seats and each seat has a cig lighter.

Most I’d do is a small drop with springs. That way if ya sell. It’s easy to take back to original. It’s a clean ride.

GRADS

Reaction score
Most I’d do is a small drop with springs. That way if ya sell. It’s easy to take back to original. It’s a clean ride.
That's exactly what I was thinking.