WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Outlaw Nationals second run

Dana757

Reaction score
Ok here we go. This is video of the second run. The goal that day was really to just run the boat and not run out of talent. After the fact I was kinda down on myself for how I drove. But after reviewing the tape ....... I did alright alright.
πŸ™‚
Not where I need to be but it will come around fairly quick I think. Anyhoo, take a look.

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
Good job, the new power is a game changer.:)
Little more seat time and you'll be there. Have fun and keep the videos coming. πŸ‘

Sherpa

Reaction score
nice! Dana, how would compare the difference between your other motor to the new alky deal?

--Sherpa

so whatcha gonna do with the gasser motor?

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
does anybody have a shot from the dock of your run?

Dana757

Reaction score
I saw one of my first run and that one was pretty snoozer. Haven't come across anything from this run yet.

sintax

Reaction score

I saw one of my first run and that one was pretty snoozer. Haven't come across anything from this run yet.

I think i was too far back to get a good shot, we were on the main dock, but up on the back benches. I'll double check my phone and see what i got.

Dana757

Reaction score
nice! Dana, how would compare the difference between your other motor to the new alky deal?

--Sherpa

so whatcha gonna do with the gasser motor?
The gas engine was used as a base for this go around. Sold the old blower and a few other items.

Gas = punched in the face by the biggest dude in the bar.
Alky = punched in the face by Mike Tyson in his prime.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Even with my arrogance and attitude...my ass would have run out of talent shortly after leaving the trailer.
Motor sounds real healthy, didn't seem to miss a beat at all. Damn, I could listen to it idle all day...well, with the occasional throttle blip!

You went out, hauled ass, and made it back on the trailer...that's a good trip.

rightytighty

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Amazed how well your boat takes the power. Looks so bad ass!

love the safety gear but noticed you messing with the helmet(looked like it was lifting). Restraints might be a good addition when you are pushing it. Bucketing would be bad

thanks again!

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Amazed how well your boat takes the power. Looks so bad ass!

love the safety gear but noticed you messing with the helmet(looked like it was lifting). Restraints might be a good addition when you are pushing it. Bucketing would be bad

thanks again!
Yeah, I wasn't going to say anything, but definitely a better fitting helmet is in order. I've been through some of that at ski racing speeds driving a boat.

I was up on the roof, I know Jason Naylor was shooting video up there along with a few others.

Dana757

Reaction score

thanks again!

yes some restraints would be good. But for the most part I’m not used to wearing a helmet. Every time I reached up there to see if it was lifting it wasn’t. Restraints would still be good so it doesn’t try to rip my head off if I happen to go for a swim. Need some ballistic shorts and have my jacket re-certified too. It’s only 16 years out of date. lol

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Looks like your jacket (old poofy style) is pushing your helmet up. The newer lifelines will help with that. I would recommend going to Parker and visiting Kent at lifeline He is great people and would get you into a nice jacket that fits and won’t push up your helmet.

rrrr

Reaction score
yes some restraints would be good. But for the most part I’m not used to wearing a helmet. Every time I reached up there to see if it was lifting it wasn’t. Restraints would still be good so it doesn’t try to rip my head off if I happen to go for a swim. Need some ballistic shorts and have my jacket re-certified too. It’s only 16 years out of date. lol

I know you're aware of the dangers present in pushing that go pedal, but I hope you won't mind me admonishing you to get your safety gear in order before the boat is in the water again.

You are important to the people that love you, and also to all that are your friends and participants in running the river.

'Nuff said about that. I want to compliment you on building such a beautiful boat. There's no doubt it took dedication and skill to put it all together, and we're all digging the result. Thanks for sharing the videos and your thoughts about the adventure.

Dana757

Reaction score
Looks like your jacket (old poofy style) is pushing your helmet up. The newer lifelines will help with that. I would recommend going to Parker and visiting Kent at lifeline He is great people and would get you into a nice jacket that fits and won’t push up your helmet.

Kent told me the floatation absorbs over time. I’ve had it redone a few times before and it’s not puffy when I get it back. When you see a puffy one like mine you know it’s way out of date. I’ll send it in and see what he says. I’m attached to it but will buy another if he says I should.

Last edited:

Dana757

Reaction score
I know you're aware of the dangers present in pushing that go pedal, but I hope you won't mind me admonishing you to get your safety gear in order before the boat is in the water again.

You are important to the people that love you, and also to all that are your friends and participants in running the river.

'Nuff said about that. I want to compliment you on building such a beautiful boat. There's no doubt it took dedication and skill to put it all together, and we're all digging the result. Thanks for sharing the videos and your thoughts about the adventure.

So topless burnouts the length of the bar is a bad idea?? lol
I hear you and appreciate the concern. And thanks for the kind words on the boat. Means a lot coming from a guy like you.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I’ve been waiting for this video- completely bad ass!!! Thanks!! Sounds and looks awesome

dezrtracer

Reaction score
Bad ass video ! You did a great job with the new power . Wish I could have made it to the Outlaw deal this year .

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
That RPM is nuts! What kind of speeds are you seeing? I keep watching the video over and over.

76sanger

Reaction score
Always has been a dream to own a k-boat. Just so cool to get the in boat experience. Man the alkyl motor just comes alive right now doesnt it. No comparison to the gas motor.
Question, how much down pedal are you using when you get on it Dana?

bocco

Reaction score
You could be the new "Ups and Downs" poster but from the drivers seat. Boat looks great. Even the gas tank is cool.

rrrr

Reaction score
I hear you and appreciate the concern. And thanks for the kind words on the boat. Means a lot coming from a guy like you.

Whatever you want to do I'll watch. 😁

In retirement I'm reduced to doing laundry and cleaning the cat boxes. πŸ€ͺ

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
Ok here we go. This is video of the second run. The goal that day was really to just run the boat and not run out of talent. After the fact I was kinda down on myself for how I drove. But after reviewing the tape ....... I did alright alright.
πŸ™‚
Not where I need to be but it will come around fairly quick I think. Anyhoo, take a look.

man that was fun to watch! the onboard cam does really give a small sense or what its like to be there. can't imagine how hard that thing is gonna hit once you get used to it!

Dana757

Reaction score
Always has been a dream to own a k-boat. Just so cool to get the in boat experience. Man the alkyl motor just comes alive right now doesnt it. No comparison to the gas motor.
Question, how much down pedal are you using when you get on it Dana?

You know it happens so fast that there's really no time to think about it. I would think from a 50mph roll pretty much all of it. With that said you have to lighten up on it just as fast as you get on it. If you run it on the nose to much at speed it tends to bow steer as can be seen in this video. All the talent is in the left leg and I have some work to do in that area.

Dana757

Reaction score
That RPM is nuts! What kind of speeds are you seeing? I keep watching the video over and over.
I unknowingly had the GPS function turned off on the GoPro so no clue on speed. It was 6,500ish rpm it looks like. Should be another 1,000 or so left in the tank. =^^=

Dana757

Reaction score
man that was fun to watch! the onboard cam does really give a small sense or what its like to be there. can't imagine how hard that thing is gonna hit once you get used to it!
Thanks!! And yeah, it just leaves out the I'm gonna die sensation. lol Tell Newbern I wanna take him for a ride. =^^=

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
πŸ™‚

How much hp. What size blower and what speed do you hit