WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Opportunity for a Union Golden Age?

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
I'm not your boy.

You check what you want. Actually, let me know when you want to call a bunch of union dudes leftists and I will set it up. Can't wait cupcake

Say when. That’s a pathetic way to admit defeat, boy. Listen to your liberal Chinese funded union rep, and cash those checks while they last. Call all your circle jerk buddies up, let’s party

HBCraig

Reaction score
Say when. That’s a pathetic way to admit defeat, boy. Listen to your liberal Chinese funded union rep, and cash those checks while they last. Call all your circle jerk buddies up, let’s party
You're a clown that has exposed himself as ignorant and uneducated

No clue.

No chance on having a rational conversation with you as you obviously don't know. Crawl.back into your trolling whole

You wouldn't say any of this on a big union job regardless of what you say.

Bugginout

Reaction score

No clue.

No chance on having a rational conversation with you as you obviously don't know. Crawl.back into your trolling whole

Don't bite bro. We are all at the river with union stickers in our windows. Never had one person walk up and call us sheep, commies or anything else stupid and derogatory. Most of us at the river and on this site are just hard working folks. Enjoy your night.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score

No clue.

Call up your goons, tell em some asshole in the IE is talking shit. Invite me to the job site or pull up. Call my bluff. Fuck all unions. You liked those black panther fists your local 3 supports? I’m sure you love Kamala 💝

HBCraig

Reaction score
Call up your goons, tell em some asshole in the IE is talking shit. Invite me to the job site or pull up. Call my bluff. Fuck all unions. You liked those black panther fists your local 3 supports? I’m sure you love Kamala 💝

Don't bite bro. We are all at the river with union stickers in our windows. Never had one person walk up and call us sheep, commies or anything else stupid and derogatory. Most of us at the river and on this site are just hard working folks. Enjoy your nigh

Don't bite bro. We are all at the river with union stickers in our windows. Never had one person walk up and call us sheep, commies or anything else stupid and derogatory. Most of us at the river and on this site are just hard working folks. Enjoy your night.
@VooDooChildZ28 did . Call this tough guy.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wow, some people don't know shit from shinola do they?
You can tell some people have never been on some types of jobs based on their demeanor, their eloquence...or lack there of.
Some here may understand that even a non-union shop can get prevailing wage jobs. All the shop has to do is win the bid, and fulfill the contract as required.
Non-union shops can get the same insurance requirements and bonds needed. It's usually a matter of assembling a sizable labor pool of qualified workers capable of completing the job within the required parameters. Of course, those workers will be paid said wages.
The money is good, for the owners and the workers...but the headaches for the owners are exponentially greater.

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score
Wow, some people don't know shit from shinola do they?
You can tell some people have never been on some types of jobs based on their demeanor, their eloquence...or lack there of.
Some here may understand that even a non-union shop can get prevailing wage jobs. All the shop has to do is win the bid, and fulfill the contract as required.
Non-union shops can get the same insurance requirements and bonds needed. It's usually a matter of assembling a sizable labor pool of qualified workers capable of completing the job within the required parameters. Of course, those workers will be paid said wages.
The money is good, for the owners and the workers...but the headaches for the owners are exponentially greater.
You love that Chinese joe Biden shit. Enjoy while it last, I’m sure your asshole is wide enough

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
You love that Chinese joe Biden shit. Enjoy while it last, I’m sure your asshole is wide enough
I've been trying to be polite, even trying to be sympathetic to those who may face some mental challenges...
but you sir, are a fuktard.

You are obviously a non-union worker. I can only assume not an owner of a large non-union shop. Even those with smaller non-union shops understand the concept of prevailing wage work... It is painfully obvious to some here that your experience in the trades has been limited by either age, skill or mental deficiency.

Bugginout

Reaction score
I've been trying to be polite, even trying to be sympathetic to those who may face some mental challenges...
but you sir, are a fuktard.

