WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Our town is burning down!

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Mother nature is making a statement! "Burn our country down" she says "I'll do that for you"

@n2otoofast4u is going to have to evacuate his house!

Our house has been without power for 24hrs now!

We left the river last night and they had the road blocked and said we couldnt get to our house.

Last night at the river
20200907_184530.jpg

Last night shitty pic but shits on fire on my road!
20200907_214138.jpg

Cant get home huh, hold my beer and watch this.. dropped through the ditch and pulled the boat through the neighbor's field!

20200907_220522.jpg
20200907_220529.jpg

Downtown salem right now! Had to come to town and get something to eat since we have no power or water!
20200908_152524.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
Yup, I said it in another thread "God is mad at California and he is gonna burn it down" apparently Oregon too.

buck35

Reaction score
Damn! I didn't think it ever dried out enough to burn around salem .Stay safe guys!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Stay safe, be smart. Make sure you have water for yourselves, and a truck fuel up ready to make tracks. All the crap we bought can be replaced...scary shit for sure :(

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
It started up by detroit lake and is heading west! They are getting ready to evacuate where @n2otoofast4u lives now! He's got his shit he wants loaded up and he is ready to move out! Probably come to my place as a base! They have evacuated from detroit lake to Salem which is about 60mi. Houses in flames everywhere in between!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
My buddy who lives on East Devil's Lake, on the coast at Lincoln City sent me a pic saying their local roads are even closed and it looks like that there too and 60 mph winds.
So sorry man !!!!!!!!!!

Yep. We are about 45mi from Lincoln city. My neighbor has a house on devils lake also. There is a few fires that are blazing in that area also.

"Rumor" has it that these fires WE are dealing with where not started from natural causes!!

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Yup in a holding pattern in Lebanon waiting to see what happens. My house in Aumsville is under stage 2 get ready alert crazy times. And we all feel like dog shit breathing the concentrated smoke and ash. Keep me posted I'm 45 away if you need help

Taboma

Reaction score
Yep. We are about 45mi from Lincoln city. My neighbor has a house on devils lake also. There is a few fires that are blazing in that area also.

"Rumor" has it that these fires WE are dealing with where not started from natural causes!!

Having been there done that and losing --- my heart sincerely goes out to you and yours and our other RDP member n2otoofast4u.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Going to be a fun night. The wind has shifted a bit (for now) that will help me, but certainly be BAD for others. I over insure and rest easy for a reason, not necessarily this reason, but I guess it applies here too. I am loaded up of things I cannot replace (mostly guns and ammo), and if I have to get out, well, I guess I'll find out how good my insurance really is. This was at 4pm, I'll post another pic from about 10 minutes ago in a few.
4pm.jpg

buck35

Reaction score
I'm in the Wenatchee Valley. If anyone wants or needs to bug out you are more than welcome. There's also a big jetboat deal here this weekend, if you're home is safe and you just need to get away. Good luck and stay safe!

We have a downstairs apt and room for several mohos.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Hang in there Justwannarace, and all my fellow RDP'ers who dread this time of year.
I won't go into it all, I shared a bunch of info in the Freezer thread I started, but we are loaded and hooked to the 5th wheel and will be for the foreseeable future.
Been down this path too many times to count, and getting too damn old for this.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
About 5:30pm. The bright light in the back is not the moon coming up, that is a car on the road over there. Crickets chirping, frogs croaking (is that the right term?), its CREEPY AS FUCK!!!! @bigdawgmini isn't in any better of a spot than I am!

To put it in perspective, this is VERY steep terrain that is all timer land. It has burned 200 square miles in 24 hours, and they are not fighting it, simply trying to evacuate out in front of it. essentially all resources are defensive right now. There isn't talk of trying to go offensive until Thursday at the earliest. We are a long ways from being out of the woods with this one.

And just because I cannot stand our POS Governor, shes on TV right now preaching her climate change shit. Heaven fucking forbid you stop the riots that are destroying Portland... FUCKING CUNT

Stay safe everyone, this is going to be one for the record books. #FUCK2020

5pm.jpg

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
I'm in the Wenatchee Valley. If anyone wants or needs to bug out you are more than welcome. There's also a big jetboat deal here this weekend, if you're home is safe and you just need to get away. Good luck and stay safe!

It is comments and offers like this^^^^^^^
That makes RDP what it is!! Thanks @buck35

And thank you @RiverDave

4Waters

Reaction score
About 5:30pm. The bright light in the back is not the moon coming up, that is a car on the road over there. Crickets chirping, frogs croaking (is that the right term?), its CREEPY AS FUCK!!!! @bigdawgmini isn't in any better of a spot than I am!

To put it in perspective, this is VERY steep terrain that is all timer land. It has burned 200 square miles in 24 hours, and they are not fighting it, simply trying to evacuate out in front of it. essentially all resources are defensive right now. There isn't talk of trying to go offensive until Thursday at the earliest. We are a long ways from being out of the woods with this one.

And just because I cannot stand our POS Governor, shes on TV right now preaching her climate change shit. Heaven fucking forbid you stop the riots that are destroying Portland... FUCKING CUNT

Stay safe everyone, this is going to be one for the record books. #FUCK2020

View attachment 920620
They were saying earlier, this is the worst fire season ever in California, not surprised.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

We're supposed to go to a wedding in Spokane this weekend. This sounds MUCH better to me!

buck35

Reaction score
We're supposed to go to a wedding in Spokane this weekend. This sounds MUCH better to me!

You are more than welcome to spend some time here. We also have smoke but not anything like that . the fire here is wheatland and 50 miles away. I'm surrounded by orchards that won't burn, and the Columbia 100 feet from my house.

Taboma

Reaction score
Going to be a fun night. The wind has shifted a bit (for now) that will help me, but certainly be BAD for others. I over insure and rest easy for a reason, not necessarily this reason, but I guess it applies here too. I am loaded up of things I cannot replace (mostly guns and ammo), and if I have to get out, well, I guess I'll find out how good my insurance really is. This was at 4pm, I'll post another pic from about 10 minutes ago in a few. View attachment 920614

One thing that really helped us settle with the insurance company on personal property was pictures of everything. Because it was the season, I'd gone around the house ahead of time, took pics of everything, including every drawer open, my shop, roll away drawers open, I mean damn near every nut and bolt. Gave them a copy on CD and I wasn't even required to itemize everything, they could easily see we'd get the full policy amount and paid it.
We just screwed up, left the house for a few minutes to drop a car off down at the mall but by the time we got back, the sheriffs had blocked the road and we lost everything, including the cat --- that scene got really ugly as you can imagine.

Anyway, best of luck to you sir !!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
Where is this area exactly? Sorry if this is a dumb question. I dont recognize the city names

brgrcru

Reaction score
I have not lost everything by Mother Nature . But I have been through fires , almost every few years by our house . Not fun .
Good luck .
We have stayed a few times and fought back with high power water hoses , sprinkler on roof and a pool pump . So far we have been lucky .
Good luck to all .

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I’m in Beaverton y’all. It’s less smoky but still very windy so you come hang here.

also. As far as the rumor, I thought I heard a gender reveal set the cascades on fire?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Just found out my 2nd cousin (big family and still fairly tight) was evacuated from her house. I dont know what city they are in, just know its outside Salem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
My son is also in Salem/Stayron area and has been sending me pictures all day. His girlfriends parents lost their house. I’m not sure where the house was. I can post up pictures tomorrow. He should be ok so he had been helping friends with animals. Last picture I got he had a load of sheep in the bed of his truck.

Last edited:

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Just found out my 2nd cousin (big family and still fairly tight) was evacuated from her house. I dont know what city they are in, just know its outside Salem.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Let me know if they need any help!

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Don’t know the name of this fire. From what I can tell it’s between the 5 and 99 between Ashland and Medford. View straight South from parents home.
20200908_194304.jpg

Told only Stage 1 evac for some friends in Ashland. Don’t know about any evac in Medford

Road with cars on it looks like Foothill Rd.
Parents are up the hill but google street view pointing same direction.
View attachment 920690

Last edited:

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Don’t know the name of this fire. From what I can tell it’s between the 5 and 99 between Ashland and Medford. View straight South from parents home.
View attachment 920684
Told only Stage 1 evac for some friends in Ashland. Don’t know about any evac in Medford

Phoenix and Talent area I believe. My buddy from down there, who I was with all weekend, says they are both toast.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
Phoenix and Talent area I believe. My buddy from down there, who I was with all weekend, says they are both toast.

That’s the area. Told stage 1 in Medford.
Want to head up there and help load up just in case but roads are being closed.

Wishing you and others that are up there the best and please stay safe. Hard to remember that it’s just stuff.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
View attachment 920684

Road with cars on it looks like Foothill Rd.
Parents are up the hill but google street view pointing same direction.
View attachment 920690
One of my drivers heading south on I-5 had to detour, caught the 140 W. to K/Falls and saw this, I guess 97 north of K/Falls is closed also what a mess.😕
1599626102871.jpeg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I needed to see a map to try and see which fire is which in CA

32901120-8708045-image-a-133_1599536908894.jpg

Hypnautic

Reaction score
They were updated to Stange 2 a few hours ago.
They are just north of McAndrews near Prescott Park in Medford. South of that is Stage 3.
Good news is wind is supposed to start moving East to west and is starting too. That will help move fire away from open orchards and parents home. Bad news is it pushes the fire into other innocent victims.
IMG_0572.JPG