WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Opinions on 22-25' WTOB - Nordic and Lavey Craft

Kevin93

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. I'm from New Jersey and interested in buying a new walk-through performance boat. These are rare at best around here (as are sub-30' go-fasts in general save closed-bow Donzis), so I was excited to find some really cool brands out West.

I'm looking for something that ideally will do 70+, but build quality and ride quality in moderate-rough water are more important to me than outright speed. I want it to be able to move, but its main duty will be for family rides. This will be my first new purchase, coming off a hand-me-down bowrider.

I love the size and looks of the Nordic 22 Evo, but at 18* deadrise it looks like it might beat you up in the chop, which seemed supported from a few posts.

Two other boats that look especially good are the Lavey Craft 24 Nuera and the Nordic 25 Rage. I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum and haven't come across any direct comparisons. The Lavey is a bit more stretched (actually longer, with narrower beam), and they have the same deadrise although it looks (?) like the Rage rides on a pad more than coming to a vee.

Has anyone been on these, or is there a general preference for one or the other? They seem to both have a good rep, but does one have better build quality?

Thanks!

Reactions: DWC

NicPaus

Reaction score
Friend has a walk thru 25 Howard Bullet. It eats up the chop for its size. Hard to find used. If you can afford order a new one with a Merc 565.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Well, I know that the Lavey Craft 24 NuEra has been raced in the offshore circuit since you mentioned that rough water ride is important. Fastest 24 NuEra walk-through that I know of had an Ilmor 710 and ran in the mid-high 90 mph range. For your 70+ mph criteria that can be done with the base model 8.2L and the 8.2L HO will be 75+ mph.

24 NuEra MCOB, racing in the Pacific
C117D26F-9A92-4FD0-9911-0615AD85B31F.jpeg

Nordic also builds a great boat!

Last edited:

C08H18

Reaction score
If you can afford 2-3 more feet, the Howard 28 Bullet, Nordic 28 Heat, and Lavey 29 handle open water much better, all are configured as single motors.

Kevin93

Reaction score
Good suggestions, thanks all. From what I've read the Shockwave sounds like a great hull for chop, but as much as I like function over form I can't get there with the cabin layout. I'll do more reading on the Howard, good looking boat!

Awesome pic, Lavey Jr!

rvrrun

Reaction score
Good suggestions, thanks all. From what I've read the Shockwave sounds like a great hull for chop, but as much as I like function over form I can't get there with the cabin layout. I'll do more reading on the Howard, good looking boat!

Awesome pic, Lavey Jr!
The tremor is available closed bow, mcob or wtob. I wanted a mcob, of all the boats we looked at the tremor had the easiest mid to get through.

NicPaus

Reaction score
The Lavey 24 will be easier to find used than a 25 Bullet. My Buddy had the first 24 made I think up until last year he sold and went with a bigger Lavey. Solid boats for sure and can't go wrong building a new Lavey.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I have a Nordic Rage wtob with a Merc 520. It's a 80+ mph boat with a 28 prop and light load. I switched to a 26 prop and it runs 74 with a full load in the heat of summer in Havasu. The Rage handles rough water really well and the build quality and features are second to none.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Salt or fresh water? Lavey recently rigger a 2750 with twin outboards. If i were running in salt thats the setup i would go for. 24 with a single 400 or 27 with dual 300r's maybe 450's after this week...

EBT531

Reaction score
I have a lavey 29 and the quality is the best I've owned esp for a 17yr old boat. Took it out on pleasant on a busy sunday and the chop did nothing to upset the ride. My buddy even commented that he never understood why people bought such long boats until he rode in this one.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Essex Valor 24’ is a really solid boat. Not sure if the performance is what you are looking for but the usable space is superior to the others mentioned.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post. I'm from New Jersey and interested in buying a new walk-through performance boat. These are rare at best around here (as are sub-30' go-fasts in general save closed-bow Donzis), so I was excited to find some really cool brands out West.

I'm looking for something that ideally will do 70+, but build quality and ride quality in moderate-rough water are more important to me than outright speed. I want it to be able to move, but its main duty will be for family rides. This will be my first new purchase, coming off a hand-me-down bowrider.

I love the size and looks of the Nordic 22 Evo, but at 18* deadrise it looks like it might beat you up in the chop, which seemed supported from a few posts.

Two other boats that look especially good are the Lavey Craft 24 Nuera and the Nordic 25 Rage. I've been doing a lot of reading on the forum and haven't come across any direct comparisons. The Lavey is a bit more stretched (actually longer, with narrower beam), and they have the same deadrise although it looks (?) like the Rage rides on a pad more than coming to a vee.

Has anyone been on these, or is there a general preference for one or the other? They seem to both have a good rep, but does one have better build quality?

Thanks!
Lavey was running a special a while back for a new 24 NuEra with 8.2 for like $75k-ish..? Might have been a year or so ago, so not sure if that price is still valid.

Boostpower also just bought a 24 Lavey hull and is rigging it right now. Not sure what power.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Lavey 24 NuEra, their 26 or 2750 all great boats. 24's are pretty affordable and definitely handle real water.

Albert

Reaction score
Im on my second 24 Lavey no complaints. Build quality is superb I don't think you would disappointed . The one I have now is older than the one I had. But the quality is the same

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Lavey was running a special a while back for a new 24 NuEra with 8.2 for like $75k-ish..? Might have been a year or so ago, so not sure if that price is still valid.

Boostpower also just bought a 24 Lavey hull and is rigging it right now. Not sure what power.
I can't wait to see what Boostpower comes up with. I'm guessing it's way beyond that 710 mentioned above.

Kevin93

Reaction score
If you can afford 2-3 more feet, the Howard 28 Bullet, Nordic 28 Heat, and Lavey 29 handle open water much better, all are configured as single motors.

25' is my cutoff. Funny, full circle. I originally wanted a used closed-deck Donzi 28ZX or Formula 292, and in searching in that size range found these brands. My dad convinced me they would be too big for NJ's (awesome) intracoastal waterway and for pulling the kids tubing/skiing. I'm trying to find a boat that can pull double duty, small enough to for inshore family rides but big enough to be competent in the ocean. Thanks for the replies all.

Kevin93

Reaction score
That checks all the boxes and it sounds like the seller wants out quick.

Yeah, great looking boat. Unless my current boat doesn't make it through the season I don't want to pull the trigger on an order till the end of the year. Doing my homework now to be ready.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I took our Nordic Rage to Catalina Island this past Saturday. We have owned it for 5 and a half years and it was my first time running it in the Pacific. I learned a lot about it's capabilities and its shortfalls in bigger water.

Kevin93

Reaction score
Lavey was running a special a while back for a new 24 NuEra with 8.2 for like $75k-ish..? Might have been a year or so ago, so not sure if that price is still valid

That brings up another question - how real are quoted prices vs signaling? Is there material negotiating room in this market?

Not sure whether a function of brands or geography etc, but talking to some dealers here there’s a good 15-20% gap to MSRP. Formula takes the mark-it-up-to-Mark-it-down approach and even shows 20% in website, and a dealer for another big name make said, unprompted, that MSRP doesn’t mean much and to start at 15% off.

I don’t get the impression there’s that level of play here but can’t imagine it’s fixed either. Any guidance would be appreciated.

H2O

Reaction score
That brings up another question - how real are quoted prices vs signaling? Is there material negotiating room in this market?

Not sure whether a function of brands or geography etc, but talking to some dealers here there’s a good 15-20% gap to MSRP. Formula takes the mark-it-up-to-Mark-it-down approach and even shows 20% in website, and a dealer for another big name make said, unprompted, that MSRP doesn’t mean much and to start at 15% off.

I don’t get the impression there’s that level of play here but can’t imagine it’s fixed either. Any guidance would be appreciated.

If you build a new Nordic, Laveycraft, Howard or Shockwave you will be purchasing directly from the factory. No middle man mark-up.

H2O

Reaction score
I too was looking for a lake boat that could venture into the ocean on calm days, so I have been cross-shopping used Nordic Rage, Laveycraft 24 & Shockwave Tremors. The used market is red-hot out here, and its slim pickens, but that is the subject of another thread.

First off, I haven't spoken with a Nordic, Laveycraft, Shockwave or Howard owner that was unhappy with their purchase. (I'm sure there out there, I just haven't met them.) They are all high quality compared to production boats, especially older East Coast Boats.

