WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Paranormal activity

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark šŸ˜¢
Reaction score
I canā€™t remember who posted this years ago , do you see it ?
99A59578-D705-4464-AD44-5CEA647042FB.jpeg

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Absolutely. I have told the story a couple times.

I was on vacation in Hawaii with a few couples. Friends from the Islander. One of the ladies can communicate with the spirit world. Sometimes they pester her, it is kinda creepy.

She had told me about my father. How his spirit kinda follows me around. She would talk with him. She told me things only he would know. Pretty impressive. So anyway, we're sitting around the cocktail table at a bar. Having a couple drinks make it easier for her to hear them. I send out some thoughts to my mother's spirit. I didn't tell anyone I was doing this. I told my mom ( by just thinking this) that if she ever had anything to say or wanted to communicate with me, NOW was the time. Do it now, talk to this woman.

Well holy crap. Within a few minutes my friend lifts her head up and looks at me, stone faced and says: "Richard...Your Mother is here."
My mother's spirit laid out a bunch of info that no one would know but me. She told me things that settled issues for me that I had been dealing with for years. I'm sitting at this cocktail table with tears running down my face. It was straight up crazy. I am sitting her with the hair on my arms standing up just relating the story.

So yeah, I believe.

She tells me how sometimes lights turn on or off, things go missing or end up on the floor. Smells of smoke, cold breezes, and uncomfortable feelings of dread and pain come on with no warning. Just being in old buildings can bring it on. We were in Charleston in an old building...she had to leave. There was some spooky auras inside that would not leave her alone. She also gets related feelings of happiness and joy as well. It isn't all dark shit.

But your people are out there. They are keeping a bit on an eye on you.

welldigger00

Reaction score
Iā€™ve got one I can share on this that canā€™t be explained. My mother in law was this crazy hippy that lived in Palm Springs. She had a beautiful back yard. She was crazy about humming birds. She had humming bird feeders in the yard. Well, she got cancer, and in her last days of hospice at home, my wife spent everyday around the clock with her. Towards the end, laying in bed, she(MIL) would stare at a stained glass portrait of a humming bird in her bed room looking out the window. My wife, or the nurse would try to roll her over, and sheā€™d resist, and go back to staring at that humming bird. Well, her time had come. My wife was in the back yard sitting at a table, and the nurse that was inside had called out to my wife saying that mom had passed. My wife was sitting there, in grief, and all of a sudden, these humming birds were circling my wife. Several. They landed on the chair next to her. When the nurse opened up the back door, to tell my wife to come inside, the humming birds flew right into the house. They were buzzing around the living room,and went right into the bedroom where my MIL was. They were circling around her. Like three of them. My wife was in tears at this point. One of them landed on her shoulder. No shit. Then, just like that, they flew out of the room, and out of the house. Now, I was not a believer before this. I didnā€™t witness this. My wife did, and to this day, Iā€™ve got to say, the biggest gift Iā€™ve ever received has been this story from my wifeā€™s motherā€™s passing. It has been enough for me to be a believer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Not everything can be explained with logic, reason, facts. For some, this is VERY REAL. I heard my grandfather talking to me almost daily - he left me 44 years ago, but still keeps me on the straight and narrow to this day. Iā€™d be lost withouthim. Every time I try and ignore it, it blows up in my face - itā€™s real

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Nobody gives a fuk about me it appears, I've got nothin, seen nothin, heard nothin

You have to be aware of it somewhat.
Not every dream is a dream. Not every coincidence is a coincidence.

Itā€™s strange. Iā€™ve had very pronounced one time contacts with my Dad, a good friend, and my brother. 3 one offs in my sleep.
My brother was the night he died.
My friend was a month after he died, my Dad was a few months after he died.
My brother was very fluid like. Like without bones, and in a solid black backdrop. He assured me we were good (we hadnā€™t spoken in years) and hugged me and left. I was afraid to hug him because he was squishy and I thought it would hurt him.
My dad was stomping around outside of the house I grew up in and just pissed at how my mom had let it deteriorate. I said ā€œDad! What are you doing here? You died!ā€

He kind of threw me a glance and went right on about his business. Lol
My friend showed up at the shop he owned and were I worked for him. He walked right in the door and was all happy and shit. He said ā€œjust wanted to say bye before I leave!ā€
Then he left.
These were all like dreams...but straight out of nowhere and not dreams at all.
The funny part is that the ones you think will show up donā€™t sometimes.
Ive known a lot of people that have died. Not the least of which was Debbie.
But her contacts have been strange. not face to face...more sort of peripheral which seems more like my memory creations.
But awake I know she's around me big time!

But yeah, I donā€™t know how it all works, but there is no doubt in my mind that that sliver of life exists around us no matter what we call it

Thereā€™s been a lot more ghost shit Iā€™ve had happen, but I donā€™t talk about it anymore.

Last edited:

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Seen a couple of things as a kid that has made me question things once at hotel del the other at the queen mary.

For our honeymoon we stayed at el convento in old San Juan in puerto rico. It is a beautiful place. The spanish army built it at the same time they built the fort as a convent for the nuns.

Every morning at sunrise something would happen to wake us up. First the tv turned on, then the radio and then the lights. The last morning after a particular hard night of drinking the radio went off and I yelled enough were up. The radio turned off without touching it. Wife an I just looked at each other and started laughing. Fucking nuns lol . You could hear them walking down the halls and there would be no one there. It was a cool place. I would love to go back there one day.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Seen a couple of things as a kid that has made me question things once at hotel del the other at the queen mary.

For our honeymoon we stayed at el convento in old San Juan in puerto rico. It is a beautiful place. The spanish army built it at the same time they built the fort as a convent for the nuns.

Every morning at sunrise something would happen to wake us up. First the tv turned on, then the radio and then the lights. The last morning after a particular hard night of drinking the radio went off and I yelled enough were up. The radio turned off without touching it. Wife an I just looked at each other and started laughing. Fucking nuns lol . You could hear them walking down the halls and there would be no one there. It was a cool place. I would love to go back there one day.

Absoluey!

Deb used to yell at the ones in our house doing shit like that.
I even put up interior cameras because shit was actually getting moved. Didnā€™t work.
They blacked out or shut off without recording anything.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score

Fuck ya QM is haunted šŸ˜«šŸ˜Ž

4Waters

Reaction score
See...this is why I know better than to talk about this stuff!!
I had to say that because the cameras always malfunctioned on the guys on the show "Finding Bigfoot" I mean every time, but I loved that show and hoped they would have been able to prove Bigfoot's existence.

I believe in the paranormal, my moms old house was haunted, they'd open cupboard doors set off Christmas decorations that had motion detectors......... harmless but scary when you are 8 and home alone.

Cdog

Reaction score
When I was 5-7 years old my parents just divorced. My mom & sister & I lived in a little old house in Lomita. The house is still there on the SE corner of Western & 256th st. Very old little house. Anyway my dad was over watching my sister & I and 3 sliding windows, the front door & kitchen door all slammed shut at the same time. I remember it vividly. My dad decided it was time to leave so I guess we bailed. I donā€™t remember anything else about that house but can recall this moment like it happened yesterday.

The last time i felt anything weird I was with my girlfriend now wife at club Congress/Congress hotel in Tucson. The place had a weird stale draft to it and i had a bad feeling like when I was a kid at that Lomita house. We left immediately. Turns out itā€™s known to be haunted.

I know how I felt those times but am not 100% sold on if I knew how to make sense of what I was feeling.

JD D05

Reaction score
I do believe but not sure I ever had an experience. My grandpa passed about 8 years ago and jolted out of sleep feeling his presence standing next to my bed and maybe saw a shape. But a couple people I know well have told me stories and they all don't make anything up.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I do believe but not sure I ever had an experience. My grandpa passed about 8 years ago and jolted out of sleep feeling his presence standing next to my bed and maybe saw a shape. But a couple people I know well have told me stories and they all don't make anything up.
I was watching PA yesterday and they went to St Annā€™s up by you , Fuck that šŸ˜«ā˜ ļøšŸ˜ŽšŸ‘

JD D05

Reaction score
I do know a person that had some spirit attach to them and it can only come out inside handicap hotel rooms. They travel frequently and often get switched or randomly given handicap rooms when they check in.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I had to say that because the cameras always malfunctioned on the guys on the show "Finding Bigfoot" I mean every time, but I loved that show and hoped they would have been able to prove Bigfoot's existence.

I believe in the paranormal, my moms old house was haunted, they'd open cupboard doors set off Christmas decorations that had motion detectors......... harmless but scary when you are 8 and home alone.

Lol!
Yeah they did!

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I do know a person that had some spirit attach to them and it can only come out inside handicap hotel rooms. They travel frequently and often get switched or randomly given handicap rooms when they check in.
Fuck that šŸ˜«šŸ˜«

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Ive never heard anything nor seen anything specific, but I totally believe.

My dad passed 8 years ago and my kids (4yo and 6yo, who never met him) will randomly bring him and things about him up. My daughter in particular would say heā€™s visited with her and talks to her.

My mother has a close friend who seems to have a legitimate ability to ā€˜hearā€™ sprits and has astonished us with things over the years. She told us young kids seem to be the most capable with tuning into this, though loosing the ability as they get older. I have no doubt my dads been visiting all his grandchildren, none of which he ever got the chance to meet.

