WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Overnight Knee Pain

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy. I've always had some issues with my back but the last couple weeks have been very bad.
Lower back more sore than it's ever been.
What's next lol?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Hey Chris and EZ.
On top of all the good advice that you've already got I thought that I would throw in my two cents. I get the back and knee pain frequently and I have found that one thing that is helpful is KT tape (particularly for the knee).
551F0AE3-E6EA-448E-B954-8D82FC57616A.jpeg

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
How does that work?
How do you know where to place it?
The science behind it is that it applies outward tension and increases blood flow (oversimplification but you get the idea). Placement can be tricky and you might have to play with that a bit to see what works best for you but they do give you some basic starting points and suggestions. It really helped me when I had water on the knee.

RichL

Reaction score
Wow, that's crazy. I've always had some issues with my back but the last couple weeks have been very bad.
Lower back more sore than it's ever been.
What's next lol?
Don't ask.

FWIW when I tore mine 3 years ago, I had to do P.T. to heal it.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Just came from my favorite orthopedic surgeon, need a left knee (PKR) and a right hip , both just wearing out , getting old sucks ;)

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
PT used the tape on my elbow and shoulder. It is the shit👍

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Good luck whenever you go for it.
TY it was really a bitch to go from minor issues to knee (left) and Hip (right) in relatively short order , suspect the limping may have accelerated the hip , got a "cocktail" injection in the knee which helped alot , too flippin busy to deal with the eventuality right now , business is "brisk" , time will tell

gqchris

Reaction score
Hey Chris and EZ.
On top of all the good advice that you've already got I thought that I would throw in my two cents. I get the back and knee pain frequently and I have found that one thing that is helpful is KT tape (particularly for the knee). View attachment 1046998
Ill try anything and I am starting to realize my knee and lower back pain/stiffness is all tied together. I usually go and get a deep tissue massage because of tight gluts and hamstrings all pulling on back. But I have avoided due to the rona. May be time soon again. Thansk for the tip, Ill order some now

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hope you're doing ok @gqchris
This thread is a bit depressing as I've dealt with blown up knees for 40+ years with zero surgical treatments. I think most of my knee nerves must be dead. The depressing part is how many health related threads are on rdp, clearly showing how much this group has aged.
Wishing you well and hope your docs point you in the right direction for relief.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Hey Chris and EZ.
On top of all the good advice that you've already got I thought that I would throw in my two cents. I get the back and knee pain frequently and I have found that one thing that is helpful is KT tape (particularly for the knee). View attachment 1046998
How's your knee @gqchris ?
Mine is slowly getting better. Swelling way down and sharp pain very occasionaly.
Tried the KT tape today. Seems to keep the knee cap in place better than the big brace.
Put it on similar to Rajobigguy. See how it works in the next few days
Resized_20210920_144201.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
How's your knee @gqchris ?
Mine is slowly getting better. Swelling way down and sharp pain very occasionaly.
Tried the KT tape today. Seems to keep the knee cap in place better than the big brace.
Put it on similar to Rajobigguy. See how it works in the next few days
View attachment 1051478

Thanks Ziggy and 185. Mine has gotten back to 100%. No rhyme or reason! Dodnt even use my tape yet. Getting old does suck! Glad to hear yours is on the mend as well. Weird though, my back has been sore this week now. Seems like there is always a body part on me taking the brunt of the load.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Thanks Ziggy and 185. Mine has gotten back to 100%. No rhyme or reason! Dodnt even use my tape yet. Getting old does suck! Glad to hear yours is on the mend as well. Weird though, my back has been sore this week now. Seems like there is always a body part on me taking the brunt of the load.

Next up…Dad body. Lol

You could have a tear in your cartilage which at times will cause pain and swelling as it gets in places it isnt supposed to be. Then it moves into another area and the pain is gone. That was the surgery I just had Friday. Mine was a torn meniscus but once he got in there he had to scrape crystals off the knee cap as well as remove other loose cartilage. Its coming back to normal quickly now. Just two little incisions.