Here are a few of the difference I picked-up on, which may or may not help:

Nordic Rage - Is 24'-8" including the molded in swim step. It has a 22 degree hull with a delta pad. Being the only one with a pad, they are usually the fastest with same power, less chiny at high speed, and there are several 90 mph Rage's running around out here. (the trade off with most any pad boat is a slight decrease in rough water ride) The new Nordics are all composite construction with a fiberglass inner-linear and choice of snap in carpet or Seadeck. I believe it is the only West Coast walk through open bow that has a windshield. The height of the windshield can be extended with clamp on Windaways deflectors. Nordic will also build a folding walk-through door with windshield extension. With the folding door in place and the bow cover on, you essentially have a closed bow on rainy-windy days. (West Coast guys forget in rains in the summer back East!) Nordic offers a huge bolt-on swim platform which is great for watersports (it matches and extends the molded-in platform). One of the only complaints you hear about the Rage is lack of back seat leg room.

LaveyCraft 24 Nu Era - Is a true 24' boat, since Lavey doesn't include the molded-in swim platform in their lengths. So it runs bigger most 24' production boats. It has a multi-stepped hull with a 24 degree deadrise. Everyone agrees Lavey's are top tier build quality and due very well in rough water for their size. Due to the (stepped) hull design they are faster than East Coast 24 degree straight Vees (i.e. baja outlaw). If you do a lot of ocean boating, you might also consider the Lavey 26. If you want any wind protection (again, more of an East Coast thing) you will need to install a set of deflectors. As far as i know, the Laveys all still have glue in carpet?? (Lavey Jr?)

Shockwave Tremor - Is a true 25' boat, plus the bolt on swim platform. It has a 24 degree deadrise hull with a single step. As the longest and heaviest boat, it arguably does the best in the rough, but still small enough for most watersports...though it will heel over slightly in turns, like any 24 deg hull. All Tremors come with trim tabs from the factory. Having experienced East Coast deep vees of similar size, i was very impressed how easily the Terror popped up on plane and how maneuverable it is. At first I was prepared not to like the "old school" bolt on swim platform, but being so low to the water I found it extremely functional. The low platform also lowers the thru hull exhaust, so the boat is not loud if you have to do a lot of idling or no wake zones. There is a second fiberglass step above the bolt on platform and behind the sun pad, which you can sit on with wet bathing suits (without being on the upholstery) or step on from the dock (without stepping on the upholstery). The Tremor has the option of a fiberglass inter-liner (vs glue in carpet), although I haven't seen many done that way. If you want any wind protection you will need to install a set of deflectors.
FWIW - If you spend a lot of time on the ocean you may want to get a ride on the MCOB Tremor before you decide. The fairing on the mid cabin is much higher than the walk-though version, and at 6'2" I had no problem passing quickly through the mid-cabin. Snap on a bow cover and you have a pseudo closed bow on rough days.

Hope that helps. Except for the fact that everyone is so busy, you will really enjoy the one on one buying experience with the West Coast builders.

Last edited:

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Can’t stress that enough like @H2O said, you’re not dealing with a dealer or any of that nonsense. You’re talking directly to the builder with the west coast guys. Hell Chris at lavey will be doing 1/2 the work building your boat haha. He’s a very hands on guy.

There’s also not a 1 page sheet of available “options”....you can have it built with whatever equipment, colors, graphics, function you want. Possibilities are endless.

USMC2010

Reaction score
H2O's rage description was really good but it is 24'7" in length. Sorry, had to pull than inch, LOL. Now to the deadrise and pad, we love our boat and it handles very well and will take anything Lake Havasu has thrown at us. It is also very quick with a 496mag ho, my best is 73 on gps. I haven't rode in any others to be able to speak of their ride. In keeping with what you are looking for here is a profile pic of our Rage on trailer. As you can see, taking the pad and the cut in on the back in consideration, it is a smaller 25 than other types referenced above. You would not be disappointed with a Rage but I'm slightly biased. I'm still contemplating a write up of my weekend offshore. If I post it I will be more detailed.
IMG_20190614_093224.jpg

lavey jr

Reaction score
I too was looking for a lake boat that could venture into the ocean on calm days, so I have been cross-shopping used Nordic Rage, Laveycraft 24 & Shockwave Tremors. The used market is red-hot out here, and its slim pickens, but that is the subject of another thread.

