HOSS
Reaction score
Saw this on FB. Sounds like monsoon damage

Screenshot_20220812-165546_Facebook.jpg

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
EC never notified anyone their RV storage flooded a few years back either.

The 11” bath tub ring inside around the bed room and living room walls told us.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I passed yesterday shortly after it happened trying to get to a havasu. Called Jerry and told him.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
One of my website clients, his brother lives there. A tornado touched down and destroyed the brothers house!

Happened a few days ago. How freaking crazy is that! 😱

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One of my website clients, his brother lives there. A tornado touched down and destroyed the brothers house!

Happened a few days ago. How freaking crazy is that! 😱
Did you say a tornado hit needles? I think we woulda hurt about that?

4Waters

Reaction score
Last year this rolled by my house in Havasu. Damaged the covered parking at Basha’s and took part of a roof off by me off viejo. The paper called it a “microburst”. Looks like a funnel to me

View attachment 1145914
Yea, they don't like to admit to small tornados.😅
Agreed, in 98 we had a "microburst" roll down Thousand Oaks Blvd in front of the automall. It was insane, ripped out/snapped some 30 power poles, I said ripped as in a few were still 1 piece, lifted straight up, several trees down..... I watched a funnel go down TO Blvd as the dealership I worked at was on the Blvd and the noise was incredible

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
About 10 or so years ago the same thing happened in Boulder City to All Season's Marine. Basically a storm generated "dust devil" came and sucked the roof off their building. Same type of metal building.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am very familiar with microbursts, even violent ones..

Never really considered one a tornado.. but strangely now that I think about it I’m not sure where it would transfer between mircroburst to tornado?

Now I’m gonna go look it up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well now I feel stupid..

Microbursts are caused by evaporative cooling from rain falling and can generate winds up to 100 mph, but in some cases as high as 150.

After my brief reading it kinda sounds like the wind blows, but isn’t in a funnel?

A dust devil is caused by ground being super heated creating unusually warm air that then comes in contact with a cross winds and creates a funnel.

A tornado is a funnel that touches the ground and the clouds from which it was formed..

All this time I have always used the term “microburst” as something that was just more violent than something you would see in a normal storm or even a normal dust devil? I didn’t think some of the things I have seen would be called tornados..

After kinda reading the actual descriptions I think I have seen and even been through a couple of weak tornados?

guest hs

Reaction score
About 10 or so years ago the same thing happened in Boulder City to All Season's Marine. Basically a storm generated "dust devil" came and sucked the roof off their building. Same type of metal building.
Got our boat shop in Henderson too same storm we were in generator power for almost a week due to power poles down

paradise

Spooner
Reaction score
Being a tornado requires the cell to rotate which generates the funnel that makes it to the ground. Even though a microburst can generate high winds capable of causing at least as much damage as a small tornado they don't have the rotation to be classified as a tornado.

So basically you've been through winds as strong and as damaging as a tornado but not an actual tornado :p

Nordie

Reaction score
My house was an epicenter for a microburst, winds exceeded 100mph, but how it was explained to me is the wind comes straight down, so when you see the trees that are affected you'll notice that the branches are broken downwards and not sideways.

A Tornado well that's a Tornado, and yes there has been touchdowns near Nelson's Landing and other surrounding Vegas areas.