WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Over transom headers

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
I have log to OT headers and was curious if anyone knows where I can find another set. I have a small exhaust leak
FCFFC12F-AAF9-4370-AC85-8BA5EA1B5F12.jpeg
DBA214D9-18B7-41B8-A316-86ADF5E319DD.jpeg

cofooter

Reaction score
Flexseal???? Wow, Glenwood used to sell them, not sure if anymore

TrollerDave

Reaction score

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I was wondering that. I went back and checked. Wasn’t sure. The boat looked different.
Maybe check with Bassett or Lightning manufacturing. Lightning makes tube in tube water cooled headers. The might be able to make you something.
X2 on Lightning.
Jan can make something that will make more power and be functional.

SixD9R

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but what’s the advantage of the logs dumping into the pipes over a full OT header?

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
CP

And not that it matters to you I'm sure, but that quick release cable end you're running on your steering cable make me kinda nervous.
It’s the way I bought it. I’ve been having a hard time turning with the diverter in the up/ down position. Was wondering why I couldn’t find the right attachments

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Luckily that “defect” is pretty close to the flange...both the inside and outside are accessible with a bead blaster to adequately clean the area for welding. I would try this first. The way would do it is to make a 1/8” or so wall thickness sleeve and hammer that in the inside for structural reinforcement...ideally I’d hang it off the side of my mill and bore it so the sleeve is a very nice fit, then weld the sleeve in place, then weld up the crack/hole, grind/contour/polish, and be done with it.

stoker2001

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question but what’s the advantage of the logs dumping into the pipes over a full OT header?
logs are not equal length tubes and very restrictive,depending on build can cost you LOTS of power everywhere

old rigger

Reaction score
It’s the way I bought it. I’ve been having a hard time turning with the diverter in the up/ down position. Was wondering why I couldn’t find the right attachments

Let me look through my parts stash. If I have more than 2 of the little swivel mounts for the end of a regular steering cable I'll send one your way. It won't work with the steering cable you have now and as someone mentioned above, I've never seen one like yours before with a threaded end.

There should never be problems with steering, never. Reading that it binds and seeing that part used incorrectly make my cheeks clinch up a little bit.
Not to mention the entire connection is based on a $.05 spring holding that sleeve in place.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Get some heavy wall tube bent up and ceramic coat it. Looks clean, sounds crisp. I’ve always preferred ot’s layed down.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Yeah that’s what I was thinking but thought maybe there was a good reason for running the logs I didn’t know about.

I've had my ice chest next to the logs (and snails), never had an issue. 454/Berkeley in an Eliminator day cruiser. Definitely not the best for hp, but it still made 500+ hp.

Dan'l

Rogers Hopeful

Reaction score
So I looked into why I have the Steering Cable that I do. Its a steermaster Mark II. Which is what I replaced it with when i bought a new one. the Mark II has a threaded end and the Mark III has the solid end with the hole. At the time I didn't realize they were interchangeable or which was better. sucks because i paid like $300 for it back then and that's what I would have to spend now and doubt i could sell my current one

old rigger

Reaction score
You don't burn the shit out of your self with logs aka The Bassett Tattoo

I had a burn scar on the inside of my forearm about the size of an egg forever and it only shows up now when I don’t have a tan. Had bassett’s on our old boat long before I had kids and that’s the set that I got burned on. After our son was born I switched over to a set of center rise aluminum Indmar manifolds. Made my wife very happy. I don’t know why that scar went away? My mom had one on her leg 3 times bigger than the one I had til the day she died. She got hers when she was a kid riding on the back of Roger Weiman’s motorcycle. They laid it down in the street and the pipe fried her leg.

old rigger

Reaction score
So I looked into why I have the Steering Cable that I do. Its a steermaster Mark II. Which is what I replaced it with when i bought a new one. the Mark II has a threaded end and the Mark III has the solid end with the hole. At the time I didn't realize they were interchangeable or which was better. sucks because i paid like $300 for it back then and that's what I would have to spend now and doubt i could sell my current one
I don’t know shit about that brand, so I looked it up. Can’t you just replace the cable and not the entire system?