WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OSU, Michigan today..the only game that matters.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
My relatives on both sides of my parents families all live in Ohio. ALL of my Uncles, Grandfathers, Great Uncles, etc. LIVE for this annual rivalry. From ages 20-92, this is the ONLY game that matters to them!
Records, standings, NONE of that matters...not even sanctions like this year. Beating Michigan is THE ONLY reason to live.
They can't tell you one thing about the NFL, I think some don't even know if Ohio has an NFL team.

But this game and rivalry they can recite the records for decade after decade, play by play. It's crazy.:D

1) How do you get a Michigan alumni off your' porch?
"Pay him for the pizza!"

2) Two 6th graders, one from Ohio one from Michigan, who is bigger?
"The Michigan kid...he is 23 years old"

Feel free to add more....even from Michigan fans.:rolleyes

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
My relatives on both sides of my parents families all live in Ohio. ALL of my Uncles, Grandfathers, Great Uncles, etc. LIVE for this annual rivalry. From ages 20-92, this is the ONLY game that matters to them!
Records, standings, NONE of that matters...not even sanctions like this year. Beating Michigan is THE ONLY reason to live.
They can't tell you one thing about the NFL, I think some don't even know if Ohio has an NFL team.

But this game and rivalry they can recite the records for decade after decade, play by play. It's crazy.:D

1) How do you get a Michigan alumni off your' porch?
"Pay him for the pizza!"

2) Two 6th graders, one from Ohio one from Michigan, who is bigger?
"The Michigan kid...he is 23 years old"

Feel free to add more....even from Michigan fans.:rolleyes

In the last 10 years neither of the two teams have beaten SC. Fight on Trojans. Beat the Irish.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and remember the days of Bo and Woody...barely! I go back to every other year on average to catch a game at the Big House while mixing in a family visit.

Most people on the West Coast don't really get it but it is the greatest rivalry game there is. A lot of respect between these 2 teams on the field, usually. :D

Why do Ohio State graduates keep their diplomas on their dashboards?

So they can park in handicapped parking spots.

westair

Reaction score
In the last 10 years neither of the two teams have beaten SC. Fight on Trojans. Beat the Irish.

SC sucks .... not even ranked, I'm sure neither team would even want to play em! nothing to gain!

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

That's the thing...they just don't care! Beating Michigan is all that matters.

I guarantee they have been up since daybreak in Youngstown, burning up the phone lines arguing lineups, strategies, play calling etc.

They may have even gotten into fights amongst themselves over gameplans....they are nuts about this.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
That's the thing...they just don't care! Beating Michigan is all that matters.

I guarantee they have been up since daybreak in Youngstown, burning up the phone lines arguing lineups, strategies, play calling etc.

They may have even gotten into fights amongst themselves over gameplans....they are nuts about this.

I hear you on this. It is a huge game for both. OSU going undefeated in a meaningless season on a road to nowhere. Michigan has the ability to derail the perfect season.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and remember the days of Bo and Woody...barely! I go back to every other year on average to catch a game at the Big House while mixing in a family visit.

Most people on the West Coast don't really get it but it is the greatest rivalry game there is. A lot of respect between these 2 teams on the field, usually. :D

Why do Ohio State graduates keep their diplomas on their dashboards?

So they can park in handicapped parking spots.

Nice one!

Have you seen the commercial where the Dad walks in his sons room, wearing his OSU shirt, and the son has Woodson or someone on his Madden X-Box playing for OSU?
The Dad freaks and throws the TV out the window.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
I'm in Columbus, oh visiting family. Was down on campus yesterday, the prep for tailgating going on was crazy. Nothing is happening anywhere here today except the game. Crazy.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Nice one!

Have you seen the commercial where the Dad walks in his sons room, wearing his OSU shirt, and the son has Woodson or someone on his Madden X-Box playing for OSU?
The Dad freaks and throws the TV out the window.

That commercial is great....it is probably based on actual events.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
One day in an elementary school in Ann Arbor Michigan, a teacher asks her class if the Michigan Wolverines are their favorite football team. The whole class says yes except for Little Jimmy.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite football team Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy says, "The Ohio State Buckeyes."

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, my dad is a Buckeye fan, my mom is a Buckeye fan, I guess that makes me a Buckeye fan."

The teacher angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Michigan fan."

HBCraig

Reaction score
One day in an elementary school in Ann Arbor Michigan, a teacher asks her class if the Michigan Wolverines are their favorite football team. The whole class says yes except for Little Jimmy.

The teacher asks, "What's your favorite football team Jimmy?"

Little Jimmy says, "The Ohio State Buckeyes."

The teacher asks, "Well, why is that?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, my dad is a Buckeye fan, my mom is a Buckeye fan, I guess that makes me a Buckeye fan."

The teacher angered by his reply says, "If your dad was a moron and your mom was an idiot what would that make you?"

Little Jimmy says, "Well, I guess that would make me a Michigan fan."
Hahaha. Love the cfb jokes. :thumbsup

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Q: Did you hear about the power outage at the University of Michigan library?

A: Forty students were stuck on the escalator for three hours.

Q: How many University of Michigan freshman does it take to change a light bulb?

A: None, it's a sophomore course.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
If you have a car containing a Ohio QB, a Ohio receiver and a Ohio Linebacker, who is driving?

A Cop.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
If you have a car containing a Ohio QB, a Ohio receiver and a Ohio Linebacker, who is driving?

A Cop.

LOL!!! Now THAT'S a good one!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

Q. What did the Michigan graduate say to the Ohio State graduate?

A. "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order, please?"

Q: What do you get when you cross a University of Michigan fan and a pig?

A: Nothing. There's some things that a pig will not do.

