WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OPTIMA Battery Box / Wiring

DBO

Reaction score
Ok it’s time to put two new batteries in the Lavey. Picked up two new blue top Optima’s (yes I know oddessy is better) but had other expenses this year. So if ya have two new blue top optima’s you need the super cool blue billet battery box/ hold down from Eddie Marine to match your blue (Mercury 625 by Savage Marine) motor.
Here the tricky part, there’s multiple cables going to both batteries and cleaning up the wiring is not difficult but getting the correct ends on the cable that won’t touch the billet box is gunna be a trick ! Of both ends were to touch stir box at the same time we’ll leads just say that’s bad since the batteries are sitting just above the large fuel tank.
I post some before/ after pics along the way.

Attachments

• IMG_2180.jpeg
    IMG_2180.jpeg
    937.4 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2179.jpeg
    IMG_2179.jpeg
    988.4 KB · Views: 81

Backlash

Reaction score
No updates making me nervous over here. 😲🤣

How did it all turn out?

DBO

Reaction score
Morning,
All went well. I found some cable ends that fit the bill. The most difficult part of this was actually mounting the bases to the box I’m my particular boat. Room to get my hand or a wrench to hole the nuts on the bottom (hahahah) was limited.
I have orders the additional battery box cover or extra top to cover the terminals and wiring after looking at it just to be safe. I need to snap a couple pictures and post them but the swap came out clean and correct!

Backlash

Reaction score
Awesome glad to hear you didn't electrocute yourself! Every time I mess with my billet aluminum hold downs I get squeamish. 🤣

"Honey, this might be the day." 🤣

DBO

Reaction score
Waiting on parts...... hahahahah

DBO

Reaction score
Well it took a bit longer tracking everything down and making it right and cost more than expected (imagine that) but the kids on top of the wiring makes me a lot more comfortable plus it looks cool and that’s gotta be worth like another 10hp right!!

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    885.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2232.jpeg
    IMG_2232.jpeg
    918 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2236.jpeg
    IMG_2236.jpeg
    539.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2235.jpeg
    IMG_2235.jpeg
    523.5 KB · Views: 49

Backlash

Reaction score
That turned out great! I love the covers to not only keep one safe, it also hides the connections and cleans things up a bit. Nice job!! 👍

Reactions: DBO

DBO

Reaction score
It took more time than expected and not more money to be honest. I think by the time your done buying all the covers and batteries I have about 1k in the two batteries……
Well that’s boating I guess !
Appreciate the kind words! Headed out to the lake Saturday to enjoy my efforts! 😎

DLC

Reaction score
That looks great !

way bet than your old set up, you might be able to sell your old set up for a few bucks…

DBO

Reaction score
That’s actually not a bad idea! Batteries looked to be in hood shape just wanted to clean things up and know for certain what shape my batteries are in.

D