WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Painting A Ski

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
So i bought a HO TNT that i am going to cut down to make a Vert air. I found some nice Vinyl for the top, but does anyone know if you can paint or wrap the bottom of a ski?

I have plenty of wood skies, some with paint on them, but i have never painted them myself just a touch up here and there. Not sure if it matters wood vs fiber glass, but does anyone know what type of paint to use? Or if it's even worth it? I have been told if the ski is cut to the right length it will perform better then a Vert air. Just not sure what to do with the bottom as it looks like crap and i don't want to effect its performance.

Last edited:

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
talk to Terry Jesse, Skinut on here)...He has redone new and old ski's to perfection. while i was learning the whole wrapped up thing i put some divots into my ski on the top and bottom :rolleyes: Gave it to him and it looked new after.

He has also just recently redid Brent Griffins entire Maha, top and bottom. came out sweeeet! He does great work :thumbsup

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
talk to Terry Jesse, Skinut on here)...He has redone new and old ski's to perfection. while i was learning the whole wrapped up thing i put some divots into my ski on the top and bottom :rolleyes: Gave it to him and it looked new after.

He has also just recently redid Brent Griffins entire Maha, top and bottom. came out sweeeet! He does great work :thumbsup

Thanks brian, if terry can chime in it would be great, i will probably do it my self, i have touched up the bottom of a race ski, but not sure if the same paint will work on a fiberglass or in this case graphite ski.

Worse comes to worse ill wrap the top in vinyl and leave the bottom to do its thing.

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score

On the Maha.
You wouldn't happen to know what product he used for the clear coat finish?

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
paging SKINUT :D :bowdown:

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
I have a Maha I want to redo.

Guess I could email Bob Maha and find out what product he uses. :rolleyes:

I'll keep it going here. :thumbsup

wildone

You're a member.
Reaction score
Or someone could answer my question as well... Thread Jacker:grumble: All in good fun