WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Over it, am wrong?

LC925

Reaction score
Excuse the grammar in advance, just venting!!!!

So we had our daughters 1 year check up at the local Kaiser. Walk in to the building, check in and fill out their sheet while we wait to be called. They call our daughter’s name, we walk up to the door as usual, “oh sorry only one of you may come in with her!” Now I am the calmest person EVER, but for some reason, I was just like “excuse me?” Nurse repeats her self. I explain that we are both complying with the mask 😷 they want so what’s the issue?

She explains that due to Covid, only 1 parent is allowed. But then says “the rooms are small so two don’t really fit!” Well my instant response was “have the rooms been remodeled since end of February because we both fit then?” I take a breathe and began to say that I understand she’s just doing her part, so just reschedule us for when we can both accompany our daughter. After all, my wife took half the day off of work to be there with us. She states she will check with the doctor to see if she can allow us both in. I follow up by asking what this check up will provide. Vaccine boosters. All the vaccines she’s already had at her 6 months and 9 months and a Flu shot if I wanted her to have the latest and greatest one 🙄!

We step in to the waiting room while she talks to the doctor. I ask my wife if she is ok with me declining the appointment if we can’t both be in there and she was a go. Nurse returns, states sorry no go. I said ok well let’s take her height and weight (what I really wanted) while I decide. Wife steps out, I take baby in. Measure and scale and into the room. Before the doctor walks in, I tell the nurse “thanks but I don’t feel comfortable giving my daughter shots if we aren’t both present.” I know drama queen, but not sure why this was the straw that broke the camels back! I continue to say “we have lost too many people in these days that we couldn’t even say bye too because of this covid crap and I’m done missing out on life events, this being one. Please reschedule until we can both be here.” I begin to dress my daughter. She says “no please don’t go, let’s have this conversation with the doctor!” I said “no thanks, she already decided it’s a no go” and we left.

I felt like this was my day, my day to say this is it for me. I’m done with this non sense!

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your unexpected situation. I'm a highly protective father of 2 daughters also but just to confirm, you were only there to get some routine vaccinations for your child? I think Kaiser's policy of one parent only is just to limit their staffs contact with the public due to covid but this also helps ensure your families safety while they are providing medical service to you. Would you really want a kaiser tech who was asymptomatic treating your daughter? Of course not so the less close contact they have during business is less chance if them acquiring covid and infecting a patient they are treating.

Just my thoughts. You do what you feel is best for your family always....good luck.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Amen i just wish more would take the same stand you did. It will take these stands to get our lives back to a semi normal. Only thing I’d have done differently is not to have had the weight and height and refused the whole app as now they get to charge you and or your insurance. And these days they are there for the money not the pledge they took to better people.
Hitting their pocket is the only way at thrill is point in my opinion.

cxr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your unexpected situation. I'm a highly protective father of 2 daughters also but just to confirm, you were only there to get some routine vaccinations for your child? I think Kaiser's policy of one parent only is just to limit their staffs contact with the public due to covid but this also helps ensure your families safety while they are providing medical service to you. Would you really want a kaiser tech who was asymptomatic treating your daughter? Of course not so the less close contact they have during business is less chance if them acquiring covid and infecting a patient they are treating.

Just my thoughts. You do what you feel is best for your family always....good luck.

This, and its not only kaiser but most Medical centers in the age of Covid.

routinely they owuld not allowed it, but once you are in the room and making first world problem out of it, customer service would of kicked in and im sure the doc would of relented and allowed it.

but whether you beleive in Covid or not, it is out there and this policy is in placefor your protection as well as the family before and after you.

LC925

Reaction score

Being my first child, I didn’t know what it was for. They are all preventative check ups as far as I know. If I would have known it was nothing “necessary” then I would have just not confirmed the appointment. This was one of the appointments they set for “follow ups” I suppose.

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Being my first child, I didn’t know what it was for. They are all preventative check ups as far as I know. If I would have known it was nothing “necessary” then I would have just not confirmed the appointment. This was one of the appointments they set for “follow ups” I suppose.
This shit bugs me too. Whatever you do, don’t let them bully you when it comes to your kids. And they 100% will try to guilt you.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score

Your reaction is perfectly understandable as a new father but I think if you take a closer look why they are implementing this one parent procedure you might conclude it's for patent safety reasons. Mine are 10 and 16 now and I still hover over them like a protective shield.

Congrats on becoming a father. It is a life changing experience that you will truly enjoy.

Icky

Reaction score
We have our 1 year check up coming up in a week. I'm not sure what I'll do. We did stagger all his shots so he's probably due for some, as I dont like the cocktail shot. I feel like there's a whole lot more than when I was a kid

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Our oldest is vaccinated, second and 3rd are not. They both have had some substantial reactions to them so they don't get them. Finising a doctor or facility that understands can be difficult at times, even more so during this covid bullshit, but it is the best for my kids. Doing the best for your own kids, however their situations requires is the best thing a parent can do for them.

Just imagine expecting your first kid with all this bullshit and you, the father, cannot be in the room. Now imagine a mom getting the worst possible news ever, and her husband/partner/friend/mother/whoever couldn't be in there for the worst moment in her life....... but hey, if it saves just one life......

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
This, and its not only kaiser but most Medical centers in the age of Covid.

routinely they owuld not allowed it, but once you are in the room and making first world problem out of it, customer service would of kicked in and im sure the doc would of relented and allowed it.

but whether you beleive in Covid or not, it is out there and this policy is in placefor your protection as well as the family before and after you.

I agree 100%, it's like the Poor Greeter at Wallmart, or other businesses that are just following the Mandates from the Feds, States, or Cities or face Fines or Shut Downs. Bless these people as they Are working VS laying around Pulling God knows what on Unemployment. This life at times gives a choice to accomplish desires one is the Easy way the other ?
I have sympathy for All people working in the Service Industries during this "BUG" deal. I have Super Sympathy for those in the Health Services, talk about the Medal Of Honor. Happy Hour Daily would be a Must if it were me.

LC925

Reaction score
We have our 1 year check up coming up in a week. I'm not sure what I'll do. We did stagger all his shots so he's probably due for some, as I dont like the cocktail shot. I feel like there's a whole lot more than when I was a kid

Yeah there’s a laundry list of shots 🙄

LC925

Reaction score
I agree 100%, it's like the Poor Greeter at Wallmart, or other businesses that are just following the Mandates from the Feds, States, or Cities or face Fines or Shut Downs. Bless these people as they Are working VS laying around Pulling God knows what on Unemployment. This life at times gives a choice to accomplish desires one is the Easy way the other ?
I have sympathy for All people working in the Service Industries during this "BUG" deal. I have Super Sympathy for those in the Health Services, talk about the Medal Of Honor. Happy Hour Daily would be a Must if it were me.

I 100% respect our doctors and nurses and all first responders, plenty in the family. Even called one right after leaving to vent. Her response was “Ask Kaiser why they don’t allow two of you in the room for ‘social distancing’ but have a morning meeting every day with 30 employees crammed in a 10 person room standing shoulder to shoulder and see what their response is to that!” I was not rude to the nurse whatsoever. If we couldn’t both go in, no worries, just reschedule. It’s the “California ‘man’” I’m fed up with.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I 100% respect our doctors and nurses and all first responders, plenty in the family. Even called one right after leaving to vent. Her response was “Ask Kaiser why they don’t allow two of you in the room for ‘social distancing’ but have a morning meeting every day with 30 employees crammed in a 10 person room standing shoulder to shoulder and see what their response is to that!” I was not rude to the nurse whatsoever. If we couldn’t both go in, no worries, just reschedule. It’s the “California ‘man’” I’m fed up with.

Just have to understand the Employees side of this Whole Situation., it's Damned if they Do and Damned if they Don't. I guess after years of working "THAT" side of the Counter/Bar etc. I look at things as the "Customer" is Not always Right.

I understand your New Parent deal and these are very crazy times we are living in.

LC925

Reaction score
Just have to understand the Employees side of this Whole Situation., it's Damned if they Do and Damned if they Don't. I guess after years of working "THAT" side of the Counter/Bar etc. I look at things as the "Customer" is Not always Right.

I understand your New Parent deal and these are very crazy times we are living in.

Agreed. I’m on the customer service side of things as well so can see both sides.

Maybe my mistake was not identifying as a child and my wife could have been the 1 parent 🤣

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Gotta be honest you showed guts today.. I can tell you my kids story later.

Thank you for not giving in... Control has gone to far, especially over there... It's insane.

It's no longer about a virus... It's about control.

RD

K-DOG

Reaction score
I agree that the restrictions are too much but it is more about keeping the staff as safe as possible. My wife is a nurse so we understand why they are in place, but again don't necessarily agree with them. I had my daughters 1 year appt last Thursday with Kaiser. I took her and she received all her shots and I was out of there in 20 min. To each their own.

RodnJen

Reaction score

So we had our daughters 1 year check up at the local Kaiser. Walk in to the building, check in and fill out their sheet while we wait to be called. They call our daughter’s name, we walk up to the door as usual, “oh sorry only one of you may come in with her!” Now I am the calmest person EVER, but for some reason, I was just like “excuse me?” Nurse repeats her self. I explain that we are both complying with the mask 😷 they want so what’s the issue?

She explains that due to Covid, only 1 parent is allowed. But then says “the rooms are small so two don’t really fit!” Well my instant response was “have the rooms been remodeled since end of February because we both fit then?” I take a breathe and began to say that I understand she’s just doing her part, so just reschedule us for when we can both accompany our daughter. After all, my wife took half the day off of work to be there with us. She states she will check with the doctor to see if she can allow us both in. I follow up by asking what this check up will provide. Vaccine boosters. All the vaccines she’s already had at her 6 months and 9 months and a Flu shot if I wanted her to have the latest and greatest one 🙄!

We step in to the waiting room while she talks to the doctor. I ask my wife if she is ok with me declining the appointment if we can’t both be in there and she was a go. Nurse returns, states sorry no go. I said ok well let’s take her height and weight (what I really wanted) while I decide. Wife steps out, I take baby in. Measure and scale and into the room. Before the doctor walks in, I tell the nurse “thanks but I don’t feel comfortable giving my daughter shots if we aren’t both present.” I know drama queen, but not sure why this was the straw that broke the camels back! I continue to say “we have lost too many people in these days that we couldn’t even say bye too because of this covid crap and I’m done missing out on life events, this being one. Please reschedule until we can both be here.” I begin to dress my daughter. She says “no please don’t go, let’s have this conversation with the doctor!” I said “no thanks, she already decided it’s a no go” and we left.

I felt like this was my day, my day to say this is it for me. I’m done with this non sense!

In my opinion, a bit of an overreaction on your part. Those Healthcare workers are exposed to dozens of people a day. They have protocols in place to protect themselves, and their patients, so they can continue to do their jobs. If someone gets exposed and they have to shut down the office, nobody benefits.

It’s not about control and there is nothing nefarious going on. Believe me, they all wish it would just get back to normal just as much as the rest of us.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Glad to hear you stuck to your beliefs. A lot has been posted here about how we should understand the workers are trying to be safe. OK that’s all well and good and I wholly support that which accomplishes that goal - but the actions must be actually designed to accomplish that.

Limiting to one parent is hogwash! If anyone in the family your policies act to separate are symptomatic or asymptomatic then NO one should be allowed contact. It is truly none or all in this case

dspracing

Reaction score
I agree completely with your decision. We have no reason to believe that they won't keep these policies in place permanently after this little test run. If we give the workers a little pushback, cancel appointments, etc they will of course report this to management who will hopefully opt to repeal these policies at some point. If we all move along like good little sheep, the money still flows and they have 1/2 as many parents in attendance, why would they ever go back to the old ways?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

There are about 4 to 5 TIMES as many as there were 25 years ago. One of the mandated shots is for CHICKEN POX! I coulnt believe that when I found that one out.

In my opinion, a bit of an overreaction on your part. Those Healthcare workers are exposed to dozens of people a day. They have protocols in place to protect themselves, and their patients, so they can continue to do their jobs. If someone gets exposed and they have to shut down the office, nobody benefits.

It’s not about control and there is nothing nefarious going on. Believe me, they all wish it would just get back to normal just as much as the rest of us.

Business really dont get shut down for confirmed cases anymore. At least that is not happening here or anywhere else that I have heard. That was the case a few months ago but since the CDC said the virus really doesnt transfer from service contact, that protocol has been damn near eliminated. I mean, thank god Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. shut down and "sanitized" everything after each case tracked back through one of those stores..... Oh.... wait a minute..... :rolleyes:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Glad to hear you stuck to your beliefs. A lot has been posted here about how we should understand the workers are trying to be safe. OK that’s all well and good and I wholly support that which accomplishes that goal - but the actions must be actually designed to accomplish that.

Limiting to one parent is hogwash! If anyone in the family your policies act to separate are symptomatic or asymptomatic then NO one should be allowed contact. It is truly none or all in this case
Do not use logic in these tough times! You must think of Timmy's Grandma!!!!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Thanks, it does seem this logic you speak of does cause more problems sometimes. Lol

Singleton

Reaction score
I call it Covid fatigue. You did nothing wrong. Everyone has their breaking point.
This stuff is getting out of hand and no one can say when we get to what life was like before Covid. I always ask that question and the goal posts keep moving.

Andy B.

Reaction score

Fuck no fuck this covid bullshit there is no reason period!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
6 more weeks and Covid disappears.
One way or another.

Well, it’ll still be around but we won’t be committing national suicide to avoid it.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

This entire year has been one of over reaction.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Good for you! Civil disobedience is required during these times of tyranny. If we all did this respectfully as you did, this BS would go away sooner than later.

500bbc

Reaction score

Should have told them you were all there to riot...

500bbc

Reaction score

They, not meaning the leftist scum bag politicians you support. This is nothing more than the fucking Biden Virus.

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Good job OP. My first baby son is due 4 weeks from today. I haven’t been to an appointment with my wife since February due to Covid regulations. The hospital in Phoenix where she’s going to deliver has a 3rd floor maternity only entrance which has been shut down due to Covid. They are only allowing one person in with her for delivery, me of course, which is great for me because that means no in laws there to fuck it up. They’ve told us that if we get to the hospital and they do their rapid COVID tests and either one of us has it, I will be sent packing and she will have to deliver on her own. This whole process has been fucked from March onwards. Looking forward to a healthy delivery and getting back to normal November 4th when Trump is re-elected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grumpy88

Reaction score
There are about 4 to 5 TIMES as many as there were 25 years ago. One of the mandated shots is for CHICKEN POX! I coulnt believe that when I found that one out.

Business really dont get shut down for confirmed cases anymore. At least that is not happening here or anywhere else that I have heard. That was the case a few months ago but since the CDC said the virus really doesnt transfer from service contact, that protocol has been damn near eliminated. I mean, thank god Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc. shut down and "sanitized" everything after each case tracked back through one of those stores..... Oh.... wait a minute..... :rolleyes:
Honest question . Whats wrong with a chicken pox vaccine ?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It's a serious matter when I have elderly inlaws that go to the doctor and can't recall a damn thing they were told by the doc.
We'll ask why was penicillin prescribed for you? Idk is their answer.
Don't they know you're allergic to it? Again, Idk is their answer.
Makes for a lot of waste, time and money .......and the patients health is easily compromised at the same time.

Justfishing

Reaction score

I dont buy the hysteria at this time. In the early stages i can see the caution.

If masks are such great protection then why isnt enough for 2 people to be in the room.

We see many elected leaders that seem to break the rules. If they so feared covid then way are they not abiding by the protection. Nancy who is the poster child for high risk doesnt follow the rules.

The medical staff has the most exposure with the child. We know there is almost zero risk with children. A second parent in there changes nothing.

If the medical staff is such a high risk then they shouldnt be on the front line. As we know most healthy people who contract covid find it less of a problem than the regular flu. Milder symptoms and get over it faster.

We have fallen for all the bs. It has been so ingrained now that they have us living in fear.

What is smart is if you have symptoms that you avoid others, you get treated. But shouldnt it be that way for the flu or many other communicable diseases.

Maybe covid should be a wakeup call for people to take charge of their health. A couple of the high risk factors are obesity and diabetes. There are many other risk factors that are related to personal choice. Because of your personal choices you are now asking the government to limit my freedoms to protect you. I know this last piece is a little bit of a rant.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
As we can see in just about every thread, regardless of the subject.

405937E8-A4F1-4238-A4FE-C57F4605E6FC.jpeg

squeezer

Reaction score
So basically a kid is more likely being killed in a car wreck on the way to their checkup?
I’m asking, haven’t had my coffee yet and ain’t doing math.

I have no idea how to compare those datasets...

I do buckle my kinds into the best car seats available on the way their checkups however.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Honest question . Whats wrong with a chicken pox vaccine ?
Nothing wrong with it itself. The issue is making it mandatory.

Also, there is a lot of evidence pointing to the correlation of the increase in vaccines, particularly the cocktail vaccines, and the drastic rise in pediatric food allergies.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score

Bullshit. I deal with 20+ apprentices daily. In a small room. My kid goes to school with 20 kids in a small room. I don’t buy their “safety policy” that’s how I feel about it. I’ve been taking a chance since day one and that’s the way I want it. Open this fucker up and stop the bullshit

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
500K confirmed cases in kids with a .03% or so fatality rate.

Nothing to worry about as long as it’s somebody else’s kid...

.03%? I guess we better ban kids riding in cars because there is just about an equal chance of them being involved in a crash.

Or ban them from riding bikes because they could get killed doing that? Or playing sports? Or...?

There is nothing that presents so much of a risk as to justify what is going on out there right now and you know it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
.03%? I guess we better ban kids riding in cars because there is just about an equal chance of them being involved in a crash.

Or ban them from riding bikes because they could get killed doing that? Or playing sports? Or...?

There is nothing that presents so much of a risk as to justify what is going on out there right now and you know it.
Like I said previously in this thread.... Do not use logic with the leftists. They can ONLY make decisions based on emotion and feelings. Not pragmatic decisions based on common sense, logic, and facts....

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have no idea how to compare those datasets...

I do buckle my kinds into the best car seats available on the way their checkups however.

Maybe see what the mortality rate is for every 500K kids in car wrecks, though the number of kids in wrecks is likely far under that number annually.

Regardless, stating that it’s ok “as long as it’s some one else’s kid” is hyperbole.
Frankly it smacks as extremely hypocritical considering how easily you and your supported “leaders” are willing to trade lives for their own gain.
You and yours are more than willing to trade the lives of any who oppose your thinking to advance your political agenda.
Cops, firefighters, patriots who won’t bend the knee to your paid rioters (terrorists) are fair game for you.

Rod said, and I quote “If someone gets exposed and they have to shut down the office, nobody benefits”

This is as clear of an example as I can illustrate of the hyperbolic over reaction mindset that has been instilled in you guys.
It isn’t true at all at this point of the pandemic, a mere exposure isn’t shutting them down, yet it is the conditioned mantra being spouted still...and then backed up by your “someone else’s kid” rhetoric.

It’s time to stop this insanity. This isn’t even a medical issue anymore it’s 99.99% political.
Even your socialist politicians are stating OUTRIGHT that the entire covid protocol concerning schools, distancing, public association, businesses EVERYTHING needs to stay as is until the election.
Especially the lib stronghold cities and States.

C’mon guys, it’s time to think for yourselves for once. Seriously. Think about what you are doing and supporting.

Edit: @Taboma my 80 year old neighbor lady is just getting over the covid. Knocked her down for a week but she’s ok. So it ain’t an automatic death sentence.

Last edited:

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
I dont buy the hysteria at this time. In the early stages i can see the caution.

If masks are such great protection then why isnt enough for 2 people to be in the room.

We see many elected leaders that seem to break the rules. If they so feared covid then way are they not abiding by the protection. Nancy who is the poster child for high risk doesnt follow the rules.

The medical staff has the most exposure with the child. We know there is almost zero risk with children. A second parent in there changes nothing.

If the medical staff is such a high risk then they shouldnt be on the front line. As we know most healthy people who contract covid find it less of a problem than the regular flu. Milder symptoms and get over it faster.

We have fallen for all the bs. It has been so ingrained now that they have us living in fear.

What is smart is if you have symptoms that you avoid others, you get treated. But shouldnt it be that way for the flu or many other communicable diseases.

Maybe covid should be a wakeup call for people to take charge of their health. A couple of the high risk factors are obesity and diabetes. There are many other risk factors that are related to personal choice. Because of your personal choices you are now asking the government to limit my freedoms to protect you. I know this last piece is a little bit of a rant.

While I think more business and normal activities should be allowed to resume with some safety protocols in place, ultimately adults should be allowed to make their own adult decisions on these matters not a elitist socialist that lives in a walled off mansion. If I was a business owner I would take necessary steps to ensure the safety and well being of my employees and customers. I think this is Kaiser's view in this situation. My brother in law works at the meat packing plant in Vernon,. Safety protocols were not enforced properly which led to 300 covid cases and multiple deaths. He spent 2 weeks in ICU so covid is out there and for some people it is highly lethal but I still think complete government control over our normal lives is unacceptable and that business owners need to be allowed to resume operations and adults can make their own choices if they want to patronize or not. I have to wonder about liability though if proper safety protocols aren't enforced.