Iā€™m not specificity religious and donā€™t necessarily believe in a heaven and hell, but thereā€™s something beyond our current existence, and Iā€™m content in that.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Do you belive in it or seen it happen ? I watch the show every time it comes on some of scares me shitless šŸ˜³šŸ˜«šŸ‘
Iā€™d rather not say who but I know a gal that has felt ā€œsomethingā€ in some houses or places since she was little.
Didnā€™t really understand or know how to cope until after she was older.
She had an incident one time where she was physically assaulted, by nothing the eye could see. Her dad took a picture of it, was hand prints. Her dad is a big guy, these hands were even larger.
It freaked him out worse than her.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Wife and I both watched a set of keys move off the table and fall to the ground. No one under the table, no magnets , no " wind".

Earlier that week the wife dropped two plates within 5 minutes of one another - she said it felt like someone was slapping them out of her hands.

I dont believe in ghosts.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Yes...Been a believer for most of my life. My parents were the second owners of a home built in 1954. They bought from the widow in 72. The gentleman who died, had passed in the master bedroom. I believe he was on oxygen, there were "rings" stained into the hardwood, next to where the bed had been. That door would randomly open, and the hall lights would often be turned on although we were sure they were turned off. My theory, in life he was a night time snacker...like me. The door was the only thing that freaked me out, you'd hear the click of the latch, and the hinges never squeaked...never. This continued even after the new door were hung. It was still occuring as of 2013, when we sold the house.

Later in life, about 2008 maybe, my middle son did something that flat freaked me and my wife out. Kyle was about 3 or 4, in his booster seat, we were eating dinner. Something rolled off his plate, hits the table and stops. He stops, swallows and kind of looks up to his left, as you would to an adult. He then says clear as day, "Thanks Chuck", and goes back to eating. Now, two things of interest: Pops went by the name Chuck...Mom called him that, his friends and family did...wife and I never did. The other thing, at that point my son was not speaking, or very little. He used sign language more than words. My wife and I about hit the floor.
Lots of things like that have happened in my life. Coming in dreams, as @was thatguy refered to. Since my accident, I don't usually dream, at least not that I can remember. Those I can recall are too vivid, and seem to contain someone I've lost. This may happen once a year or so.
An older fellow I knew explained things to me like this: existence is much like wavelengths. Like sound or light, some you can percieve, others you can't. There are places or times that the static clears and a signal is tuned in. The frequency of the wavelength may change, but the broadcaster is still the same...then stuff got in to the space/time continuim, and the concepts of changing your frequency or that of a vessel...as a species we know enough to realise we don't know much.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
You have to be aware of it somewhat.
Not every dream is a dream. Not every coincidence is a coincidence.

Itā€™s strange. Iā€™ve had very pronounced one time contacts with my Dad, a good friend, and my brother. 3 one offs in my sleep.
My dad was stomping around outside of the house I grew up in and just pissed at how my mom had let it deteriorate. I said ā€œDad! What are you doing here? You died!ā€

He kind of threw me a glance and went right on about his business. Lol
My friend showed up at the shop he owned and were I worked for him. He walked right in the door and was all happy and shit. He said ā€œjust wanted to say bye before I leave!ā€
Then he left.
These were all like dreams...but straight out of nowhere and not dreams at all.
The only time Iā€™ve had experienced anything, that seemed real enough, was just like this.
My dad died when I was 16. About 6 months later, Iā€™m sleeping and in my dream, I wake up in my bed. Itā€™s dark and I sit up and look out my open door into the hallway and see a flickering light getting brighter. My dad comes walking around the corner to the foot of my bed. I am in disbelief and say ā€œ but you died?ā€ He just smiled and then turned and walked out. The light went with him and once it was dark, I woke up for real.
One of those realistic dreams or something real, I donā€™t know. Seemed pretty real.

Cdog

Reaction score
Yes...Been a believer for most of my life. My parents were the second owners of a home built in 1954. They bought from the widow in 72. The gentleman who died, had passed in the master bedroom. I believe he was on oxygen, there were "rings" stained into the hardwood, next to where the bed had been. That door would randomly open, and the hall lights would often be turned on although we were sure they were turned off. My theory, in life he was a night time snacker...like me. The door was the only thing that freaked me out, you'd hear the click of the latch, and the hinges never squeaked...never. This continued even after the new door were hung. It was still occuring as of 2013, when we sold the house.

