WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Paging Old Rigger - Rogers Question

old rigger

Reaction score
Congrats, and I'd like to see some pics too. What year is it?

I saw a 20 bonnie on the strip this weekend, they look so nice in the water.

J 2

Reaction score
Good Morning
2000 21' Open Bow. I know it has the Spectra bottom. Rumor has it this may have been one of Roger's last builds for a neighbor that requested some pink in it. Wondering if you recognize it. The wife & I went to the lake Saturday, like it a lot. Perfect for us and since I didn't spend so much I'm keeping my Daytona for now. 5 years ago I upgraded my 74 18' Bonneville to the Daytona. I'm looking forward to taking really good care of this boat and doing a few things to make it mine, Calgo steering & updating the PD from manual to hydraulic for one.

old rigger

Reaction score
Nice looking boat. I was only in touch with Roger at that time by just dropping by and shooting the bull so I don't recognize your boat. You might be right about being one of the last out of the molds before he retired. He was trying to get me to buy him out but his shop was grandfathered in to him only. This mainly had to do with the glass/gel back half of the shop. It would have been more than I could afford to redo the shop. Plus even then small boats just didn't have the market like it did back in the day. It's almost zero now.

A friend of a friend bought the property for his construction company, he just passed away suddenly so I don't know what will happen to the property now. Another guy bought the molds. Roger shot me a price of 50K for all the molds. Then 45, 40 and so on. Called me to say the shop was gone and he sold the molds for 5K.

Don't know if it's the pic or my eyes, but the ride plate looks like it's bent?

J 2

Reaction score
I noticed the ride plate too. Was told B1 did the pump, I might check with Chris down the road. In any case I'll be going through this bow to stern and everything in between over the off season. Thanks for the info!