WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Opinions on Eastvale (Corona,CA)

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I know there are some people from here that live in Eastvale and I would like to know your opinion on living out there. Is it worth the traffic,
(we go to Chino and Placentia alot)? I know the wind is bad. What about crime? I had a friend that lived there and said don't move there because of crime and the rise of " a bad element ", but other friends love it. We are looking at houses off of south of Limonite, east of Archibald, and north of Schliessman(our price range).

Thoughts, opinions, rants...

Thanks

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
i have lived there for the past 3-4 years. as of right now, eastvale is an unincorporated section of riverside county. the hiring of officers is taking time but is happening as there are more patrol cars that are strictly just for eastvale. i happen to live right by there right of off harrison and limonite. in my opinion, it is a great place to live and raise a family. i plan on being here for a long while. are you looking at the homes right by the wash on schliesman/pine?

just remember that every city has it's bad parts, no matter where it is.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I understand about the police. I just wanted opinions from other people that live there. We saw ahouse yesterday on Woodlands and there is one on Mulan, up off 65th and Harrison.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply! I understand about the police. I just wanted opinions from other people that live there. We saw ahouse yesterday on Woodlands and there is one on Mulan, up off 65th and Harrison.

very nice homes. aren't they the steeplechase homes? as far as things that i have seen, well, my friend had his diesel fuel stolen late at night. he was pretty pissed considering he just filled up before he got home:swear

the wind can get brutal sometimes but the calm days far outweigh the windy ones. it is very quiet also. like i said, great place to live in my opinion. i have no plans of moving regardless of the market situation.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I have a few friends that live out that way. They all seem to like it alot. all of them have kids. they say that you always run into people you know at the grocery store and local shopping centers. from what I hear the local little league fields are the happening place to be, good sense of community. there was a full blown marijuana grow house in one of my friends neighborhoods. It was there since the houses were first built. My friend said that he had no clue until it got raided. the other thing is there seem to be quite a few houses fro sale around there neighborhoods every time I go to visit. The flies suck and its gonna take a while for that issue to clear up.

boatnam2

Reaction score
remember they have the 1.77 tax rate which can be huge we have the same thing on the hill in norco.About 12k a year.You can get a 1/2 acre horse property home for under 500k in my hood which is crazy.

D

Deleted Account

remember they have the 1.77 tax rate which can be huge we have the same thing on the hill in norco.About 12k a year.You can get a 1/2 acre horse property home for under 500k in my hood which is crazy.

There you go...

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

that is absolutely true. one thing you need to think of is that you would be buying a brand new home. i bought mine brand new and watched it be built. something really cool about that.

if you want the land, boatnam2 has a great point and there are great homes in norco. think about what you really want out of your home.

boatnam2

Reaction score
we have looked at alot of homes in the last few weeks, never even considered eastvale although i know there is deals there im done paying twice as much taxes as everyone else.I can go 2 blocks from were i live now and save 600 a month on taxes so i been looking in the hidden valley area for a 10 year old home.If your looking to buy new eastvale may be ok the builders are working hard co-worker just bought a huge new home for 400k but will be stuck with the extra tax but is ok with it.landscape is very exspensive now im over the start from scratch dealio give me something turn key ready to go.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
we have looked at alot of homes in the last few weeks, never even considered eastvale although i know there is deals there im done paying twice as much taxes as everyone else.I can go 2 blocks from were i live now and save 600 a month on taxes so i been looking in the hidden valley area for a 10 year old home.If your looking to buy new eastvale may be ok the builders are working hard co-worker just bought a huge new home for 400k but will be stuck with the extra tax but is ok with it.landscape is very exspensive now im over the start from scratch dealio give me something turn key ready to go.

the way the market is right now, the builders are throwing tremendous upgrades just to buy the darn thing. everything that a lot of us want to do to our homes, are already included in the sale price. i have heard of builders so desperate, that they are adding pools to the mix.

boatnam2

Reaction score
the way the market is right now, the builders are throwing tremendous upgrades just to buy the darn thing. everything that a lot of us want to do to our homes, are already included in the sale price. i have heard of builders so desperate, that they are adding pools to the mix.

I bet they are...sorry about the boat pic's last night i got called again tonite so i will work on it.:D

foxfam312

Let it Develop
Reaction score
I am a operating engineer.I did alot grading over in that area, make sure were you are going to buy was not an old dairy, you would not believe some of the stuff we buried, not healthy. I remember when I would be at work I would say to my self I would never buy a house here.:confused:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
If you don't mind the smell of cow shit..........go for it. Funny, when peeps give you shit for living in Corona, I think this is the area they get all the stereotypes from. Don't me wrong, some nice homes and neighborhoods over there. Probably because the are all NEW. I did not even bother looking over there when we decided to move to Corona. Stay South of the 91 IMO. Been over here for 3 years and love it. Every city will have it's shady parts. You just need to scout around when looking.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score

Don't be enticed by NEW construction. I personally wouldn't have to have a new home per say. It's all about the neighborhood and it's surroundings. Our home is 20ish years old, but I think it's located just in the right spot.

boatnam2

Reaction score
oh believe me im not, if i move im going to a used turn key home.We lived just were the river crosses river road and watched all of eastvale being built it was all dairy's and i liked it like that.big problem living there was all the new traffic coming through sucked big time.I love were i live now dead end half acre view but due to some things may have to downsize.

