WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outdoor kitchen

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
I've heard negative opinions on putting the smoker in the island because of the smoke it creates. I am doing my backyard now and the island is small so smoker won't fit anyway. I'm putting it on my side yard. Not too much of a hassle because as they say, "if you lookin' you and cookin'"

Also, shameless plug here. I'm in SoCal and we do stone tops. With Covid slowing commercial work I am taking on residential stone and cabinet jobs. But these BBQ islands are slam dunk and I'll give you the best deal I can. PM me dimensions and I'll work you up a price. SoCal only. Doesn't make sense to go to Havasu.

Could you replace a concrete countertop with a stone countertop?

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Could you replace a concrete countertop with a stone countertop?

Yes. Ideally you could demo the concrete prior to our install or it might be possible to install on top of the concrete. I can also provide a demo quote but might be cheaper if you get a laborer from Depot. Anyways, answer is yes.

Not sure why you're ditching the concrete but I hear nothing but complaints about concrete tops. My wife wanted one in our kitchen and I said NO WAY, put my foot down on that one.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
We are breaking ground on ours this week. Loosely based on the below designs, we like the idea of the pass through seating for efficiency of space. We have a 39" cabinet/drawer combo going below the grill, a pullout trashcan, and a drop in cooler going in. Ours will also have a pergola going in that will terminate in the island on the front 2 corners.

View attachment 980107
View attachment 980108

Progress pictures. Countertop will waterfall down the front end. Apparently large backorders on pavers so we may be in a holding pattern for a while.
IMG_20210405_112543.jpg

El Chingon

Reaction score

boatpi

Reaction score
The difference in the sink is the one I got has finished in pervious to anything so it’s great for outside and I didn’t want anything large like with a garbage disposal. I wanted to keep it real simple we’re just washing your hands for the most part.

you guys buying one of stuff like outdoor things always search a place like eBay his custom home builders across the country often order extra items and they have leftover one and two pieces are usually pick the stuff up for 10 to 20% normal normal cost.

Riverhound

Reaction score
In progress now... 38" grill, 23" sink, under-counter fridge and bunch of drawers/doors for storage. Traeger will sit on the platform on the other side. Lights and fans will be installed once they finish the pergola.
8FD1551C-66F7-4BFB-A7BB-BE8FA9904A9B_1_105_c.jpeg

Joker

Reaction score
Time to replace our built in grill. What grills are you guys using? I'll look at anything except a Bull product.

Icky

Reaction score
Time to replace our built in grill. What grills are you guys using? I'll look at anything except a Bull product.
I'm poor, so I bought the 40" Lion

El Chingon

Reaction score
The difference in the sink is the one I got has finished in pervious to anything so it’s great for outside and I didn’t want anything large like with a garbage disposal. I wanted to keep it real simple we’re just washing your hands for the most part.

you guys buying one of stuff like outdoor things always search a place like eBay his custom home builders across the country often order extra items and they have leftover one and two pieces are usually pick the stuff up for 10 to 20% normal normal cost.

I was thinking the same thing as far as the sink size, rinsing my hands or needed water. No garbage disposal here. Check offer up too. Scored a deal on a $200 door for $50 brand new. Was only looking for 1 that matched my set up.

Joker

Reaction score
I'm poor, so I bought the 40" Lion
I looked at the Lion grills and it seems the quality is real good. Read that the ceramic flare up grates were recommended

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I like Jackson Grills.
But just cause it’s my last name....
... Jackson, not Grills[emoji2957]

NicPaus

Reaction score

This place on State college has a nice display of options. They also have a lot of appliances. Or Pacific Sales. Good ones are pricey.

Attachments

• 20210318_095154.jpg
    20210318_095154.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 52

One2go

Reaction score
I'm sure there's a lot of bad ass stuff out there ,I shopped all the high end stuff on last house ,pacific sales so forth That stores crazy overpriced IMO on basically everything.Used Kitchen Aid on latest house and totally happy with it. I found BQ 's dont last more than 2-3 years as much as i use them.
IMG_0096.JPG

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Progress pictures on mine, pavers finally were delivered yesterday. Still some stucco work to be finished, paint, pergola (material backorders on that too), then finish the electrical outlets.

Also, there were crazy backorders on the accessories, ordered stuff from BBQ Galore in February, last piece arrived last week.

1621356292539.png

Beerme

Retired...Time for a cold one!
Reaction score
Not sure if it was stated in the thread, but make sure you have counter space next to your BBQ. I made the mistake of not putting enough and its a pain when you are either placing your meat or taking it off.
BBQ.jpg

BBQ 2.jpg