WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outlaw Nationals at Sundance this weekend

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Not sure what this tells us about this Forum and the future of power boat racing in general. So far over 50 replies and over 3,000 reactions to the Outlaw Nationals at Sundance while the 75th Annual SCSC Thanksgiving Regatta at Parker has generated just 4 replies and about 400 reactions. Anything wrong with this picture?

It says there’s more interest in Hot Boat regatta’s than circle races. Comparably, you have the Street Outlaws tv show getting more viewership than NHRA. Seems crazy but it’s true.

My River Rat videos have always outpaced my racing stuff both in DVD sales and youtube viewership.

Next time you see me, lets talk about this. I have some theory's I can share with you. 🙂

sintax

Reaction score
It says there’s more interest in Hot Boat regatta’s than circle races. Comparably, you have the Street Outlaws tv show getting more viewership than NHRA. Seems crazy but it’s true.

My River Rat videos have always outpaced my racing stuff both in DVD sales and youtube viewership.

Next time you see me, lets talk about this. I have some theory's I can share with you. 🙂

Are you going to be out at Wades event on New Years Day?

cofooter

Reaction score
Pretty sure they don't close the river, they monitor it, in fact 4 years ago a boat drove by unknowing person just cruising along didn't know there was an non-event going on, everyone on echo side was yelling at him and he slowed down to idle. Problem was Scott Steele was taking his turn and and had come in from echo ramp and making turn at sandbar for a pass, he had no ideal of a boat wake and hit it at full speed, boat stood straight up nose to the sky, I got a sick feeling in my stomach and was thinking the worse, boat landed and Scott got right back into it, dude has some big balls for sure. Its not a race just people making passes, which happen every weekend of the summer.
I did see they had a boat stationary with a big sign on it down river near Fox's. Did not see what the sign said, but it looked like it was clearly meant for boaters heading upriver.

Dana757

Reaction score
I did see they had a boat stationary with a big sign on it down river near Fox's. Did not see what the sign said, but it looked like it was clearly meant for boaters heading upriver.
It was asking for no wake. For the most part the signs worked … except my first run. But even still, much better than when I normally drive past Sundance.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score

Hi Jerry -- I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've had this argument with boat racing officials in almost every category of the sport since 1970 -- boat races are largely organized for the racers with minute rules that no one except a few racers know, understand or appreciate. Fans and spectators are mostly left out of the entertainment and enjoyment equation. So what are we left with....smaller and smaller boat counts on the race course and dwindling paying spectator audiences.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Hi Jerry -- I think you've hit the nail on the head. I've had this argument with boat racing officials in almost every category of the sport since 1970 -- boat races are largely organized for the racers with minute rules that no one except a few racers know, understand or appreciate. Fans and spectators are mostly left out of the entertainment and enjoyment equation. So what are we left with....smaller and smaller boat counts on the race course and dwindling paying spectator audiences.
has RD completed his video documentary on the subject?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
IMG_8887 (2).JPG
IMG_8886.JPG
IMG_8884.JPG
@Wmc
IMG_8883.JPG

Reactions: Wmc