First off, I haven't spoken with a Nordic, Laveycraft, Shockwave or Howard owner that was unhappy with their purchase. (I'm sure there out there, I just haven't met them.) They are all high quality compared to production boats, especially older East Coast Boats.

Nordic Rage - Is 24'-8" including the molded in swim step. It has a 22 degree hull with a delta pad. Being the only one with a pad, they are usually the fastest with same power, less chiny at high speed, and there are several 90 mph Rage's running around out here. (the trade off with most any pad boat is a slight decrease in rough water ride) The new Nordics are all composite construction with a fiberglass inner-linear and choice of snap in carpet or Seadeck. I believe it is the only West Coast walk through open bow that has a windshield. The height of the windshield can be extended with clamp on Windaways deflectors. Nordic will also build a folding walk-through door with windshield extension. With the folding door in place and the bow cover on, you essentially have a closed bow on rainy-windy days. (West Coast guys forget in rains in the summer back East!) Nordic offers a huge bolt-on swim platform which is great for watersports (it matches and extends the molded-in platform). One of the only complaints you hear about the Rage is lack of back seat leg room.

LaveyCraft 24 Nu Era - Is a true 24' boat, since Lavey doesn't include the molded-in swim platform in their lengths. So it runs bigger most 24' production boats. It has a multi-stepped hull with a 24 degree deadrise. Everyone agrees Lavey's are top tier build quality and due very well in rough water for their size. Due to the (stepped) hull design they are faster than East Coast 24 degree straight Vees (i.e. baja outlaw). If you do a lot of ocean boating, you might also consider the Lavey 26. If you want any wind protection (again, more of an East Coast thing) you will need to install a set of deflectors. As far as i know, the Laveys all still have glue in carpet?? (Lavey Jr?)

Shockwave Tremor - Is a true 25' boat, plus the bolt on swim platform. It has a 24 degree deadrise hull with a single step. As the longest and heaviest boat, it arguably does the best in the rough, but still small enough for most watersports...though it will heel over slightly in turns, like any 24 deg hull. All Tremors come with trim tabs from the factory. Having experienced East Coast deep vees of similar size, i was very impressed how easily the Terror popped up on plane and how maneuverable it is. At first I was prepared not to like the "old school" bolt on swim platform, but being so low to the water I found it extremely functional. The low platform also lowers the thru hull exhaust, so the boat is not loud if you have to do a lot of idling or no wake zones. There is a second fiberglass step above the bolt on platform and behind the sun pad, which you can sit on with wet bathing suits (without being on the upholstery) or step on from the dock (without stepping on the upholstery). The Tremor has the option of a fiberglass inter-liner (vs glue in carpet), although I haven't seen many done that way. If you want any wind protection you will need to install a set of deflectors.
FWIW - If you spend a lot of time on the ocean you may want to get a ride on the MCOB Tremor before you decide. The fairing on the mid cabin is much higher than the walk-though version, and at 6'2" I had no problem passing quickly through the mid-cabin. Snap on a bow cover and you have a pseudo closed bow on rough days.

Hope that helps. Except for the fact that everyone is so busy, you will really enjoy the one on one buying experience with the West Coast builders.

Yes, on standard builds it is glue down carpet. Lavey has built their 24 NuEra with the fiberglass liner that came off the 2750 NuEra mold. They’ve also built other boats that had zero carpet in replacement of all fiberglass due to the boats being in constant wet weather environments i.e. rain storms, humidity, etc... Lavey also has installed wind shields on many different models of that is something you need. And yes if you plan on doing more ocean running then the 26 would be a better choice due to obvious reasons of bigger size.

All other points you’ve made on the other boats seem to be pretty spot on.

26 NuEra MCOB racing the Pacific
D86752E8-D942-48A4-823C-ACAC766CD1A1.jpeg

24 NuEra walk through windshield
E9039776-66A6-41D6-BDAC-C8B4EE4AD2C4.jpeg

2750 NuEra MCOB windshield
ADF8CAAE-36B0-4547-8312-996ABA7CD401.jpeg

rvrrun

Reaction score

That's a perfect description of the tremor.

Damnit! Now I don't want to sell mine.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I know the Lavey's a belly tank - but do the others have single belly or dual side tanks and how big?
UD

USMC2010

Reaction score
Older Rages like mine have twin 27 gallon side tanks.

USMC2010

Reaction score
What was your synopsis of running in the ocean with the rage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll start by saying it was my first time out there so that does have some impact, I say some. I have 300 hours on it in 5.5 years so I do know the boat. I just couldn't get up to any tolerable speed so between getting left in the back, dealing with the left over chop from everyone else and then the wave sets themselves the ride out just plain sucked. The trip back was work but I actually found it more enjoyable even though the swells were bigger than expected. I've got some great splashdowns on video I'm still editing. I've been in rough on the lake with zero issues but it is not comparable. The Rage is a very capable boat and maybe if we were closer and I did it more that could change over time but given everything I put it through I just don't think it will see salt again.

XX14

Reaction score
I also have a Rage 2005. I'll be selling it next year to move up to a larger boat because I want to go to bigger lakes and overnight. The Rage is a fantastic boat for its intended purpose. That purpose is not big water or even Havasu on a rough day. You'll get through bigger water safely but you'll be going slow and it will be a rough ride. My boat will also go in excess of 70 with the 425 HO on a light load. I pull skiers, wake boards, and tubes. The boat has fantastic manners around a dock. Mine is a MCOB. When I sell my boat someone is going to get a great well maintained boat but I'll be right up front about its shortfalls.... storage, and a rough ride in bigger water. Please make sure you water test whatever you buy in the conditions you expect 90% of the time. Good luck.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
I also have a Rage 2005. I'll be selling it next year to move up to a larger boat because I want to go to bigger lakes and overnight. The Rage is a fantastic boat for its intended purpose. That purpose is not big water or even Havasu on a rough day. You'll get through bigger water safely but you'll be going slow and it will be a rough ride. My boat will also go in excess of 70 with the 425 HO on a light load. I pull skiers, wake boards, and tubes. The boat has fantastic manners around a dock. Mine is a MCOB. When I sell my boat someone is going to get a great well maintained boat but I'll be right up front about its shortfalls.... storage, and a rough ride in bigger water. Please make sure you water test whatever you buy in the conditions you expect 90% of the time. Good luck.
Won't ever happen. Water test will be on a good to moderate day. Most anything under 25 ft will be a little rougher ride on blown out days. Some people think 30 ft boats ride rough. That's why they own 40's. All perspective.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Not to change the subject but I think that was the new 40' Hallet leaving the ramp on Saturday around 5:15 pm sure was pretty!!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Not to change the subject but I think that was the new 40' Hallet leaving the ramp on Saturday around 5:15 pm sure was pretty!!
Went out with them Sunday. Boat is bitchin. So nice all around. They had it slipped so that was probably JP's boat.

Kevin93

Reaction score
Thanks for all the perspective, and great write ups H20 and USMC2010. USMC2010, beautiful boat.

Kevin93

Reaction score
Another question - are any of the three referenced above (24 Nuera, Tremor, Rage) especially prone to chine walking, deceleration reactions, feeling loose at 70+, etc? Are tabs highly recommended on any? I'd likely be looking at the 8.2HO so probably 70-75 top end depending on the model.

Thanks again!

USMC2010

Reaction score
496 mag ho, bravo 1 26 pitch prop, 73 gps. 24 pitch 71 gps. I don't have tabs, it chine walked on me once above 70 but that was in my first month of owning, it hasn't ever since so I blame me for it. No negative deceleration issues. Our Rage has a pad so that does affect how it feels compared to a full v.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
I have a Nordic Rage wtob with a Merc 520. It's a 80+ mph boat with a 28 prop and light load. I switched to a 26 prop and it runs 74 with a full load in the heat of summer in Havasu. The Rage handles rough water really well and the build quality and features are second to none.
Curious, what rpm are you hitting when you are doing 80+ with a 28p?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Curious, what rpm are you hitting when you are doing 80+ with a 28p?

Close to redline, I would say around 5,000. I only ran the boat with the 28p one weekend when I got it. I had Nordic put a 26p on it after the first weekend. The 26p is a much better all around prop for us and how we use the boat.

H2O

Reaction score
Another question - are any of the three referenced above (24 Nuera, Tremor, Rage) especially prone to chine walking, deceleration reactions, feeling loose at 70+, etc? Are tabs highly recommended on any? I'd likely be looking at the 8.2HO so probably 70-75 top end depending on the model.

