WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

OZDude.. I'm thinking you took this picture?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Because of the "OZDude" in the url from photobucket..

Do you have anymore pics of this boat? I'd really like to see the rest of it, as well as some close ups of hte machine work / rigging, and more on the EFI setup and closed cooling setup :)

DSCF1338.jpg

RD

Oz Dude

Reaction score
HAHA - that'd be me :champagne:

That motor is a 460 Ford Big Block that was built by one of the V8 Supercar Teams here in Oz (Stone Brothers). The boat it was in is now for sale (minus engine) but at the time of the photo it was in an 18ft Stephens Shallow V.

We were at the start of the B2B race a couple of years ago when I was observing for a mate with a 21ft Stephens, and those guys pulled into the beach next to us. I got chatting to the owner and that motor is as hot as they come.

The intake is one of their race intakes, adapted to suit the BB, and the injector setup was their own creation. He said it took quite a while for them to get it right but once they did, it was awesome.

He couldn't tell me too much about the motor itself becasue he was under agreement that only Stone Brothers could crack it open due to proprietary secrets, etc. They waived some of their V8 Supercar magic over it and didn't want any prying eyes looking at their team secrets.

What I can tell you is though that on the Stone Bros dyno, they would test it to 7,750rpm and hold it there for several minutes :bowdown: Of course the ownere told me that he wasn't THAT brave and "only" ran it to 6,500rpm max...

The work overall on the boat was pretty spectacular. Full data logging / engine management, lots of bling, a very nice package indeed.

Here's all the pics I've got on it:
DSCF1364.jpg

DSCF1365.jpg

DSCF1339.jpg

DSCF1340.jpg

Here's another very trick set-up from The Gun. Brett Luhrmann owns this boat (brother of Baz Luhrmann the movie Director) and it was a no expense spared jobbie but unfortunately, the original build on the boat itself wasn't up to scratch and after only 1 season, it had to be pulled apart and all the floor cut out of it as the fuel tanks were all shot. I saw it at the fiberglass repair shop and it was nasty...

The Gun:
DSCF1369.jpg

DSCF1370.jpg

DSCF1371.jpg

Cheers,
Oz

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some of this shit is flat unbelievable..

Got anymore pics of that drive on the back of the boat? (I'm interested in looking at his whale tail) As well as the steering column? I'm wondering what all the switches are for..

As well how they built it, that thing is clean beyond clean!

RD

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Wow! Also didn't know that Rexie sponsored across the pond! Noticed a RexMarine sticker on the transom.
CC

Oz Dude

Reaction score
oz is the turbo boat a Connolly?

GraftonB2B07.jpg

You tell me :D

RD - you seem to love the techo stuff. You would love it down here! Carbys still seem to rule the roost in the USA but in Oz, it's all about injection baby... That's all the pics I have of those 2 boats, sorry dude...

Oh, and Rex Marine? Ummm, yeah, everyone uses it!

Oz