Pamona off road show

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Going tomorrow

LUCAS OIL OFF-ROAD EXPO POWERED BY GENERAL TIRE
September 30 & October 1, 2017 | Pomona, CA

HARDCORE FANS | HUNDREDS OF EXHIBITORS | 10 ACRES OF EVERYTHING OFF-ROAD
The 2017 Lucas Oil Off-Road Expo Powered by General Tire is truly the greatest collection of off-road companies, parts, equipment, gear, action and experts ever assembled in America. From off-road racing to rock crawling, trail riding to sand sports, motorcycles and ATV?s, to camping and adventure travel, fans have the unique opportunity to meet and talk with the most knowledgeable people in the off-road industry. Fans can experience the dynamic world of off-road thru ride alongs, racing demos, celebrity appearances, live music, industry media events and product giveaways all weekend.

http://www.offroadexpo.com/pomona-ca

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
Will be there Sunday. I never miss it. Always take the boy. Lots of old farts into the overpriced JK crap, and a bunch of bros. Always a cool show nevertheless

DLC

Reaction score
I'll be there at 9 am !

Already have tickets at will call, its good show, lotta pre runner and jeep stuff!

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I'll be there Saturday and a little on Sunday. Am working the 4 Wheel 2 Heal booth next to the Optima battery rig. Please come by and say hi. Come find out what we do for our vets!

grumpy88

Reaction score
It's busy already . 30 dollars and not even in the door . Obviously the economy is doing well

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
How is the show this year? I'm thinking about heading up there for a little bit. Is it worth it?

DWC

Reaction score
How is the show this year? I'm thinking about heading up there for a little bit. Is it worth it?

Went for the first time yesterday. Little pricey (Parking, gen adminx2, 3 beers was $80) but I'd definetely do it again. Shitload of stuff for SXS, great ideas for truck upgrades and a ton for Jeeps. I had to keep reminding myself that it was for sales.

Groper

Reaction score
Went saturday and thought it was a great show, I've done just about everything to my JK as possible and I was really only looking at Cages and inner fender well sets. It looks like EVO makes one that fits their DBL Throwdown kit so I'll have no mods on installation.

I have a PS cage sitting on the floor of my garage ready to install BUT !!!!

I really like the Genright and Rockhard cages

I also noticed a few other Axle mfg's getting into market which IMO a good thing and might help bring down the cost compared to Dynatrac & Currie idk ?

A few more Suspensions mfg's as well along with driveline upgrades which are the weak links across the board.

I only wish these were twice a year and kind of set up as a swap meet type of deal with several parts available instead of "check out our website and order what you need" Im the I want it in my hands before I order something and then find out it's not what I really wanted to send it back, I get it they can't have everything at the show.

CL's drafts were $10 :drink

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Awful management of the entrance gates - took forever to get in, additional $10 to pay (took a lot of time) and then they squeeze everyone down to 1 line going into the parking lot.

The show itself is a lot like last years: Heavy on the Jeep stuff - everything and anything you'd ever want for Jeeps. Plenty of SxS stuff (more than last year) including some SxS's for sale. And lots of accessories. Crazy trucks and Jeeps and SxS on display - lots of eye candy. And decent prices to be had. I didn't buy anything because Baja Designs and others' prices were no better than what I could get online.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Went saturday and thought it was a great show, I've done just about everything to my JK as possible and I was really only looking at Cages and inner fender well sets. It looks like EVO makes one that fits their DBL Throwdown kit so I'll have no mods on installation.

I also noticed a few other Axle mfg's getting into market which IMO a good thing and might help bring down the cost compared to Dynatrac & Currie idk ?

A few more Suspensions mfg's as well along with driveline upgrades which are the weak links across the board.

I only wish these were twice a year and kind of set up as a swap meet type of deal with several parts available instead of "check out our website and order what you need" Im the I want it in my hands before I order something and then find out it's not what I really wanted to send it back, I get it they can't have everything at the show.

Agree - they should have these 2wice a year - it would really help drive their sales up but these shows aren't cheap to participate in for the vendors.

I really like what Rockhard makes - good stuff especially their in cab cage/crossbar

Abc123

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I ended up going to brunch.

Were there a lot of race trucks?

Groper

Reaction score
Awful management of the entrance gates - took forever to get in, additional $10 to pay (took a lot of time) and then they squeeze everyone down to 1 line going into the parking lot.

The show itself is a lot like last years: Heavy on the Jeep stuff - everything and anything you'd ever want for Jeeps. Plenty of SxS stuff (more than last year) including some SxS's for sale. And lots of accessories. Crazy trucks and Jeeps and SxS on display - lots of eye candy. And decent prices to be had. I didn't buy anything because Baja Designs and others' prices were no better than what I could get online.
Yes what was that all about a strange entrance for sure, we arrived about 10am and it was already packing in people, the only item we bought were 30w LED's that were from a dist. that went out of business for $10.00 ea :thumbsup

Agree - they should have these 2wice a year - it would really help drive their sales up but these shows aren't cheap to participate in for the vendors.

I really like what Rockhard makes - good stuff especially their in cab cage/crossbar
That's exactly what I was checking out. I might have to just make one and add it to my PS trail cage. I just like the way the PS goes together with the Tube Coupler rather than the Tube Clamp around the tubing, my LJ had those and they were squeaky while wheeling.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to check out the 6th Annual Sand-Water-RV Expo at Lake Havasu State Park, November 18-19. The Expo gets bigger every year, this year close to 120 exhibitor/vendors and more offroad stuff than ever before. Granted, it isn't the Sand Sport Super Show in Costa Mesa, or the Lucas Oil Offroad Expo in Pomona, but we're closing the gap. Still lots of cool products to check-out (local vendors from the Havasu/Parker/Bullhead area, Phoenix, Las Vegas and SoCal). It's only $5 admission for adults, kids 6 & under free and parking is free and the beer will be cold and affordable. Gates open at 9am on Saturday and Sunday. Nick, who caters food at the Desert Bar, will be serving at one food court. When we get a little closer to the date, watch for a thread where you can get a discount admission coupon compliments of RDP. More info at http://www.sandandwaterexpo.com

grumpy88

Reaction score
You might want to check out the 6th Annual Sand-Water-RV Expo at Lake Havasu State Park, November 18-19. The Expo gets bigger every year, this year close to 120 exhibitor/vendors and more offroad stuff than ever before. Granted, it isn't the Sand Sport Super Show in Costa Mesa, or the Lucas Oil Offroad Expo in Pomona, but we're closing the gap. Still lots of cool products to check-out (local vendors from the Havasu/Parker/Bullhead area, Phoenix, Las Vegas and SoCal). It's only $5 admission for adults, kids 6 & under free and parking is free and the beer will be cold and affordable. Gates open at 9am on Saturday and Sunday. Nick, who caters food at the Desert Bar, will be serving at one food court. When we get a little closer to the date, watch for a thread where you can get a discount admission coupon compliments of RDP. More info at http://www.sandandwaterexpo.com

We have been a few times and plan on going this year . It's a very nice event I recommend it to all who have never been .

milkmoney

Reaction score
We have been a few times and plan on going this year . It's a very nice event I recommend it to all who have never been .
I went last year , it was ok. Hope it's better this year. Which I am sure it will be as it grows [emoji202] [emoji106] [emoji482]

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I went last year , it was ok. Hope it's better this year. Which I am sure it will be as it grows [emoji202] [emoji106] [emoji482]

It's like the boat show, gets better each year

RACER J

Reaction score

Genright makes some really good stuff, the only thing I don't like about their cages is the way the top tapers down at the back. My buddy has one in his jeep and it's a pain in the ass to load stuff on the top when the bars aren't all the same height. I built mine similar to his but set all the bars level, makes it easier to pack gear on top.

Riley1

Reaction score
EVO cage caught my eye last year.

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
I bought a Rock hard 8 point cage for my ZJ as a starting point and plan on adding my own finishing touches to it.

He puts out a really nice product. Lots of mall rated jk's around this area with the front tie in kits.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score

Yes, lol!!
We rolled over late Saturday, paid for parking, was a shit ton of peeps leaving, couple of dudes said hey you guys headed in, here take our tickets. So getting in free made it really worth while, couple hours of walking around and was still plenty we missed. Yes there were plenty of trucks, my chick digged the races enough that I got the green light to buy a rzr or a rail. Going tomorrow to check one out to buy :p