Thanks again!

All three have proven hull designs that have been around almost 20 years, so you aren't going to find any nasty habits with any of them.

The Rage has the shallowest vee and a pad hull, so it will most likely be the least "chiney" of the 3. As mentioned before there are several 90 mph hour Rages running around, and no problems with stability on the right water. Nordic told me they rarely install trim tabs on Rages at the factory, and most used Rages don't have them either.

The Lavey has a deeper vee and no pad so theoretically it would be more susceptible to chine walk...however, this hull has a history of running at high speeds. @lavey jr can chime in, but there was an owner of a 24 NuEra with an Ilmor engine running in the upper 80's. He said he felt totally comfortable steering with one hand at those speeds, but I don't know if he he experienced any chining on the way to the top end.

Greg at Shockwave told me the Tremor will chine walk if you try and trim out to far at speed. I believe all Tremors that leave the factory are equipped with trim tabs (unless customer says no) However, it doesn't seem like the Tremor needs a lot of trim to run well. The hull has full length strakes that provide a lot of lift, and I have personally run a Tremor into the mid-upper 60's with zero chine walk. Greg also said you can run a Tremor with a 525 close to 80 mph with no chine walk, as long as you don't trim too far.

I think you will like the performance and handling of all of three, compared to a something with straight 24 degree vee (say a Baja Outlaw 25, etc) A 25 Outlaw is going to ride much better in the rough that the Rage (due to being longer, heavier, deeper) for example, but the Rage will pop up on plane and be much nimbler for water sports.

You mentioned "moderately rough water" in your first post, so IMHO trims tabs would be a must have on all 3, and would also come in handy for tow sports.

Last edited:

lavey jr

Reaction score
All three have proven hull designs that have been around almost 20 years, so you aren't going to find any nasty habits on any of them.

The Rage has the shallowest vee and a small pad, so it will most likely be the least "chiney" of the 3. As mentioned before there are several 90 mph hour Rages running around, and no problems with stability on the right water. Nordic told me they rarely install trim tabs on Rages leaves the factory, and most used Rages you see advertised don't have them either.

The Lavey has a deeper vee and no pad so theoretically it would be more susceptible to chine walk...however, this hull has a history of these hull running at high speeds. @lavey jr can chime in, but there was an owner of a 24 NuEra with an Ilmor engine into the upper 80's. H said he felt totally comfortable steering with one hand at those speeds, but I don't know if he he experienced any chining on the way to the top end.

Greg at Shockwave told me the Tremor will chine walk if you try and trim out to far at the top end. All of the Tremors that leave the factory are equipped with trim tabs (unless customer says no) However, it doesn't appear this hull needs a lot of trim to run well. The hull has full length strakes that offer a lot of lift, and I have personally run a Tremor into the mid-upper 60's with zero chine walk. Greg also said you can run a Tremor with a 525 close to 80 mph with no chine walk, as long as you don't trim out too much.

I think you will like the performance and handling of all of 3 compared to a something with straight 24 degree vee (say on Baja Outlaw 25, etc) A 25 Outlaw is going to ride MUCH better in the rough that the Rage, for example, but the Rage will pop up on plane and be much nimbler for tow sports,

You mentioned "moderately rough water" in your first post, so IMHO trims tabs would be a much have on all 3, and would also come in handy for tow sports.

The last time I drove a Lavey 24 NuEra was last year September. It had a standard Mercury 496 with no tabs and no hydraulic steering. The test run was done on glass calm water and I ran it up to 70 and had no issues at all with chine walking.

Me personally, if I was running that boat 75mph+ I would have tabs on it. Not necessarily because the boat needs them but because you never know when you might need them to help balance the boat due to water conditions or the load in the boat. The tabs also will help a lot of you plan on doing any type of towing water sports. I would also have hydraulic steering due to ease of driving and safety at speed.

The above mentioned 24 NuEra that had the Ilmor setup was; walk through open bow, Ilmor 710, Imco gimbal with SC outdrive, Eddie Marine tabs. That boat ran a best of 97mph low on fuel only the driver and perfect conditions. All other times when normally loaded up ran a solid 93mph and the customer said it handled the speed with no issues.