WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OuterLimits at the Miami Boatshow!

Tank

Reaction score
Great video.

Dan's an interesting guy. Been around boats (and boating forums) since he was a little kid. Dad has had some nice Fountains, Cigarettes and Sutphens. Dan literally walked into the Outerlimits factory as a kid oogling the boats and struck up a conversation with Mike Fiore (founder / owner). Mike was so impressed offered him a job to sweep the floors on the spot. Dan worked his way up in a very short time to basically running the place and went through a LOT of hard times there with Mike's death and then major financing backer Joe Sgro's death later. Dan's come a long way. Good guy. Buddy in the Delta just bought a used 46 Cigarette Rough Rider from him and said the experience was nothing short of spectacular. EXTREMELY knowledgeable about all things offshore powerboats (not just OL).

Rotten deal

Reaction score
Great video.

Dan's an interesting guy. Been around boats (and boating forums) since he was a little kid. Dad has had some nice Fountains, Cigarettes and Sutphens. Dan literally walked into the Outerlimits factory as a kid oogling the boats and struck up a conversation with Mike Fiore (founder / owner). Mike was so impressed offered him a job to sweep the floors on the spot. Dan worked his way up in a very short time to basically running the place and went through a LOT of hard times there with Mike's death and then major financing backer Joe Sgro's death later. Dan's come a long way. Good guy. Buddy in the Delta just bought a used 46 Cigarette Rough Rider from him and said the experience was nothing short of spectacular. EXTREMELY knowledgeable about all things offshore powerboats (not just OL).
I was there with him when he bought the boat. Its is a big bad MOFO. We should make it desert storm.

Tank

Reaction score
I was there with him when he bought the boat. Its is a big bad MOFO. We should make it desert storm.
Matt's a good guy. Glad he's getting back on the water while the Skater fiasco is worked out. And to be getting back on the water in that focker is doing it in STYLE! You guys will DOMINATE the bay in that bitch!! Also happy he passed on American Bad Ass 😳 Sorry to see that it's in the shape it's in.

He said the Rough Rider will be at Desert Storm. Imma have to sneak a ride. Maybe more than just a ride if our boats not done😲 ;)

SixD9R

Reaction score
That’s looks like an awesome boat but unfortunately it might be just a little out of my price range.

rush1

Reaction score
I would love to have their 29' , such a bad ass boat:cool:

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
He’s endangering all of our lives towing with a 1/2 ton though :)
LoL.......happy to say I'm not endangering any lives. Honestly it's like using a shape charge to cut down a tree, extremely effective, but way overkill. The boat is very light and my 2500HD doesn't know it's back there most of the time. 1/2 ton can easily tow one.
IMG_1311.jpg

A 1/2 ton isnt towing one of these though...😁👍
image0.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Man those OuterLimits are something.... here in Newport Harbor we've got a neighbor with one at that size in RDs video. He's had it for around ten years and must've had it muffled to suppress exhaust sound because a few years back I could always hear him starting it up and idling with some big blower sounds.... he's got AZ tags on his rig so he comes and goes from Ca to Az but mostly that boat stays here on his dock on a riser out of the water. I'm thinking the AZ might have some noise ordinances on your waters and perhaps Ca does too.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Man those OuterLimits are something.... here in Newport Harbor we've got a neighbor with one at that size in RDs video. He's had it for around ten years and must've had it muffled to suppress exhaust sound because a few years back I could always hear him starting it up and idling with some big blower sounds.... he's got AZ tags on his rig so he comes and goes from Ca to Az but mostly that boat stays here on his dock on a riser out of the water. I'm thinking the AZ might have some noise ordinances on your waters and perhaps Ca does too.

They all have noise ordinances now... but rarely enforced out here. For awhile it was a big thing, but not so much anymore.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well obviously not finishing up this work.....lol. I'll be down tonight and will hit you up! Awesome pics and videos from Miami🤙

We are leaving tonight or tomorrow am to Goto California for kids mma event.. hit me up on your way down

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
Great video.

I bought mine from Dan...he's a great guy. Knows his stuff.

HCP3

Reaction score
LoL.......happy to say I'm not endangering any lives. Honestly it's like using a shape charge to cut down a tree, extremely effective, but way overkill. The boat is very light and my 2500HD doesn't know it's back there most of the time. 1/2 ton can easily tow one. View attachment 847055

A 1/2 ton isnt towing one of these though...😁👍 View attachment 847056

I always get giddy when I see your SV29 in Havasu. "One day." I tell myself.

The Nor-Tech is OK 😋. Badass.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
LoL.......happy to say I'm not endangering any lives. Honestly it's like using a shape charge to cut down a tree, extremely effective, but way overkill. The boat is very light and my 2500HD doesn't know it's back there most of the time. 1/2 ton can easily tow one. View attachment 847055

A 1/2 ton isnt towing one of these though...😁👍 View attachment 847056
Always liked those 3900 Nor-Techs 👍

Singleton

Reaction score

is the boat named Alien?
owner might be an RDP member

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
He’s endangering all of our lives towing with a 1/2 ton though :)

14A3E360-6E4D-48EC-A19E-540776C54EE3.jpeg

222619BA-A6BC-4545-A8AB-95DCC99C0E73.jpeg

Actually, my buddy’s SV29 OL with 565/ITS/Sporty tows easier than my 23 Daytona at 80 mph. Yes, that’s a half ton Suburban with a 5.3L. The boat weighs 4400 or 4500 ready to run.

He still has this, but also has a carbon 340X MTI with 400R’s, so this is the “spare” boat now. OL could be had but not for cheap.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
View attachment 847492
View attachment 847493

Actually, my buddy’s SV29 OL with 565/ITS/Sporty tows easier than my 23 Daytona at 80 mph. Yes, that’s a half ton Suburban with a 5.3L. The boat weighs 4400 or 4500 ready to run.

He still has this, but also has a carbon 340X MTI with 400R’s, so this is the “spare” boat now. OL could be had but not for cheap.

Don let the RDP towing gestapo find your friend.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
is the boat named Alien?
owner might be an RDP member
It doesn't have a name marked in graphics.... its got orange, red & yellow striped scheme over entire boat. Matter of fact a few years ago I spotted his rig colored in same colored scheme to match. One of those trucks built to tow heavy vessels like you see at the sponsored boat shows.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
They all have noise ordinances now... but rarely enforced out here. For awhile it was a big thing, but not so much anymore.

RD
Oh I see..... as close as his harbor front house is to neighbors I'm sure they're happy about the noise reduction ..... I'm far enough away that I liked that sound. I don't see him out very often and only when its perfect soft santa ana conditions.

DWC

Reaction score
Just left.. kids did great!

View attachment 847577
That’s awesome. Them wanting to compete is bad ass.
Our kids played the regular sports growing up. Nothing was better than MMA/Jiu Jitsu. Our oldest is still a beast on the mats. You can’t replicate the core/grip strength. The mental toughness is a whole different level.

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
I didn't get a chance to see that last year.. That thing is a monster!!

What's the cabin look like down below? Aren't the 50's getting into "sport yacht" territory?

RD

The cabin is pretty big...I have a gen w/AC etc.

But the boat is sporty. All composite with a 5 step bottom, so it doesn’t feel (sluggish) like you expect with a 50’er +.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The cabin is pretty big...I have a gen w/AC etc.

But the boat is sporty. All composite with a 5 step bottom, so it doesn’t feel (sluggish) like you expect with a 50’er +.

You bringing it out again this year?

RD

Havasu Hangin'

Lord of the Drinks
Reaction score
You bringing it out again this year?

RD

Yeah, it’s in Havasu now, so I’ll probably use it there up to Memorial Day.

Do you remember the “Gotta Go” OL at LOTO? He was running 155MPH in the shootout with Merc power. Pretty impressive for a full cabin and warranty power.

So I sipped looking at GTXs and started looking at the newer boats.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s in Havasu now, so I’ll probably use it there up to Memorial Day.

Do you remember the “Gotta Go” OL at LOTO? He was running 155MPH in the shootout with Merc power. Pretty impressive for a full cabin and warranty power.

So I sipped looking at GTXs and started looking at the newer boats.

About the time this years LOTO was going off I was in a drug induced partial coma because of my ankle. Lol. I didn’t even watch it.