WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Our world war netflix

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I have been listening to Dan Carlin's hardcore history podcast. Pretty epic 6 episode series he did on wwi that I highly reccomend. i did a Netflix search for wwi shows after finishing it.

Our world war is a BBC mini is a series that is a dramatisation based on soldiers letters during wwi. Each episode is focused on different soldiers and battles. It has a guy Ritchie feel to it and I get how it could be off putting. Personally I like it.

It is well done but at least the first two episodes that I watched didn't really capture the madness of the battles as Carlin described them. To be honest not sure how they could. How do you recreate 80k shells a day and 20k dead in a day...

I'm on a wwi kick now so if anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Same goes for good history podcasts.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
I have been listening to Dan Carlin's hardcore history podcast. Pretty epic 6 episode series he did on wwi that I highly reccomend. i did a Netflix search for wwi shows after finishing it.

Our world war is a BBC mini is a series that is a dramatisation based on soldiers letters during wwi. Each episode is focused on different soldiers and battles. It has a guy Ritchie feel to it and I get how it could be off putting. Personally I like it.

It is well done but at least the first two episodes that I watched didn't really capture the madness of the battles as Carlin described them. To be honest not sure how they could. How do you recreate 80k shells a day and 20k dead in a day...

I'm on a wwi kick now so if anyone has any recommendations let me know.

Same goes for good history podcasts.
I just recently started the WW1 Dan Carlin podcasts as well. They are amazing. I'll have to check out this mini-series. Thanks