Reaction score
I have lived in Eastvale for about 3 1/2 years now...bought my home new from Ryland (65th and Harrison).
Yes, the tax rate does kind of suck...but I guess if you have kids (unlike me) who use the parks and schools that are all brand new it might seem alright.
As far as crime goes, I have not heard about anything in my direct vicinity. From what I have read in the community newsletter, the bulk of the crime occurs in the older KB homes (Cloverdale Farm development) around 65th and Hamner.
I would not recommend buying brand new, but rather to buy one a few years old that someone has already worked the bugs out. Yes, everyone in my neighborhood (myself included) were constantly bitching at the builder to fix things (i.e. shitty interior paint jobs, electrical problems, etc.)

There are definitely some killer deals around here too if you do your homework!!!
Well, feel free to hit me up with any specific questions.
Alan

boatnam2

Reaction score
I have lived in Eastvale for about 3 1/2 years now...bought my home new from Ryland (65th and Harrison).
Yes, the tax rate does kind of suck...but I guess if you have kids (unlike me) who use the parks and schools that are all brand new it might seem alright.
As far as crime goes, I have not heard about anything in my direct vicinity. From what I have read in the community newsletter, the bulk of the crime occurs in the older KB homes (Cloverdale Farm development) around 65th and Hamner.
I would not recommend buying brand new, but rather to buy one a few years old that someone has already worked the bugs out. Yes, everyone in my neighborhood (myself included) were constantly bitching at the builder to fix things (i.e. shitty interior paint jobs, electrical problems, etc.)

There are definitely some killer deals around here too if you do your homework!!!
Well, feel free to hit me up with any specific questions.
Alan

Our home was a ryland they suck ass.Yea the new schools over there are nice.

Reaction score
Our home was a ryland they suck ass.Yea the new schools over there are nice.

Yeah, I have not been overly impressed with my house, but then again when you throw a house up as quick as all of the builders have been doing in this area you are bound to sacrifice quality.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score
bottom line is do what you think you will like. i don't even smell the cow shit anymore. when some of my friends come over, they sometimes say that it stinks. i don't smell anything.

i would buy another new home in heartbeat. i loved watching it be built week after week. took pictures of the progress. something about having it new.

there were a few times that i needed to get ahold of the builder to fix something, but that is expected. and they came and fixed whatever i needed. hope this helps

Reaction score
TrollerDave-

FYI, my brother (IvanDan here on the boards) is a realtor who specializes in this area. He has helped several people on the various forums (Hot Boat, Glamis Dunes, etc.) that I'm sure will give him a great recommendation, if you are in need of a very experienced/qualified agent to help you find what you're looking for.
Feel free to hit him up on here or give him a call @ 714-746-4496 (Dan).

Let me know if you have any questions too.

Take care,
Alan

Rising Sun

Reaction score
I have lived in the Eastvale area for about 4 yrs now. My house borders Harada Park. It is relatively quiet here, even with the high school down the street from us. I don't regret a day that I have lived here. I am also amazed at the number of boaters that live in this area.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I'm glad to hear that everyone seems to like it.
We are trying to figure out if Eastvale would be an option to consider. We live in Chino, the majority of friends and family are in Chino/Chino Hills and Placentia, so we are out this way ALOT. I know Eastvale is only an extra 15 min out or so, but it can be along 15 min with 2 cranky babies when your stuck in traffic on Archibald.

What are thoughts about post #12(stuff buried under the dairies)?

boatnam2

Reaction score
We are trying to figure out if Eastvale would be an option to consider. We live in Chino, the majority of friends and family are in Chino/Chino Hills and Placentia, so we are out this way ALOT. I know Eastvale is only an extra 15 min out or so, but it can be along 15 min with 2 cranky babies when your stuck in traffic on Archibald.

I heard of problems with the first few tracks 5 or so years ago but nothing much since.

HavasuHank

"B" team gardener
Reaction score

there are a bunch of shortcuts to take. archibald is being widened so the traffic will die down eventually.

as far as post #12, just remember that most of chino used to be dairylands as well. so were you live right now, about 30-40 years ago, there were probably cows there. i wouldn't sweat it.

26LAVEY525

Reaction score
My wife was raised over there off of Limonite, and my mother-inlaw still lives there the traffic getting off at Limonite is horrible.

catman-do

Winter sux, lets golf!
Reaction score
My wife and i were looking into moving down there. We have two friends there. They dont have any problems with crime, although they do say there are a TON of spanish only speakers down there which bothers them. Also, many of the houses will have 5-6 bedrooms. When you couple that up with low prices, you usually will get renters or joint tenancy. I wouldnt want to live next door to someone that has 8 people in a house and 4 of their cars are parked in front of mine. Another thing you may want to look for their is the area in which its built on top of. Some of the tracks had to put in methane barriers to protect the soil from all the cow pee that has saturated the ground. KB was in a huge lawsuit several years back due to not going deep enough and replacing enough soil. Kids were getting sick. If you have the cash, look in chino hills. Sure its a smaller house, but you will gain much more investment off it in the long run. You pay those high taxes and get no return off them. I would rather pay a higher mtg and get some sort of return.

BrianB

Reaction score
A good idea for all of us to gather at Hard Hat's for an RDP board meeting