WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outdrive 1 Shoutout to excellent customer service / Buying and Selling a boat in these current crazy times

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
A quick background, as most people I know have groups of friends that are their age and are not family members, I'm a little different. Without going too deep, I had some things happen in my life the last 8 years that changed my whole outlook and perspective on life, happiness etc. Health issues, friends that let me down, depression, all of it. Of all people, my parents helped me get through these times and rise above with flying colors and became my best friends. Like real best friends that you want to spend all of your time with. Bullshitting, drinking, river trips, traveling, trying newly legal weed with it etc. lol. You see, my parents and I owned a business together that we were all 3 invested in for 24 years. We grew apart due to the fact that we had no spare time and quite honestly, were burnt out on eachother. Owning a family business is taxing especially when it revolves around retail. a real life suck. I'll leave the "quick background and not going too deep" to that.

So here I am 43 years old with best friends that are my parents that are in their early 70's. Age can do some shitty things to you including making river trips not so fun with a smaller boat. Watching them struggle to get in and out of our little hot rod broke my heart. After almost 21 years of owning a 98' 236 Eliminator Eagle, it was time to make a change and move on to a boat that was more user friendly for them and ride better on those choppy water days (which is almost everyday as of the last 1.5 years). After some investigation, we decided on a Tritoon or a deck boat as we felt both would check off all the boxes that we needed. Walk off bow was important. accessibility was also important. The problem was price. Get the F out of here with these prices right now! They are unreal! I would say that everything is about 20-30K over priced in both of these boat genre's. Either way, the clock of life is always ticking and since we aren't buying and selling boats (usually keep all vehicles for 10-20 years), the pricing was justified.

I live in California and the boat was kept in Parker. Listing a boat and driving back and forth to show it just isn't feasible. Sifting through all of the bullshit tire kickers, flippers and scammers doesn't make selling a boat easy these days. Finding someone to manage all of that and find a buyer that is trustworthy and not drama can be difficult as well. Being in sales my entire life, not selling my own boat was tough pill to swallow but made the most sense. I reached out to Paul Gooding at Outdrive 1 Marine Sales. I've known Paul for almost 12 years now. No pressure is where I'll start. He gave me some great advise to get the boat ready and drove over to where the boat was located to take pictures to post the boat up for sale. We agreed on a price and Paul who has a deep reach in social media, started what I would call a drip campaign of posting the boat on his Instagram account first. In parallel, Paul has a lot of good people lined up to buy boats as well. I got an offer within the first few hours on the IG post alone. 1 day later, I got the offer that couldn't be refused and the bolt was sold to an excellent buyer that Paul had lined up looking for my exact boat. Some people don't care who ends up with their old boat and just care about the money. For me, after meticulously caring for my boat for as long as I've had it, Paul knew the buyer was going to be important. The boat couldn't have gone to a better guy that will absolutely continue to care for the boat as I did. Paul got us "all the money" and the transaction could not be easier or more painless. Almost too easy to be honest with you. I'll probably never list my own boat again.

That transaction took place around 4 weeks ago. Now the pressure comes. Trips booked, other family members pissed that I sold the boat without letting them have a shot at it, parents saying "we should have never sold the F'ing boat etc... You see, I decided I would do the same thing we did the first time around and go partners with my Mom on our next boat adventure. Being inventory is low on everything, Paul started sending me listings. Most weren't even his which was above and beyond as he could have just disappeared after selling my boat. I went to Maxed Out Marine as I've known Ricky for years as well and he gets some excellent boats in stock. I worked with Tim who met with us twice and was a wealth of knowledge on two different boats we looked at. We didn't pull the trigger on either and they sold right after we looked at them. Finding a boat is a job right now. It's stressful and getting great help is important so I didn't want to leave him out of this equation.

So while searching the world for the next boat I reached out on Facebook to some "owner groups" asking if anyone was thinking of selling. I got a few and all were for top dollar. I looked at multiple boats while leaning on Paul for advice (mind you he doesn't make a penny off of me buying private party or at what could be his competition). He always would reply via text or phone to give me great advice. It's amazing how someone can put a "roached" boat up for sale for $100K and expect you to pay it! I'm talking about a non detailed high hour boat that has all of their dirty shit in it and tell you they are firm on the price! Just a crazy sad time to be a buyer right now and if you're looking, I feel for you. I had a gentleman that reached out that had a 28 Magic deck and threw me a price. 3 days later (2 weeks ago, My Mom and I are off on the road to look at this boat). Paul told me exactly what to look for, what to watch out for and what he felt on the price. Paul went as far as even going on a test ride with us on the water.