:D;)

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
LOL!!! Now THAT'S a good one!!!:thumbsup:thumbsup

Q. What did the Michigan graduate say to the Ohio State graduate?

A. "Welcome to McDonald's. May I take your order, please?"

Q: What do you get when you cross a University of Michigan fan and a pig?

A: Nothing. There's some things that a pig will not do.

:D;)

I think this could go on all day.

What does an Ohio fan do when they have won the BCS championship game?

Turn off Playstation 3!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think this could go on all day.

What does an Ohio fan do when they have won the BCS championship game?

Turn off Playstation 3!

LOL!

Probably. Then another year of fighting over mistakes and how the losing team was "robbed".

We went to Ohio the last 2 years in October for Browns games and visiting relatives.
Maybe next year we will try to time a Browns game with OSU/ Michigan.....all under the guise of visiting relatives!

(We didn't go this year)

Q: What do you call a good looking girl on the University of Michigan campus?

A: A visitor.

westair

Reaction score
Good stuff!:thumbsup ..... wow, game starts in a few minutes! I might tune in and stick with this thread awhile:D ... might be entertaining:)

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
What do an Ohio student and a U of M student have in common?

They both were accepted to Ohio.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Good stuff!:thumbsup ..... wow, game starts in a few minutes! I might tune in and stick with this thread awhile:D ... might be entertaining:)

The game should be entertaining.....if watching OSU put on a scoring seminar is your' thing.:thumbsup:thumbsup:D

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did you see the cheaters (Michigan) clipping on that sorry run before halftime??
I didn't either, but they had to have cheated to score like that!!:D

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Decent first half for both teams but I think the second half is going to be way more exciting.

Buck the Fuckeyes!:p

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
I like the idea to go for it there but the play call stunk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Shit...sloppy game. Michigan could not stop the run up the middle and our offensive play calling stunk in my opinion.

Ugly game for both teams I think.

Congrats on a perfect season.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Shit...sloppy game. Michigan could not stop the run up the middle and our offensive play calling stunk in my opinion.

Ugly game for both teams I think.

Congrats on a perfect season.

Well, thanks, but it is sort of a hollow victory and a F'd up year with no bowl game.

We'll play for real next year!! :thumbsup

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Sounds good to me...we should have a better team next year. Most of Rich Rodriguez's spread option players should be gone. Hopefully they can run a consistent offense.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Well, thanks, but it is sort of a hollow victory and a F'd up year with no bowl game.

We'll play for real next year!! :thumbsup

So much for playing for real this year. Sitting at home in my Michigan gear ready to get spanked.

Too much scarlet and gray in the Big House today. Let's hope for a huge upset.

Go Blue!

Hammer

Reaction score
So much for playing for real this year. Sitting at home in my Michigan gear ready to get spanked.

Too much scarlet and gray in the Big House today. Let's hope for a huge upset.

Go Blue!

Let's go Blue ! Hoping for an upset.

djunkie

Broke mo fo
Reaction score
Let's go Blue ! Hoping for an upset.

It's possible. Have you seen all the games the last 2 days? Hell Oregon almost went down to Oregon state. Anythings possible in these games this weekend.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
It's possible. Have you seen all the games the last 2 days? Hell Oregon almost went down to Oregon state. Anythings possible in these games this weekend.

I watched that game last night. If the OSU running back slides inside the 5 yard line instead of running it in for a TD, OSU wins. Easy to say but hard to do. You can't give Oregon the ball back with any time left, their offense is too prolific.

Off to a great start!

Go blue!!!

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Happy guy right now, hopefully we play the 2nd half like the 1st. If someone would have told me we would score 21 points in the 1st half before the game, I would have called bullshit.

Halfway through the first quarter cracked a beer....couldn't help it, it's my favorite weekend of the year. At the start of the 2nd quarter, the wife stopped decorating the house, asked me to make a mimosa and sat on the couch.

I love college football.

Go Blue!!!

Hammer

Reaction score
Momentum is starting to swing, michigans D needs to not give up huge plays on 3rd down. They should be up 21-7 .

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
There is nothing in my body that would allow me to root for Notre Dame or Ohio....it's just not in my DNA.

I was driving from Chicago to Indiana for a family wedding years ago and saved up a deuce so I could say I took a dump in South Bend and talk about it for the rest of my life.

It was at a rest stop....what else are you supposed to do at a rest stop?

Last edited:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
There is nothing in my body that would allow me to root for Notre Dame or Ohio....it's just not in my DNA.

I was driving from Chicago to Indiana for a family wedding years ago and saved up a deuce so I could say I took a dump in South Bend for the rest of my life.

It was at a rest stop....what else are you supposed to do at a rest stop?
Ohio or THE Ohio State. :D

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Ohio or THE Ohio State. :D

image.jpg

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Ohhh shit.......over ranked OSU getting exposed by unranked Michigan.:thumbup:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
As bummed as I am, what a great game. I thought Michigan was going to get smoked....but I still would have kicked the extra point.

Go Blue!

playdeep

Reaction score
Hate meeechigan.
.Big 10 football...kinda sucks right now.
Love to see Satin lose to Auburn.
What a great weekend of college football.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
As bummed as I am, what a great game. I thought Michigan was going to get smoked....but I still would have kicked the extra point.

Go Blue!
Yep...Gutsy call. At home I would have kicked the PAT. On the road go for 2.

Hammer

Reaction score
Yep...Gutsy call. At home I would have kicked the PAT. On the road go for 2.

We wouldn't be saying that if they got the conversion :D. I think they could've called a better play. QB rushed that throw , he wasn't open, should've ran a little and extended the play.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Looks like Alabama has their hands full in the Iron Bowl Auburn 10 Alabama Zip...
My niece goes to Auburn, she is there today and having a blast.

Last edited: