WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outboard prop 101

Booshy

Reaction score
Currently I have a Mercury Eneritia 14.7 x 16P RH
On a mercury Verado 250hp. Boat preforms well and jumps out of the hole and has a decent top
speed. But I would like to play with the prop I have

tell me if I’m understanding this.

14.7 I assume is the diameter of the prop? looking at props I see there are many different sizes similar can you change this size and If you do what will it do?

16p is the pitch? Raise the pitch the more top
speed? Less RPM?

RH self explanatory.

is there any easy math that says if you raise pitch by 1 to a 17p it will give me 5 mph in speed and drop the rpms?

How does one calculate the right Outboard prop??

KingofBeers

Reaction score

The prop school link has some really good info re: props. In very general terms, increase diameter or pitch and rpm will decrease. You idealy want wot rpm to be in the window specified by your engine. What size/pitch you end up with is going to greatly depend on how you want to use the boat.

I buy props like my wife buys bathing suits. Have fun going down the prop buying rabbit hole!

stingray11

Reaction score
Speed depends on your boat motor. combination and set up. As a general rule one inch of pitch change equals 200 RPM so one pitch bigger will decrease RPM by 200
What boat, motor are you running

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score

The prop school link has some really good info re: props. In very general terms, increase diameter or pitch and rpm will decrease. You idealy want wot rpm to be in the window specified by your engine. What size/pitch you end up with is going to greatly depend on how you want to use the boat.

I buy props like my wife buys bathing suits. Have fun going down the prop buying rabbit hole!

Your wife has THAT many bathing suits????????🤣

W.O.T. Marine

Reaction score
We have some demo props avalible at Wide Open Throttle Marine.
I have a variety of the eneritia eco and revolution 4 line

Call us if interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk