WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outerlimits new OB 29 Vee. SICK.

hallett21

Reaction score
The boat actually measures 30’ 1” from bow to the end of the bustle. The orange SV29 did run 100+ with a stock 600SCI and it ran 109mph with the stage 3 kit. I was in the boat every test. As Jonny said with a worked prop the stock 565 boat ran 99mph. My personal SV29 ran 96mph with a stock 565 with a bone stock Maximus and a slightly lower prop shaft height. It would have gone faster with the drive higher and prop testing. It sure surprised bigger boats on poker runs. At Outerlimits we post cure every boat in an oven, not an Autoclave, as we use epoxy resins. As far as I am aware, we are still the only manufacture post curing in an oven. Thank you everyone for your comments. We are really excited for this new OB version and I will guarantee you it will hit 100mph. These new Mercury Racing 300Rs run incredible.

What’s the ballpark cost for this boat with 300s? Does it have any sort of cabin or is this a poker run style boat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I like the lines on it. It really looks to flow well having the eggbeaters tucked in.

HydroSkreamin

StressEliminator
Reaction score
That’s quite the x-dim! Looks like the propshaft is 1-2” above the keel. I wonder how it planes out

We messed around with propshaft height quite a bit on my buddy’s blue one with the 565.

I won’t give the exact propshaft height because it’s not my information to give, but I’ll tell you it’s closer to 2” than 1”.

The boat planed fine with 2 people and half load of fuel with the highest propshaft height, and I personally drove it to 98 on the 5450 rev limit of the 565, running a box stock 32P Maximus. This setup light on fuel would tickle 100 on a cool morning. 101 with a 34 Maximus, but with more slip. Four adults and full fuel made it plane harder, so a more family friendly setup was installed.

We lowered the propshaft by installing a 1/2” spacer. Same 32P Maximus ran 98 light with 2 guys, 97 on a long run full to the cap on fuel, same prop. The 565 is a torquer and pulls well for a dump truck engine. OB’s are going to be nice on this hull, because combined they’re way more torque than a 565 or 600. I think Dan’s white 29 with the 565 may have had the propshaft a tick lower than what we ran on the blue 565 boat. Lower height definitely allowed the prop to reload in bigger waves, and Dan built his boat to run in the snotty waters his poker runs are normally held. I always wanted to machine a spacer to 1/4” and split the difference, but never got around to it. Most people don’t take the time to move their propshaft height at all, much less 1/4” increments. Running all the combinations is how you get the most out of your setup, but it’s hours of work and testing.

I can tell you they’re light because my old 5.3L Suburban at the time had no problem keeping up with traffic on the interstate with the blue 565 boat in tow.

7C4D8B71-4DF5-4347-87B6-4344C03CB80F.jpeg
46FFD5AE-D920-4966-91FF-4DD0EE8D17B5.jpeg
E24FF214-3BDA-4A4D-874E-CBC986816753.jpeg

I hope I get to experience this OB combination.

Last edited:

GregG

Reaction score
This 29 with OB V8's and power jack plates is going to make for one versatile wave crusher. Super impressive lines with the 300 R's.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
We messed around with propshaft height quite a bit on my buddy’s blue one with the 565.

I won’t give the exact propshaft height because it’s not my information to give, but I’ll tell you it’s closer to 2” than 1”.

The boat planed fine with 2 people and half load of fuel with the highest propshaft height, and I personally drove it to 98 on the 5450 rev limit of the 565, running a box stock 32P Maximus. This setup light on fuel would tickle 100 on a cool morning. 101 with a 34 Maximus, but with more slip. Four adults and full fuel made it plane harder, so a more family friendly setup was installed.

We lowered the propshaft by installing a 1/2” spacer. Same 32P Maximus ran 98 light with 2 guys, 97 on a long run full to the cap on fuel, same prop. The 565 is a torquer and pulls well for a dump truck engine. OB’s are going to be nice on this hull, because combined they’re way more torque than a 565 or 600. I think Dan’s white 29 with the 565 may have had the propshaft a tick lower than what we ran on the blue 565 boat. Lower height definitely allowed the prop to reload in bigger waves, and Dan built his boat to run in the snotty waters his poker runs are normally held. I always wanted to machine a spacer to 1/4” and split the difference, but never got around to it. Most people don’t take the time to move their propshaft height at all, much less 1/4” increments. Running all the combinations is how you get the most out of your setup, but it’s hours of work and testing.

I can tell you they’re light because my old 5.3L Suburban at the time had no problem keeping up with traffic on the interstate with the blue 565 boat in tow.

View attachment 937803 View attachment 937804 View attachment 937805

I hope I get to experience this OB combination.

Did this one have a cabin?

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Really sweet. Would be a perfect boat for us. Perhaps some day...

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Most boats with built in swim platforms, or bussels are measured from the bow to the end of the swim platform. This is standard since the early 90 's when built in swim platform became the norm. If the boat has a bolt on swim platform, its. Not counted in length. Don't understand why some people seem to be so confused.
My formula is that way, on paper it is listed as 27'1" but stem to stern is actually 26' flat

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

E4L

Reaction score
Good looking boat

Blubyu

Reaction score
Wow I didn’t realize it was that small. I thought these boats were 28-29’.

Lord M((Squared))

Reaction score
Wow I didn’t realize it was that small. I thought these boats were 28-29’.

It's really not that small....they do measure a true 29' and change. I figured since I currently own one I should probably clarify that fact for everyone...... and anyone who knows my close friend Travis Barron {My vertically challenged Brother 🤣} is welcome to ask him also since we both measured the boat right after I picked it up. Travis and I have done all setup work on the boat like the ITS setup and he and I are probably the only two people on the west coast to have as much testing time on this hull as the boys back in Bristol
20200112_152136.jpg
I will say there is no other 28 to 29' single engine vee with a full cabin, cup holders ect...that will even run close to the numbers the SV29 can put up with stock Mercury Racing power under the hatch......period!!!! And before all the Tuff 28 fan boys have a melt down......when a Tuff 28 is able to comfortably run 85-90+mph in Desert Storm water conditions or really any normal busy summer weekend Havasu water then come talk to me because otherwise the SV29 will simply run circles around the Tuff in these conditions. I personally love the Tuff boats for what they are {a fast calm water rocket with no cabin} but in real world conditions that the average owner will generally find themselves in like during a Poker run event......I'm sorry the OL will walk away from it all day long. Now are there faster single engine vee's out there...sure without question...but now your talking serious $$$ in a custom motor package and last time I checked a custom Teague motor is a tad bit more expensive than a stock Mercury Racing 600sci. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a turn key triple digit running boat that is as efficient as it is fast. This new O/B edition will really make it much easier for a less experienced new owner to run the boat to it's limits comfortably. Look It's no secret that any single engine vee that's capable of rolling north of 100mph requires a driver to have a higher skill set behind the wheel and on the stick to keep the boat shiny side up. That being said.....really anyone with a little boating experience is capable of running the boat 80mph comfortably after a few basic pointers, so having the twin egg beaters bolted on the back will make it much less demanding {and less scary} for a new owner when exploring the upper top end speeds because it will be a much more stable platform. Now a little something less known is that it{sv29} has the same similar running characteristics of it's larger siblings like the sv43 so moving up in size becomes a much easier transition and vice versa. The best part is with it's unique and sexy look on the water you simply can't mistake it for anything other than an Outerlimits🤙

Tank

Reaction score
Some more info and detailed pics from SOTW.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's really not that small....they do measure a true 29' and change. I figured since I currently own one I should probably clarify that fact for everyone...... and anyone who knows my close friend Travis Barron {My vertically challenged Brother 🤣} is welcome to ask him also since we both measured the boat right after I picked it up. Travis and I have done all setup work on the boat like the ITS setup and he and I are probably the only two people on the west coast to have as much testing time on this hull as the boys back in Bristol View attachment 939301 I will say there is no other 28 to 29' single engine vee with a full cabin, cup holders ect...that will even run close to the numbers the SV29 can put up with stock Mercury Racing power under the hatch......period!!!! And before all the Tuff 28 fan boys have a melt down......when a Tuff 28 is able to comfortably run 85-90+mph in Desert Storm water conditions or really any normal busy summer weekend Havasu water then come talk to me because otherwise the SV29 will simply run circles around the Tuff in these conditions. I personally love the Tuff boats for what they are {a fast calm water rocket with no cabin} but in real world conditions that the average owner will generally find themselves in like during a Poker run event......I'm sorry the OL will walk away from it all day long. Now are there faster single engine vee's out there...sure without question...but now your talking serious $$$ in a custom motor package and last time I checked a custom Teague motor is a tad bit more expensive than a stock Mercury Racing 600sci. I can't tell you how nice it is to have a turn key triple digit running boat that is as efficient as it is fast. This new O/B edition will really make it much easier for a less experienced new owner to run the boat to it's limits comfortably. Look It's no secret that any single engine vee that's capable of rolling north of 100mph requires a driver to have a higher skill set behind the wheel and on the stick to keep the boat shiny side up. That being said.....really anyone with a little boating experience is capable of running the boat 80mph comfortably after a few basic pointers, so having the twin egg beaters bolted on the back will make it much less demanding {and less scary} for a new owner when exploring the upper top end speeds because it will be a much more stable platform. Now a little something less known is that it{sv29} has the same similar running characteristics of it's larger siblings like the sv43 so moving up in size becomes a much easier transition and vice versa. The best part is with it's unique and sexy look on the water you simply can't mistake it for anything other than an Outerlimits🤙

I love the fact that you never settle for status quo and are constantly testing different setups in your OL!

Tank

Reaction score
Saw this pic today and thought about the “climbing yo the transom” discussion. Looks like it was be zero issue to step on the tab and step right up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
51BD64C1-D883-4D75-936C-FD93A69DDE0A.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Saw this pic today and thought about the “climbing yo the transom” discussion. Looks like it was be zero issue to step on the tab and step right up. 🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 953056

For Wilt Chamberlain, sure. :)

Any one with a mobility issue or short, that might be a “tall” order.

HCP3

Reaction score
View attachment 953056

There is a way up onto the boat... But what do you do realistically to get in after jumping in the water? Foot on the tab, grab the cowling, hope your other foot doesn't snag your other leg on the prop...

Tank

Reaction score
You guys are funny. Just saying. It’s doable. Climbed onto the hatch of many a boat with no swim step or blower scoops or fiber glassed engine hatch. You make it work. Like my buddy used to always say, “sometimes, you gotta give some to get some”

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
You guys are funny. Just saying. It’s doable. Climbed onto the hatch of many a boat with no swim step or blower scoops or fiber glassed engine hatch. You make it work. Like my buddy used to always say, “sometimes, you gotta give some to get some”

It is doable for sure.

It’s like saying getting in and out of a NASCAR is doable. Getting in and out of your SUV is just way easier.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I don’t see it on that boat, and not sure it would work, but I’ve seen Outerlimits using these integrated swim ladders which are kinda cool.
0E457EA1-2661-4487-B695-0BA3222DC6A1.jpeg
1B14227D-4344-4A8F-9D09-EA32063C5BFF.jpeg

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Although the new outboard 29 SV is way out of my league, I continue to monitor what ever is posted on the hand full of 2012/16 IO boats that were built. Without a doubt, I can envision one of these as my next boat If the price was right. Regardless of power, these boats are the epitome of a perfect performance boat in this size..