We have a deposit on our "new to us" Magic and are excited to take delivery next weekend. It was a vicious cycle to say the least. I highly recommend reaching out to Paul to get on either side of selling or buying as he keeps his eye out for you. Always being reachable, relationship building and honesty are what I pride myself on in sales and he scored a 10 in all categories.

If you are contemplating selling your boat, I'd at least give him a call for a straight up honest consult. You won't be disappointed.

Paul Gooding - Outdrive Marine Sales

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Great to hear that you were well taken care of in both buying and selling your boats. Paul clearly is a guy who knows what he’s doing and can get boats bought and sold.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Thanks Dave! [emoji106] I’m glad we found something that fits your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Great to hear that you were well taken care of in both buying and selling your boats. Paul clearly is a guy who knows what he’s doing and can get boats bought and sold.

Thanks Dan. [emoji106]

Javajoe

Reaction score
Good Deal. Heard great things about Paul and Tim. Buying a boat is tough. Wife and I looked last year for six straight months and even saw a few boats with Tim. Everyday checking all the sites and everything overpriced and not taken care of. Biggest issue was color. Tough to find a color you like. We only were looking at 28’ Magic decks. Entertained a few other brands. Almost settled until wife found the perfect one. Bought it private party on New Years Eve. Couldn’t be happier. Congrats on the purchase. Now I just need to find a good service shop

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
@River Dave, can we move this to the Props to Business section? This shouldn't get lost in RD's Lounge.

PaPaG

Reaction score
Paul handled something I purchased a while back, COULD NOT HAVE BEEN MORE HAPPY with the way he handled everything. I would not hesitate asking for his help in selling or buying a boat, trailer etc....class act for sure.

Singleton

Reaction score
A quick background, as most people I know have groups of friends that are their age and are not family members, I'm a little different. Without going too deep, I had some things happen in my life the last 8 years that changed my whole outlook and perspective on life, happiness etc. Health issues, friends that let me down, depression, all of it. Of all people, my parents helped me get through these times and rise above with flying colors and became my best friends. Like real best friends that you want to spend all of your time with. Bullshitting, drinking, river trips, traveling, trying newly legal weed with it etc. lol. You see, my parents and I owned a business together that we were all 3 invested in for 24 years. We grew apart due to the fact that we had no spare time and quite honestly, were burnt out on eachother. Owning a family business is taxing especially when it revolves around retail. a real life suck. I'll leave the "quick background and not going too deep" to that.

So here I am 43 years old with best friends that are my parents that are in their early 70's. Age can do some shitty things to you including making river trips not so fun with a smaller boat. Watching them struggle to get in and out of our little hot rod broke my heart. After almost 21 years of owning a 98' 236 Eliminator Eagle, it was time to make a change and move on to a boat that was more user friendly for them and ride better on those choppy water days (which is almost everyday as of the last 1.5 years). After some investigation, we decided on a Tritoon or a deck boat as we felt both would check off all the boxes that we needed. Walk off bow was important. accessibility was also important. The problem was price. Get the F out of here with these prices right now! They are unreal! I would say that everything is about 20-30K over priced in both of these boat genre's. Either way, the clock of life is always ticking and since we aren't buying and selling boats (usually keep all vehicles for 10-20 years), the pricing was justified.

I live in California and the boat was kept in Parker. Listing a boat and driving back and forth to show it just isn't feasible. Sifting through all of the bullshit tire kickers, flippers and scammers doesn't make selling a boat easy these days. Finding someone to manage all of that and find a buyer that is trustworthy and not drama can be difficult as well. Being in sales my entire life, not selling my own boat was tough pill to swallow but made the most sense. I reached out to Paul Gooding at Outdrive 1 Marine Sales. I've known Paul for almost 12 years now. No pressure is where I'll start. He gave me some great advise to get the boat ready and drove over to where the boat was located to take pictures to post the boat up for sale. We agreed on a price and Paul who has a deep reach in social media, started what I would call a drip campaign of posting the boat on his Instagram account first. In parallel, Paul has a lot of good people lined up to buy boats as well. I got an offer within the first few hours on the IG post alone. 1 day later, I got the offer that couldn't be refused and the bolt was sold to an excellent buyer that Paul had lined up looking for my exact boat. Some people don't care who ends up with their old boat and just care about the money. For me, after meticulously caring for my boat for as long as I've had it, Paul knew the buyer was going to be important. The boat couldn't have gone to a better guy that will absolutely continue to care for the boat as I did. Paul got us "all the money" and the transaction could not be easier or more painless. Almost too easy to be honest with you. I'll probably never list my own boat again.

That transaction took place around 4 weeks ago. Now the pressure comes. Trips booked, other family members pissed that I sold the boat without letting them have a shot at it, parents saying "we should have never sold the F'ing boat etc... You see, I decided I would do the same thing we did the first time around and go partners with my Mom on our next boat adventure. Being inventory is low on everything, Paul started sending me listings. Most weren't even his which was above and beyond as he could have just disappeared after selling my boat. I went to Maxed Out Marine as I've known Ricky for years as well and he gets some excellent boats in stock. I worked with Tim who met with us twice and was a wealth of knowledge on two different boats we looked at. We didn't pull the trigger on either and they sold right after we looked at them. Finding a boat is a job right now. It's stressful and getting great help is important so I didn't want to leave him out of this equation.

So while searching the world for the next boat I reached out on Facebook to some "owner groups" asking if anyone was thinking of selling. I got a few and all were for top dollar. I looked at multiple boats while leaning on Paul for advice (mind you he doesn't make a penny off of me buying private party or at what could be his competition). He always would reply via text or phone to give me great advice. It's amazing how someone can put a "roached" boat up for sale for $100K and expect you to pay it! I'm talking about a non detailed high hour boat that has all of their dirty shit in it and tell you they are firm on the price! Just a crazy sad time to be a buyer right now and if you're looking, I feel for you. I had a gentleman that reached out that had a 28 Magic deck and threw me a price. 3 days later (2 weeks ago, My Mom and I are off on the road to look at this boat). Paul told me exactly what to look for, what to watch out for and what he felt on the price. Paul went as far as even going on a test ride with us on the water.

We have a deposit on our "new to us" Magic and are excited to take delivery next weekend. It was a vicious cycle to say the least. I highly recommend reaching out to Paul to get on either side of selling or buying as he keeps his eye out for you. Always being reachable, relationship building and honesty are what I pride myself on in sales and he scored a 10 in all categories.

If you are contemplating selling your boat, I'd at least give him a call for a straight up honest consult. You won't be disappointed.

Paul Gooding - Outdrive Marine Sales

Paul’s a good guy. One of the most honest boat brokers around!
I tell anyone asking me about purchasing a boat, you have Outdrive, MOM and Horizon.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Pauls the man. I tell anyone looking for a boat to contact him.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I’m happy and excited for you Dave! And your family!

As for Paul! It’s hard not to admire the guy! He just does shit right!

Daytona47

Reaction score
Bought my first boat with Paul years back and go to him for advice on anything boat related 👍

Tank

Reaction score
I’ve had dealings with Paul and couldn’t say nicer things about the guy. Really, just a good dude. Straight shooter, respectable, honest, first class, is all I can say. I’d point any and everyone in his direction any day of the week.

Oh and congrats Nord.

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
A quick and painless experience here, I'd do it again. :cool:👍

Joe mama

Reaction score
I feel in times like these OD1 would be a necessity.

Ultra912

Reaction score
May have been my cousins Magic. Blue and White w/Black accents? Well kept for sure

just_floatin

Reaction score
Paul took care of selling my boat a few years back. I just left Paul the keys to my storage unit and he returned my key with a check a couple of weeks later. Seamless transaction and great for us non residents of Lake Havasu. I will contact @Outdrive1 again when I get serious about purchasing another boat. Great customer service as others have stated.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Congrats on selling your boat and finding another one. Paul serviced my boat a couple of times back when he had his shop in Phoenix and did a great job. I've reached to him a few times over the years when I was considering selling my boat to downsize and he was happy to give me his opinion/advice on the current boat market. I ended up deciding to keep my boat, but if I was going to list my boat for sale he is one of the people I would be calling to get it listed.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I’ve had dealings with Paul and couldn’t say nicer things about the guy. Really, just a good dude. Straight shooter, respectable, honest, first class, is all I can say. I’d point any and everyone in his direction any day of the week.

Oh and congrats Nord.
Thank you sir! It’s a rarity these days to find honesty in vehicle sales for sure.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Oddly enough my parents are my best friends too. I’d much rather has my out with them than almost anyone else. Toons are really starting to make a lot of sense to me. I even told my mom last weekend we should start looking

TBulger

Reaction score
Yes, Paul is the great when it comes to buying and selling boats, but if you really want to see him at his best, keep your eye on him around the ladies. He coined the phrase "Chick Magnet".