You are obviously a non-union worker. I can only assume not an owner of a large non-union shop. Even those with smaller non-union shops understand the concept of prevailing wage work... It is painfully obvious to some here that your experience in the trades has been limited by either age, skill or mental deficiency.
Hey buddy good morning. I think @VooDooChildZ28 just likes talking shit and getting a rise outa folks. He's probably been laughing his ass off the whole time. Most of the Berdoo boi's (Fontucky) are shit talkers by nature I think it's in the water. Will he fight someone? Probably without a doubt. I have IE stamped on my shoulders most of us will. Is he going to go to the river and outright disrespect one of us probably not. I wouldn't take it seriously. I doubt he is. It's the internet. Maybe I'm wrong I am an IBEW union wolf in sheep's clothing LMFAO.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Hey buddy good morning. I think @VooDooChildZ28 just likes talking shit and getting a rise outa folks. He's probably been laughing his ass off the whole time. Most of the Berdoo boi's (Fontucky) are shit talkers by nature I think it's in the water. Will he fight someone? Probably without a doubt. I have IE stamped on my shoulders most of us will. Is he going to go to the river and outright disrespect one of us probably not. I wouldn't take it seriously. I doubt he is. It's the internet. Maybe I'm wrong I am an IBEW union wolf in sheep's clothing LMFAO.
Like I said before, grew up union, did my thing non-union...both did well. Pops created a great life for me and my family, and I'm trying to do the same for my kids. I've had problems with desk pilots from the unions, but never members. Shit talking on a site is what made the days go by faster ;)

Kind of sad, I here from guys still in the trades that job sites aren't the same. I here tell the PC police are keeping jobs "civil".
I liked it when you could talk shit, near come to blows...and then have a few beers with the same crew.

Bugginout

Reaction score
Like I said before, grew up union, did my thing non-union...both did well. Pops created a great life for me and my family, and I'm trying to do the same for my kids. I've had problems with desk pilots from the unions, but never members. Shit talking on a site is what made the days go by faster ;)

Kind of sad, I here from guys still in the trades that job sites aren't the same. I here tell the PC police are keeping jobs "civil".
I liked it when you could talk shit, near come to blows...and then have a few beers with the same crew.
We still talk more shit than a Chinese radio lmao. It's still mostly a bunch of regular guys for the most part. I do get the hall called on me ALOT by sensitive folks but whatever.

riverroyal

Reaction score
nothing like another union vs non union thread....again. LOL
I will never understand why it gets under the skin of non union guys. Who Fucking cares if you are or aren't. Food on the table, happy family, toys, living in the most expensive state.
By the way union tradesmen are not better, its 2021 there are great skilled guys on both sides. If your good your good, how you get paid doesn't matter.
But, depending on where you live you will stay employed longer if your in a union. Such as, SF, NY. The union has the market share for certain trades. Socal it does not.

Yes unions back certain pollical sides. So do cops, fire, amazon, Dell, facebook, walmart, on an on.

For voodoo guy, YOU will be happy top know the unions lobbied to get the new SD airport terminal a union project. Billions of dollars. They were successful, this will employee 1000s of guys in SD which means the unions will be busy and IE will be wide open for the non union guys!

Wedgy

Reaction score
Thank you, I call it the 15-70-15 rule. 15 percent of my guys are born leaders, 70 percent are good guy's but need to be directed where to go and what to do, 15 percent are garbage and cancer and I get rid of them as quickly as possible. I worked non union 10 years before I became union. Best decision I have ever made. I also teach for our JATC. Gorilla backs and Narrow backs are some of the best guy's I know. Most of us are trying to change the face of the IBEW. Haven't met many sheep. We try to get the job done on time and under budget.
Union or non-union, doesn't really matter. The skills a worker has and their drive is what really matters I think. Pops was a union guy, 35 years. Was head BA at his local for a bit. Now, the fellow that has the same gig is full on "Workers' Party of Los Angeles"...even running for a city council seat I heard. The members of his own union are trying to vote him out now, as his politics are not really in line with the members. There are definitely those who aren't sheep, more eyes are opening.

As for union guys never talk down non-union guys...having myself been non-union, I'd hear it on occasion. Usually on jobs with other trades from union shops, or, not that this would ever happen 😏 , when a union guy would be scabbin' with us low lifes 😂

Don't matter who you work for, it matters if you do the job right. As long as that part is done, you get paid and there's food on the table.
The Good Old Days aside. LA Union could outproduce SD Union/Non union, by 33% Day in, day out. On the tools? 300 88's? 3 mud tubs a day? During 8 hours work, for 8 hours pay, there is precious little time to do other than your best, safely, to at least achieve, and possibly push to beyond the required production. BAC Code of Conduct. (Non Union example, Piecework. lol ) My career was cut short by 15 years, and 1.5 million $. My pensions still pay my house payment. Even with a 9 year beak in service, when Local 17 SD nuked themselves Circa 1986.

Concerning Teaching. Why is the IBEW the only Union that provides training to provide non union Journeyman Electricians a Certification? That alone I have found impressive from inception. This was when PLA's were in their infancy, changing certain SoCal Trades focus away from residential. That plus 2008. Yeah. SoCal Tradesmen? "Let's go Brandon!"

However. "Perfection is elusive, when you are working with an imperfect product." Art "Mac" McFaul. RIP

VooDooChildZ28

Reaction score

Nail on the head

Wedgy

Reaction score
nothing like another union vs non union thread....again. LOL
I will never understand why it gets under the skin of non union guys. Who Fucking cares if you are or aren't. Food on the table, happy family, toys, living in the most expensive state.
By the way union tradesmen are not better, its 2021 there are great skilled guys on both sides. If your good your good, how you get paid doesn't matter.
But, depending on where you live you will stay employed longer if your in a union. Such as, SF, NY. The union has the market share for certain trades. Socal it does not.

Yes unions back certain pollical sides. So do cops, fire, amazon, Dell, facebook, walmart, on an on.

For voodoo guy, YOU will be happy top know the unions lobbied to get the new SD airport terminal a union project. Billions of dollars. They were successful, this will employee 1000s of guys in SD which means the unions will be busy and IE will be wide open for the non union guys!
True, but it's also what you get paid. Ever seen a SD Non Union shop with a Pension plan?

Completely correct about those crack Non Union Tile Mechanics there in SD. One of the best graduated from my SD apprenticeship program, blew me into the tall weeds every damn day on the job, became the SD BA. 2000.

Got slow, went to work in SD, Non Union shop T4Tile. Piecework. The Old SD Guys complaining he was rocking the boat, with the Owner going WTF!! at his "Time card..." Adan, "Step up. Keep up, or GTFO of the way. I'm not slowing down." LMFAO.

Wedgy

Reaction score
With all the jab mandates starting to really come to a head, isn`t this the perfect opportunity for Unions to gain a much needed (if you believe in them) foothold here? Looks like the Chicago employee mandate goes in to effect this weekend and could turn into a real shitshow since half of the employees are refusing the jab. Why are the Unions not taking this opportunity to gain ground with the masses that are oblivious to Unions?

Seems to me the perfect opportunity to finally unchain themselves from the Democratic party and truly gain ground with the general public? Adapt or die...seems like a no-brainer to me?
Many SoCal Trade Unions are achieving this goal with PLA's, Project Labor Agreements. Commercial, Public Works, leaving most Residential off the Table. IMO. Newsome declared Construction Trades essential early on last year. Not a Vax problem then, but now? Too bad, IMO, that he was not recalled, and a Republican take his place. The SoCal Unions, and the Trade Organizations backed the madness. But I digress. Unions recruit all the time. Even the Scabs are fair game. As a Super, I'd advertise all the damn time, send them into the Hall. Used to be able to evaluate skill level, directly employ, not any more. Hmm. Was that all about control? I detect a story... :D

Reap what You sow, Representatives of Labor, Management. Rank and File? Follow "Unlawful mandates," at your own risk. Good Luck. Godspeed.

Last edited: