WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Oz Ski Racing Pics

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Some various shots I've taken - RD you should like these :)

DSCF1242.jpg

DSCF1243.jpg

DSCF1244.jpg

GraftonB2B04.jpg

DSCF1251.jpg

DSCF1350.jpg

DSCF1351.jpg

DSCF1349.jpg

DSCF1334.jpg

DSCF1343.jpg

Precision50.jpg

Precision53.jpg

DSCF3395.jpg

DSCF3396.jpg

Oz Dude

Reaction score
MMDSCF3614.jpg

MMDSCF3615.jpg

Cliftonville03-09DSCF3534.jpg

Cliftonville03-09DSCF3670.jpg

Cliftonville03-09DSCF3690.jpg

Cliftonville03-09DSCF3683.jpg

Cliftonville03-09DSCF3726.jpg

MonsterMaker01edit.jpg

Cliftonville03-09DSCF3691.jpg

TheSecret01edit.jpg

Agitator03edit2.jpg

PestDSCF3720.jpg

DSCF1249.jpg

Local Club Day
CliftonvilleDSCF3513.jpg

This is a friend's daughter - she's 9yo and this was her first race a couple of months ago. Fully wrapped up start and she completed 3 laps of the course. Not bad at all!
MMDSCF3481.jpg

Oz Dude

Reaction score
My Boat - this is a 1750 Bullet. It's a lightweight and bare weighs under 400lbs. I've owned it now 10 years. I bought it as a worn out race boat, turned it into a nice social boat, and now 10 years later we've stepped up and kitted it back out for racing again. The original graphics were the name and the color spray at the front, the "Rager" and other graphics we had completed, as well as the cowl, full trim from scratch, setup, etc.

The trailer was also fully rebuilt last year by a couple of mates and myself, in an old shed, in the dead of winter at night and over 2 weekends. Didn't come up too bad considering the only original parts are the side rails and the guards. It now features full LED lighting, recessed coupling (inside the front tube), powdercoated diamond plating, and 17" wheels that I've put on since the pics were taken.

Best I've run so far is 92mph boat only and 1-Up we ran 82mph. Going to chase more top end this winter while the rivers are quiet.

DSCF3179.jpg

DSCF3178.jpg

DSCF3177.jpg

DSCF3180.jpg

DSCF3181.jpg

DSCF3182.jpg

DSCF1715.jpg

DSCF1699.jpg

DSCF1694.jpg

DSCF1703.jpg

DSCF1706.jpg

2008BridgetoBridge04.jpg

2008BridgetoBridge07.jpg

2008BridgetoBridge01.jpg

Our Mascot...
Rage4.jpg

Oz

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Great pictures and some very nice scenery! are there any crocodiles in the water where you ski?

Thanks for posting! :thumbsup:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
GREAT PICTURES!! :)

You definately have a nice boat there!

Do you have some more pics of the steering setup on the outboard?

And am I looking at this right? The throttle is on your left foot?

I'm hoping to head down to Aus at some point with a group of guys to watch some races. :) Maybe even hitch a ride in one of those unlimited boats. :D

DSCF3182.jpg

RD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Sweet pics OZ...have seen a lot of those pics before...I'll be in Sydney for new years for sure this year and 50 / 50 on Indy up in surfers...I need to get back down for the 80...I haven't been in about 4 years...miss the party there.

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Wheeler - no crocs, although a 6ft Bull shark was caught a couple of miles upstream of where I took the "club day" shots. Australia is full of deadly crap, we're used to it :D

RD - yep - left foot throttle. I have floor mounted trim buttons on a pad where my right foot rests. They're the only pics I have of the boat at present. The steering is a pair of wings with dual cables that run up each side of the boat. With the hydraulic jack plate installed, it's been a bit of a balancing act trying to get enough tension in the cables at all heights. If you tighten up too much when the plate is at the bottom, you need Arny Arms to steer it when you hit the up button :cool:

Let us know well in advance if you're coming down!

River Lynchmob - they're pics I've taken at different events over the past 3 years. If there's any particular boat you're interested in let me know and I'll see what I have on my computer. I think I'm up to about 2,000 images now that I've shot.

Same goes for you if you're coming Down Under - let us know before you come and we'll get some stuff organised.

Oz

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Wheeler - no crocs, although a 6ft Bull shark was caught a couple of miles upstream of where I took the "club day" shots. Australia is full of deadly crap, we're used to it :D

RD - yep - left foot throttle. I have floor mounted trim buttons on a pad where my right foot rests. They're the only pics I have of the boat at present. The steering is a pair of wings with dual cables that run up each side of the boat. With the hydraulic jack plate installed, it's been a bit of a balancing act trying to get enough tension in the cables at all heights. If you tighten up too much when the plate is at the bottom, you need Arny Arms to steer it when you hit the up button :cool:

Let us know well in advance if you're coming down!

River Lynchmob - they're pics I've taken at different events over the past 3 years. If there's any particular boat you're interested in let me know and I'll see what I have on my computer. I think I'm up to about 2,000 images now that I've shot.

Same goes for you if you're coming Down Under - let us know before you come and we'll get some stuff organised.

Oz

Thanks OZ...when I'm down for New Year i'll be staying with Shannon (old owner of Alabi) and his wife. If I go to Indy i'll be up with Robo and his motley crew. Either way i'll let you know and we will meet up for a Crownie or 12.

River Lynchmob

Reaction score
Mate, you keep talkin like that and we'll have to make you an honorary Aussie :D

Oz

I think Robo and DC already took care of that :champagne:

BTW I talked to Robo last night and he was heading up to the state titles...you takin part up there?

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Nah, the boat hasn't been in any series rounds or the like this year so there wasn't much point. One of my skiers went up and ran behind another boat though in 60mph class. Broke out - 61.2 D'Oh! He did say though that while rounding a buoy he did the biggest bunny hop of his life. The driver saw the roller and straightened up cause he knew it'd do him in otherwise. The boat cleared the water, and my mate thinks he went abot 3ft in the air on his ski. Apparently there was a photographer in a boat near by so we'll wait and see...

Oz

Oz Dude

Reaction score
Apparently there was a racing incident on the weekend here. A twin rig, Ring of Fire, passed the finish line, dropped te skiers in, and then turned straight in front of another (ex Supeclass) boat, Hazy.

Hazy struck Ring of Fire hard enough to put a large hole in the boat and crack the gunwale. Ring of Fire apparently had part of it's deck torn off.

No pics yet but there were pro photographers up there so I'm sure something will surface. According to my mate who was there, it made a very loud "crack" when they came together.

Certainly not something you want to happen at any time, much less in the finishing area!

Hazy was spotted this morning, minus motor and drive, heading to the repair shop. From the description I got of the damage, I'm wondering if it's gonna be repaired or scrapped... The guy has owned the boat for a little over 12months and I believe had over $150K in it :cry:

Oz

DLR1994

Reaction score
Apparently there was a racing incident on the weekend here. A twin rig, Ring of Fire, passed the finish line, dropped te skiers in, and then turned straight in front of another (ex Supeclass) boat, Hazy.

Hazy struck Ring of Fire hard enough to put a large hole in the boat and crack the gunwale. Ring of Fire apparently had part of it's deck torn off.

No pics yet but there were pro photographers up there so I'm sure something will surface. According to my mate who was there, it made a very loud "crack" when they came together.

Certainly not something you want to happen at any time, much less in the finishing area!

Hazy was spotted this morning, minus motor and drive, heading to the repair shop. From the description I got of the damage, I'm wondering if it's gonna be repaired or scrapped... The guy has owned the boat for a little over 12months and I believe had over $150K in it :cry:

Oz

a lot like another racing incident at last years SA titles. little man spun out around one of the corners and cleaned up evinrude racing.

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg