And in with the new. :D

CIMG0763.jpg

CIMG0764.jpg

CIMG0765.jpg

CIMG0766.jpg

CIMG0768.jpg

CIMG0770.jpg

CIMG0769.jpg

Went from a 1973 130 HP Chrysler to a 1983 Merc 200.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
How much hp with the new engine?
See them big numbers on the back of the motor? LOL. It's a 200

Any mph # yet:D

Not yet. Waiting on throttle cables, a fuel line, and warmer weather. Not expecting too much MPH right now, cause I only have a 19P prop for it (Mercury Marine High5), until I can sell that one and round up another one. I'm shooting for 65 MPH. 70-75 MPH and above and they say the boat gets squirrely, and I'm not really wanting to find out...

sonic

Reaction score
Pretty fast for a boat of that size.:D Sounds like fun:beer

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Pretty fast for a boat of that size.:D Sounds like fun:beer

Stupid fast is more like it. :eek: I originally wanted a 150, but this was too good of a deal to pass up. ;)

sonic

Reaction score
Stupid fast is more like it. :eek: I originally wanted a 150, but this was too good of a deal to pass up. ;)

In this case bigger is better:D Id rather have to much then not enough.It will only go as fast as you push the stick:D Also check out B-BLADES for a prop big sales right now :beer

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
In this case bigger is better:D Id rather have to much then not enough.It will only go as fast as you push the stick:D Also check out B-BLADES for a prop big sales right now :beer

Very true. And thanks for the info on the props...

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Hey, you know what they say.... once you go black.... you never go back! :D

Thats true in more than one way. lol! j/k!

If I can get my 22p fixed soon here, I have a 21p Laser II that Id let go REALLY cheap. Leading edges are a little dinged but easily fixable.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
If I can get my 22p fixed soon here, I have a 21p Laser II that Id let go REALLY cheap. Leading edges are a little dinged but easily fixable.

LOL... Thanks for the offer, but I already have a 21P High Five for it. Probably going to sell that and look for something bigger though (25P or so).

Ah.... My garage is finally back to normal. Had the boss's jet skis in there for about a month while I put a new motor in one.

CIMG0843.jpg

CIMG0844.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
LOL... Thanks for the offer, but I already have a 21P High Five for it. Probably going to sell that and look for something bigger though (25P or so).

Ah.... My garage is finally back to normal. Had the boss's jet skis in there for about a month while I put a new motor in one.

Damn, a 21p High Five? That thing will JUMP out of the water... and top out at about 45. lol!

Looks like its a nice fit in there now. lol

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Damn, a 21p High Five? That thing will JUMP out of the water... and top out at about 45. lol!

Looks like its a nice fit in there now. lol

Eh, I think I calculated it to be about 55mph or so. Thats why I'm going to sell/trade it... But, they do say that the extra blades will lower the RPM, so we'll see... :hmm

And yeah, it's a good squeeze in the garage.

CIMG0845.jpg

CIMG0846.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Eh, I think I calculated it to be about 55mph or so. Thats why I'm going to sell/trade it... But, they do say that the extra blades will lower the RPM, so we'll see... :hmm

And yeah, it's a good squeeze in the garage.

CIMG0845.jpg

CIMG0846.jpg

Yeah, you're not going to be pulling 55 with a 21p 5 blade.

Looks like you went back a LITTLE too far the first time there (little dent on the wall from the CAV plate. lol)

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
6,000 RPM with a 1.87 gear ratio and assuming 10% slip puts me at 57.4 MPH.

That dent is from the Chrizzler.... But we're good. It's a rental house. LOL

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
6,000 RPM with a 1.87 gear ratio and assuming 10% slip puts me at 57.4 MPH.

That dent is from the Chrizzler.... But we're good. It's a rental house. LOL

I think 10% slip with a 5 blade and 6,000 RPM is optimistic.

To get only 10% slip, you're gonna have to bury it. And I dont think the 200hp is enough to spin that thing up to 6,000 r's with it buried.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
I think 10% slip with a 5 blade and 6,000 RPM is optimistic.

To get only 10% slip, you're gonna have to bury it. And I dont think the 200hp is enough to spin that thing up to 6,000 r's with it buried.

Eh, we'll see.... Like I said, I'm not expecting miracles. Gonna try for a new prop soon...

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Great success! High Five! :)

!BOw7BuQ!mk~$(KGrHgoH-EUEjlLluH(EBJwUrsiySw~~_1.JPG

Won that today on eGay. 26P Merc High Five.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Quick update. Its...almost...done... It runs. Trim isn't cooperating. Think I have a blockage in the line or the ram. That 26P prop that I bought isn't going to work. Turns out that its for a small gearcase motor. :swear

Few pics... Pay no attention to the dirty ass boat.

CIMG0940.jpg

CIMG0941.jpg

CIMG0942.jpg

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
What do you mean that 26P isnt going to work? Are you referring to the hub being slightly smaller than the gear case "bullet"? If so, then it will still work. Assuming the prop shaft is still correct in the prop. My 22P is the slightly smaller hub and it works bitchin! Actually, I was told once that all the even number Mercury props had the slightly smaller hubs. Not too sure if thats true or not.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
I'm sure it'd work, but I already sold the prop to Tamalewagon. :thumbsup

Trim system is getting a full rebuild this time around. Buddy found a few gummed up balls, and a broken/bent spring thing (only he used more technical terms than I do...). :D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I'm sure it'd work, but I already sold the prop to Tamalewagon. :thumbsup

Trim system is getting a full rebuild this time around. Buddy found a few gummed up balls, and a broken/bent spring thing (only he used more technical terms than I do...). :D

Ahh ok. Turning into quite an expensive re-power huh? lol!

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
CIMG1009.jpg

Brought the boat home this weekend and put it into storage, cause, well, its ready for the water. :champagne: Trim went in on Friday, followed by putting the subwoofer in. All the boat needs is a good buffing now before I hit the water. Still looking for a different prop, but the funds are a bit tight at the moment. Oh, speaking of funds, after selling my Chrysler + props for it, buying this Merc cost me $50. Add in a case of beer to my buddy for delivery, installation, and rebuilding the trim system, and well, you get the idea. :D

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
CIMG1009.jpg

Brought the boat home this weekend and put it into storage, cause, well, its ready for the water. :champagne: Trim went in on Friday, followed by putting the subwoofer in. All the boat needs is a good buffing now before I hit the water. Still looking for a different prop, but the funds are a bit tight at the moment. Oh, speaking of funds, after selling my Chrysler + props for it, buying this Merc cost me $50. Add in a case of beer to my buddy for delivery, installation, and rebuilding the trim system, and well, you get the idea. :D

Bastard!

:D

What kind of prop are you looking for?

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
25P High Five for a large gearcase. There's one on eGay right now that I'm keeping an eye on.