WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OSU, Michigan today..the only game that matters.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Let’s be honest. USC can take all of the help they can get. If that help is Riley, so be it, deepest amount of talent in the country (recruiting wise) and can’t make the AP top 25. Time for a change.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Let’s be honest. USC can take all of the help they can get. If that help is Riley, so be it, deepest amount of talent in the country (recruiting wise) and can’t make the AP top 25. Time for a change.
100%

The last big time QB from socal is leading bama to the playoffs. The other one is at UGA now. Both were slated to go to SC. You need several winning seasons.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I’m not a PAC 12 fan but I want them to be relevant again. Tired of friggen Oregon and Utah being the gatekeepers. Need to see some big time college football in Southern California.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I understand the Nike money for Oregon. USC should be ELITE. No reason for the top recruits to be going to the Midwest.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Los Al QB just decommited from OU, a linebacker, receiver and RB too.
Oh hell yes. QB is #2 prospect and both of his receivers are top 50 for any position. Imagine the chemistry staying together from HS through college.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Good for them. They will play for 4 years. At OU, they wouldn't. Not knocking them, just a fact

BTW, outside of Hoots, where have all the SC fans been since 2006? Haven't heard a peep from you guys. It's hard to take you seriously as graduates or fans. @HOOTER SLED-
Not much to root for… it’s been the typical, “this is our year,” 4/5 star recruits in every position, get pumped for the beginning of the season, then a let down. Not like we are going to talk shit when we are constantly beat on by unranked teams… 😒

Hammer

Reaction score
He's a 2 way. Outfield and pitcher. And yes, he has offers from west coast schools now as a junior and is talking to 2 SEC schools. You can probably guess one of them. ;)
That’s great! Congrats to you and your son!

Hammer

Reaction score
Getting the best recruits in the nation is one thing getting them to play as a team is a tough job for any coach. I hope Riley can revive a sleeping giant but only time will tell...
Agreed. the NIL endorsements should be a substantial bargaining chip for Riley in LA. However, its going to make it even harder to coach them up. I believe the kids benefitting financially from that aren't going to give two shits about their coach or team, only about the money they can make. I don't like it honestly. As a football fan, I have always enjoyed the college game because you played for your college and teammates, passion for the game and to prove you were good enough to go to the league and make a career out of it. With NIL, that's all but gone.

I want to see Michigan in the College Playoff.

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Cincinnati
  4. Alabama

Although, Alabama going to 4 OT's against Auburn makes me think they may not make the cut. Oklahoma St. is going to be in the 5 spot, ND will be right there too..
Unless Georgia gets smoked by Bama, I don't see them missing the CFP....

I think Ole Miss should be in the top 5/6. Bama loss and Auburn Loss are ok on paper based on the Iron bowl being a close game.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
100%

The last big time QB from socal is leading bama to the playoffs. The other one is at UGA now. Both were slated to go to SC. You need several winning seasons.
JT Daniels actually went to SC for 2 years before he lost his job and transferred to UGA. He is a back up there now.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
JT Daniels actually went to SC for 2 years before he lost his job and transferred to UGA. He is a back up there now.
Lost his job because he got hurt and Slovis performed well in relief. "Something that seems to happen often at SC, just like Dart" I'm sure there were issues behind the scenes, but it's not a good look when you're a stud QB and it looks like you run away from a QB competition instead of beating another guy for the job.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Lost his job because he got hurt and Slovis performed well in relief. "Something that seems to happen often at SC, just like Dart" I'm sure there were issues behind the scenes, but it's not a good look when you're a stud QB and it looks like you run away from a QB competition instead of beating another guy for the job.
Wonder if JT fixed his USC tattoo..✌️

8549079.jpg

HBCraig

Reaction score
ND will not be in the playoff

Kelly gone, and too little time fir ND to scramble.

Sorry domers, you are done

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

That was a surprise announcement to wake up to today. Oh well....NEXT...lol

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score

There is absolutely a chance that ND makes the playoff if those top teams stumble. It’s nuts to think he left the team like that, but $95MM buys a lot of loyalty.

HBCraig

Reaction score
There is absolutely a chance that ND makes the playoff if those top teams stumble. It’s nuts to think he left the team like that, but $95MM buys a lot of loyalty.
He knew he couldn't beat the SEC so why not join them. His recruiting will be telling. You aren't recruiter a bunch of smart kids like you do at ND. You just need the biggest and fastest kids on the planet.

Right @DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
He knew he couldn't beat the SEC so why not join them. His recruiting will be telling. You aren't recruiter a bunch of smart kids like you do at ND. You just need the biggest and fastest kids on the planet.

Right @DILLIGAF
That does go into it yes. Academic standards are harder at ND

HBCraig

Reaction score
That does go into it yes. Academic standards are harder at ND
No doubt. My daughter had a 3.8 GPA and I think I actually heard ND admissions laugh.

I sent one girl to ND. She's a freshman there now. Huge bat and very high academic. She had other offers and I told her she will write her own ticket where ever she wants to work.