WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outdoor storage?

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
I went about this getting a boat thing bass ackwards, first I got an Allison to pull it, then I found a place at Parker with boat parking and a private ramp and then I found a place to keep it … now all I need is a boat :D

the storage place is really cheep, $1k.year and I can keep my toy hauler there in the summer and my boat there in the winter I have room in my driveway for one but not both unless I park in the street. Problem is it’s outdoors. It’s in corona, a friend of mine has 10 acres and he is not opposed to me building a steel cover on the property to put my shit in. He’s got backhoes and I’m C10 so I can actually run power to the concrete pad. It’s a fair amount of money upfront to build this thing on somebody else’s land but over the long term I’m thinking it would be worth it. Or do I just buy covers and replace every year?

Ideas?

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
As amazing as it might be to have that covered parking at your buddies I'd keep my things at my own place. It's never good to give anyone a carrot they can hold over your head if you have a disagreement in the future.
JMHO

Icky

Reaction score
Storage in Parker costs me 3k a year...... for that much money I could put a new interior in it every couple years and had the gel coat redone........

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I went about this getting a boat thing bass ackwards, first I got an Allison to pull it, then I found a place at Parker with boat parking and a private ramp and then I found a place to keep it … now all I need is a boat :D

the storage place is really cheep, $1k.year and I can keep my toy hauler there in the summer and my boat there in the winter I have room in my driveway for one but not both unless I park in the street. Problem is it’s outdoors. It’s in corona, a friend of mine has 10 acres and he is not opposed to me building a steel cover on the property to put my shit in. He’s got backhoes and I’m C10 so I can actually run power to the concrete pad. It’s a fair amount of money upfront to build this thing on somebody else’s land but over the long term I’m thinking it would be worth it. Or do I just buy covers and replace every year?

Ideas?

Have someone build you a custom cover out of Sunbrella. My first one lasted 7 years outside in Parker. The second one came out even better.

Becka at The Main Stitch built it for me.

20201112_115709.jpg

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Have someone build you a custom cover out of Sunbrella. My first one lasted 7 years outside in Parker. The second one came out even better.

Becka at The Main Stitch built it for me.

View attachment 1052806
How much did it run you?

I think I can a steel cover with top and two sides for $5k that will house my boat and/ or my trailer if I erect it myself. I’m sure my buddy will help me since I am improving his land. And he’s that kind of guy.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
Storage in Parker costs me 3k a year...... for that much money I could put a new interior in it every couple years and had the gel coat redone........
$3k If you can find it. Plunket built a new place off eagle st. and filled it in a few months.

Storing in Parker, the problem is your shit is in Parker so any maintenance you want to do… it’s in Parker. I am of moderate means but I do make enough to keep my wife home with the kids and I’d like to keep it that way.

MPHSystems

Hallett 240
Reaction score
As amazing as it might be to have that covered parking at your buddies I'd keep my things at my own place. It's never good to give anyone a carrot they can hold over your head if you have a disagreement in the future.
JMHO
Ain’t that the truth. I had what I thought was a good friend/neighbor who turned out to be a psycho. I ended up getting a 3 year permanent “stay away injunction” against him, without going into details, getting a RO against a neighbor is almost impossible but it was granted. The only real solution to that issue was I sold and moved 20 miles.

This guy isn’t like that, I’ve known him and his family for years and the are all good peeps.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How much did it run you?

I think I can a steel cover with top and two sides for $5k that will house my boat and/ or my trailer if I erect it myself. I’m sure my buddy will help me since I am improving his land. And he’s that kind of guy.

1600.00 I think?

This is the second cover she's done for me, and I've spent other money with her over the years as well. She did my full stainless Bimini and some interior mods too.

This cover is at least five years old I think? Just the material will be a Lot more today. 😔

Swain

Reaction score
I keep my Pontoon at Cienega Springs Road up the street from the launch ramp

Its $ 60 a month