WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outboard Church Meet Up Jun 22nd! - Roll Call

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The Reverends of the Church are launching out of Windsor at 9:00 am and going for a run.

If you are an outboard lover, owner, or fan they are having a MEETUP AT 11:00 @ PIRATES COVE!!

Docks will be reserved for Outboard owners / Church!

If you are planning on attending please add your name below so they can get a head count for docks etc :)

June 22nd - 11:00 am PIRATES COVE RESORT!

OUTBOARD BLK est.PNG

RD

Last edited:

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
I met with Art the owner of Pirates Cove today we finalize the details and I think we’re going to have a great time!

The Reverend and I are looking forward to this.
We will be bringing 4 boats. And probably about 8-10 people.

It’s going to be a great day!

NORDIC 28SS
32DW
25 LIBERATOR
21 LIBERATOR
25 CHURCHTOON

Last edited:

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Beach will be reserved for us as well. He did stress the importance that we are there at 11 AM. As they will be getting very busy that day.

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Green Nordic is in!
4 people.
Looking forward to this!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

milkmoney

Reaction score
I am going to sneak around in my big block and look at all the sleds [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MrMayhem

Reaction score
Looking at the “back” of the sleds. Fixed it for ya....[emoji23][emoji23]

Blow It Up

Don't Member
Reaction score
Thought so! Grew up terrorizing the docks down the when I was a kid.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
I'll be launching at Windsor also. Wife's top speed is ~ 60 so will bring a bud. Looking forward to meeting everyone and trying to figure out what my next boat will be. Sounds like a good variety to look at! Beach is fine for me.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
17 Boats so far and growing !
I'm using an average of about 3 people for lunch to give pirates a head count.

51 ish so far

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So that happens to be the weekend we are moving from Paso to Tucson. The wife and I were talking about a half way point to stay the night with the caravan and I suggested Havasu since there really isn't much else between the 2 anywhere near the halfway point. Then I realized that this meet-up is that weekend....the wife is on board with launching and joining in on the fun. I'll have to see if the mother-in-law is as well.

Assuming she is, and assuming we don't have to pile a bunch if shit in the boat to make the move, I think we may be in for this....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I believe I’m in with the 21’ Easter egg. My better half has to work so I’ll be solo. I’m mostly hoping to learn from some of the brain bank in attendance anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I believe I’m in with the 21’ Easter egg. My better half has to work so I’ll be solo. I’m mostly hoping to learn from some of the brain bank in attendance anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The egg has a special place in my heart. I’ll have to show you pics of it before we got the car paint and clear coat off of it.

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
All the details have been figured out with Pirates. We have all of the docks in front of the restaurant. And our own section of tables.

Very important. We get there EARLY ! At or by 11am !

It’s their peak season

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
F14 & I will be there. Not sure which badass Bully ride we will be riding in.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I really wanna be there...but I haven't touched the Lavey since I moved in October. I've got a buddies Mirage over here with a broken midsection I'm waiting on gaskets to put back together....

The lavey needs the tunnel plates smashed flat and reinstalled...or I need to make new ones. Put the bearing carrier back in the lower unit after I change the seals and find where the fuck I put the big spanner nut that holds it in...change the water pump. figure out why the motor doesn't make the tach work right, re-wire all the fuckery, find a solution to the way the seats are currently installed...Then hope the rest of it works. I might make it.....definate maybe.

JayBreww

Reaction score
This is on my birthday, who’s giving me a ride [emoji1303]

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So, for those of us that have never been and who's rides are a wee bit slower..... How long does it take to get from say.... Windsor to Pirate's?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So, for those of us that have never been and who's rides are a wee bit slower..... How long does it take to get from say.... Windsor to Pirate's?

30-40 minutes of you are just cruising.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score

Kevin,

It's only 21 mi. but a section through the gorge is a 5 mph zone and if you take the dredged channel out of the lake it's 5 mph also. If you follow someone out of the lake (and back in) you don't need to take the 5 mph dredged channel. The dredged channel is the red text on the left but the green line is preferred. This is the only tricky area and you just have to head for the island and stay close to it. Look at google maps satellite and you will see where it is. The rest of the run is like the narrows at Naci when the water is way up. You will feel right at home!
HavasuExit.jpg

Map robbed from RiverWhips...

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Kevin,

It's only 21 mi. but a section through the gorge is a 5 mph zone and if you take the dredged channel out of the lake it's 5 mph also. If you follow someone out of the lake (and back in) you don't need to take the 5 mph dredged channel. The dredged channel is the red text on the left but the green line is preferred. This is the only tricky area and you just have to head for the island and stay close to it. Look at google maps satellite and you will see where it is. The rest of the run is like the narrows at Naci when the water is way up. You will feel right at home!
View attachment 753992

Yeah, I've heard about all that. I'm sure there will be someone around there at that time that knows the route that I could follow. You coming? Gonna get Jr's ass out there too?

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
Yeah, I've heard about all that. I'm sure there will be someone around there at that time that knows the route that I could follow. You coming? Gonna get Jr's ass out there too?

Yes I'll be leaving from Windsor also so we can probably hook up there. Bobby is going to Parker tomorrow for 5 days and I'm going to stay in Havasu but will drop in Parker to run with him Sat/Sun. He will be at my place in Havasu Fathers day weekend but has to go home. I decided to stay there all week and do this run. We are trying to go at least once a month since I got the place.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I'm fairly certain there will be outboards of all sizes & speeds for people to follow. Gonna be a great weekend.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Please remember you will be going into a significant current that will slow you down and take more fuel. Rev & Bully promised Pirates that all of us WILL be there, docked or beached, by 11am. Please respect other peoples time & plan accordingly, or heaven forbid, be early.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Kevin,

View attachment 753992

That dredged channel isn’t dredged anymore. It has filled back in and is extremely shallow!

If you take the no wake zone stick as close to the island as possible.

Luv2gofast

Reaction score
I expect to leave Windsor at 9:00 so I can bounce through all the wakes of all you fast guys...and listen to the sweet music of twins fade off into the distance!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Yes I'll be leaving from Windsor also so we can probably hook up there. Bobby is going to Parker tomorrow for 5 days and I'm going to stay in Havasu but will drop in Parker to run with him Sat/Sun. He will be at my place in Havasu Fathers day weekend but has to go home. I decided to stay there all week and do this run. We are trying to go at least once a month since I got the place.

I will be leaving Windsor early, no problem to follow me, although this time of year its pretty safe with any line. I dont really get on the gas until im through that section, probably be pretty slow in the 50-60 range, once through that section then its safe to double that.

I am not doing any of the zig zagging or hugging the reeds like you have to do in the winter. Past few runs up there its been a straight shot with no problems. Just avoid the no wake zone, thats a shit show with no water in it, total waste of resources to build that thing.