WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Out for a weekend in parker ..and i bought a rzr.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
So im out in parker fartin around.. Passed by the yamaha dealer and said wth ..lets take a look at the sxs's. Well i ended buying a rzr. So what are a few of the upgrades i should do asap? Totally have no knowledge of these things ..as i was originally looking for a rhino:D.

Dylan

Reaction score
Which model? Get a roof and harnesses.

UTV Giant has killer pricing for accessories.

Polaris retractable harnesses are sweet if you got any credit from the Rzr purchase.... but they’re $500 so you’re call. PRP are half that cost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boatnam2

Reaction score
Did you talk to Dave?
Me and 2 others bought from there
It was a no nonsense deal.
They even delivered my rzr to my driveway in havasu

Street legal kit
Roof
half/full windshield
Lower doors
Spare tire rack
Fire extinguisher
And then the list goes on for what you want
who is dave?

boatnam2

Reaction score
When i first bought mine i wanted it to look cool, looking back a cage a seats with belts would be my first thing i did. Big boy toys sells a nice cage with roof and light bar on the cheap. Helmets with fresh air would be next if you plan on wearing helmets.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Hahahahah sucker :)

You don’t need a new cage and seats. If you want to get harnesses, you will want to get seat harness pass throughs installed or install them yourself. The stock seats and belts or stock seats with harnesses are not really ideal or that safe. The harness pass throughs are needed in my opinion with the harnesses if you use the stock seats.

Get a roof ASAP. Also get a rear view mirrors. If it were me I’d get the bottom half doors too if it does not have those.

UTV Giant does have good prices on the doors and roof. Their stuff is also available through other people on EBay.

UTV Giant is in South Orange County and if you call that will give you a price break for pickup usually.

If you want it street legal -
Get a horn kit
Lighted license plate
Rear view mirror

Last edited:

CLdrinker

Reaction score

You don’t need a new cage and seats. If you want to get harnesses, you will want to get seat harness pass throughs installed or install them yourself. The stock seats and belts or stock seats with harnesses are not really ideal or that safe. The harness pass throughs are needed in my opinion with the harnesses if you use the stock seats.

Get a roof ASAP. Also get a rear view mirrors. If it were me I’d get the bottom half doors too if it does not have those.

UTV Giant does have good prices on the doors and roof. Their stuff is also available through other people on EBay.

UTV Giant is in South Orange County and if you call that will give you a price break for pickup usually.

Get a horn kit
Lighted license plate
Rear view mirror

More people need to read your first paragraph and follow it. My brother included. Drives me nuts watching people ride with harness that will slip off in an accident.

The stock seats keep the harness to wide and off the shoulders.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
More people need to read your first paragraph and follow it. My brother included. Drives me nuts watching people ride with harness that will slip off in an accident.

The stock seats keep the harness to wide and off the shoulders.

Yea especially a small kid. They would fly right out.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
drive it, have fun. congrats, you gonna have a blast!

my .02
if you are looking to do upgrades / fabricating / safety stuff, I would suggest taking some time think thru it all (example; if you plan on replacing cage, think ahead and have it tabbed and wired for lights, whips radio antenna mounts, roof mounts, ect). An easy quik upgrade you will see and feel immediately is replacing seats and adding harnesses.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

my .02
if you are looking to do upgrades / fabricating / safety stuff, I would suggest taking some time think thru it all (example; if you plan on replacing cage, think ahead and have it tabbed and wired for lights, whips radio antenna mounts, roof mounts, ect). An easy quik upgrade you will see and feel immediately is replacing seats and adding harnesses.

Agreed on thinking things out to avoid cascading problems with mods down the line...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So im out in parker fartin around.. Passed by the yamaha dealer and said wth ..lets take a look at the sxs's. Well i ended buying a rzr. So what are a few of the upgrades i should do asap? Totally have no knowledge of these things ..as i was originally looking for a rhino:D.
When I used to "fart around" in Parker, I usually would walk into store, just to browse...and accidently walk out having bought a 12pk or two:D

Reactions: DWC

Boat 405

Reaction score
Harnesses, Pass through for the stock seats, cage with roof, light bar, lower doors, or full doors, spare belt, half windshield, fire extinguisher (non dry chem type).

Those would be my priorities, then you can go to wheels, tires (everyone in my group has had great luck with tensors) rear view mirrors, lighted whip, polaris ride command, baofeng radio for car to car communications, stereo, polaris storage box for trunk, spare tire carrier (cage worx makes a really nice once that lifts out of the way and gives you a covered trunk)

They are kinda like a boat, just keep throwing money at them until you sell it for something else... LOL

RVRKID

Reaction score
Check out Triumph Motorsports I am real happy with everything they did for mine.

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I strongly suggest you watch Youtube videos of SxS crashes, accidents, rollovers, stupid stunts....... and you will appreciate how easy these things can roll..... all of the above are great add on stuff..... but if you fuck up on the wrong trail at the wrong spot and roll it down a 200' drop off... well... open vs closed casket.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Did you talk to Dave?
Me and 2 others bought from there
It was a no nonsense deal.
They even delivered my rzr to my driveway in havasu

Street legal kit
Roof
half/full windshield
Lower doors
Spare tire rack
Fire extinguisher
And then the list goes on for what you want
Yeah .i dealt with the finance lady right off the bat then dave helped and showed me whats what with it. It was just too damm easy qualifying for these things. Cant believe they dont even verify income.. Ran credit and boom. Done. They loaned me a trailer to get it to the house. Easy peasy

79 HUSTLER

Reaction score
Yeah .i dealt with the finance lady right off the bat then dave helped and showed me whats what with it. It was just too damm easy qualifying for these things. Cant believe they dont even verify income.. Ran credit and boom. Done. They loaned me a trailer to get it to the house. Easy peasy
That’s exactly why it’s seadoo of the fucking desert!!!

Rondog4405

Reaction score

Get a horn kit
Lighted license plate
Rear view mirror
Roof is a must. Bigger tires.. Hate the look of these. Cheesy plastic micro doors so they gotta go ! I bought the street legal setup at the dealer.. Need a spare tire setup asap too. Goin for a ride to the desert bar tomorrow.. :D:D

Rondog4405

Reaction score

my .02
Thanks.. Gonna baby it a bit and just cruise the hills.. Im in no hurry.. Wont be full throttlin it any time soon. Especially with my kids in the back. :D

Albert

Reaction score
What I have found is when you do the upgrades, let them do it all at once one shot. I made the mistake of adding stuff to the Can am as I remeber or when I see something I like. What a PITA taking the seats out like 3 times disassebling the power block interior molding etc etc . My RZR I boight everything and let them install it when they did the cage . Thats a much better route

Rondog4405

Reaction score
When I used to "fart around" in Parker, I usually would walk into store, just to browse...and accidently walk out having bought a 12pk or two:D
Lol. Yeah normally the wife would be like..no..lets not stop.. But for some reason she was all in.. So it was just too easy... Let the fun and $$$ roll

Rondog4405

Reaction score
make sure you get a good life insurance policy too. . .
I dont ride that fast anymore..
I strongly suggest you watch Youtube videos of SxS crashes, accidents, rollovers, stupid stunts....... and you will appreciate how easy these things can roll..... all of the above are great add on stuff..... but if you fuck up on the wrong trail at the wrong spot and roll it down a 200' drop off... well... open vs closed casket.
Yeah i know how easy it is.. I used to race banshees in glamis..and had munched it many times out there.. Those days are done.. Family cruising is all im gonna be doing in this thing.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Which model? Get a roof and harnesses.

UTV Giant has killer pricing for accessories.

Polaris retractable harnesses are sweet if you got any credit from the Rzr purchase.... but they’re $500 so you’re call. PRP are half that cost

Nothin fancy. Turbo xp.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I dont ride that fast anymore..

Yeah i know how easy it is.. I used to race banshees in glamis..and had munched it many times out there.. Those days are done.. Family cruising is all im gonna be doing in this thing.
I've bounced around and broken a bunch of bones. Built an old Raptor 660 a couple years back. Long travel on the cheap...rides like a couch! With there being 5 of us now, really need a long travel mini van now to go shooting out in Topock.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Nothing like jumping in both feet first with a turbo.
Get a spare belt. Hunterworks makes a decent belt for less money than polaris
https://www.rzrforums.net/hunterworks/534574-oem-belts-waste-money.html
That dealer's street legal kit is pricey for what you need. It's not required in AZ but the turn signal kits are plug n play and come with a horn. So all you would have needed extra was a mirror and lighted plate.
They're so much nicer instead of using hand signals.
https://www.superatv.com/polaris-rzr-xp-1000-plug-and-play-turn-signal-kit
Don't forget insurance. You'll need it when you get your street plate and there are a couple options with that too

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol. Yeah normally the wife would be like..no..lets not stop.. But for some reason she was all in.. So it was just too easy... Let the fun and $$$ roll

You played this right.. she saw what a fiasco your Rhino was and said F that, just get a new and bigger one!

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I use my polaris belt as a spare
I also run the gates. Great belt for the money
Other nice thing with the gates belt is if it breaks it breaks in pieces
The polaris belt and hunterworks has the threads in it and not only a pain to clean out but a chance that it can ruin the seal behind the primary clutch

Your ad here

Reaction score
Congrats on the RZR. Put some helmets on and have some fun. Worry about the aftermarket stuff next week.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Where I come from , if you just drive by the RZR dealership and say let's check it out and walk out with a new SXS, is called .....

BALLER .....

Congrats and enjoy. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Where I come from , if you just drive by the RZR dealership and say let's check it out and walk out with a new SXS, is called .....

BALLER .....

Congrats and enjoy. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Thanks milky.. Yeah ill be bawling when i have to make the payments every month!:eek::D

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Right on guys!! So as for the break in on these.. Do you think a 25 mile drive is ok as long as its mild speeds?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Congrats on the new toy!

Right on guys!! So as for the break in on these.. Do you think a 25 mile drive is ok as long as its mild speeds?

Mao_RTFM_vectorize_by_cmenghi.png

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
No problem
The belt break in is critical too or else you can shred a belt in just a few miles.
I highly recommend a razorback belt temp gauge especially with the turbo