Later in life, about 2008 maybe, my middle son did something that flat freaked me and my wife out. Kyle was about 3 or 4, in his booster seat, we were eating dinner. Something rolled off his plate, hits the table and stops. He stops, swallows and kind of looks up to his left, as you would to an adult. He then says clear as day, "Thanks Chuck", and goes back to eating. Now, two things of interest: Pops went by the name Chuck...Mom called him that, his friends and family did...wife and I never did. The other thing, at that point my son was not speaking, or very little. He used sign language more than words. My wife and I about hit the floor.
Lots of things like that have happened in my life. Coming in dreams, as @was thatguy refered to. Since my accident, I don't usually dream, at least not that I can remember. Those I can recall are too vivid, and seem to contain someone I've lost. This may happen once a year or so.
An older fellow I knew explained things to me like this: existence is much like wavelengths. Like sound or light, some you can percieve, others you can't. There are places or times that the static clears and a signal is tuned in. The frequency of the wavelength may change, but the broadcaster is still the same...then stuff got in to the space/time continuim, and the concepts of changing your frequency or that of a vessel...as a species we know enough to realise we don't know much.

The Chuck part. Wow!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
The only time Iā€™ve had experienced anything, that seemed real enough, was just like this.
My dad died when I was 16. About 6 months later, Iā€™m sleeping and in my dream, I wake up in my bed. Itā€™s dark and I sit up and look out my open door into the hallway and see a flickering light getting brighter. My dad comes walking around the corner to the foot of my bed. I am in disbelief and say ā€œ but you died?ā€ He just smiled and then turned and walked out. The light went with him and once it was dark, I woke up for real.
One of those realistic dreams or something real, I donā€™t know. Seemed pretty real.

I donā€™t know if itā€™s 100% entity or part of our minds creation?
Maybe both? Maybe thatā€™s how we live on?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Yes I do. Have had a handful of things happen to me over the years.

The first one, and the only one I am gonna tell right now, happened in Tehachapi, Ca in 1978.
I was going to college in the Sacramento area, and my girlfriend (now wife of 40 years) was living in Tehachapi with her best friend and going to Bakersfield City College. Her friend's parents owned a couple of houses in Tehachapi, one a nice little home in a neighborhood, the other a fine gentlamans horse ranch out of town a ways. Beautiful home, white rail fences, irrigated pastures, etc. A vacation getaway deal.
So one Friday after class I hauled ass down there to spend the weekend with her. She gave me directions to the ranch house, said the 4 of us were staying there just for the weekend...Cindy and I and her friend and boyfriend, a guy we will call Bob.
Bob just gave me a bad vibe at first, he turned out to be a nice enough guy in the long run, but at first...bad vibes.
So I get down there after a 6 hour drive, we BBQ some steaks and have a couple of beers and I am wiped out. We are shown to a bedroom with an en suite bathroom, and get ready to sack out. Big beautiful brass king size bed, comfortable as heck.
We left the bathroom door just cracked open with the light on as neither one of us knew the room that well and wanted to be able to see if we had to pee in the night.
About 3am I suddenly wake up. I am on my side, and my eyes go to the foot of the bed. I can see the shadow of a man standing there, looking at us. Just enough light to make out the shape, and that he is about 6 ft tall. I lay motionless for a couple of minutes, not letting on that I am awake. I become convinced this is Bob, he is some kinda perv, and my anger starts coming on. I am really pissed, and realize that if I approach this the wrong way my ass is gonna get booted outta there, and I will be on my way back north, sleeping someplace on the side of the road in my truck.
So I say screw it. Goona learn this dude a lesson.
I decide to move myself slowly into a position to get myself up, and decide I am gonna clock this clown as hard as I can in the gut, push off from the bed, grab the brass cross brace with my left hand and bury my right fist in his gut.
So...I make my move.
As I am following through and watching my fist as it is about to contact him I look up.
It ain't Bob.
Guy is about 60, has a white turtleneck on and and has salt and pepper curly short hair, and a close crop beard. His eyes open wide in surprise, eyebrows move up, and we lock eyes.
He is semi transparent.
My fist hits a cold space, and goes right on through him. Without anything to come in contact with my energy carries me over the end of the bed and I wind up on the floor...he takes two steps back and disappears into the wall, which was an outer wall...the outside was beyond it.
Cindy wakes up, she is freaked out, I tell her what happen and she doesn't believe me, then finds the sheets where I had been laying were soaking wet, We have to snoop around and find new sheets, I tell her to not say anything to her friend, lets just let this one fade away.
I wake up about 9am to the smell of coffee and bacon, and Cindy is already up dressed and out of the room. So I get myself together and walk out into the kitchen.
Cindy's girlfriend looks directly at me and says, "I hear you saw the Captain last night".
Dagger look at Cindy from me.
"Come here, I want to show you something".
She takes me down the hall to a part of the house I had never been in and shows me an old black and white photograph in a frame of a guy that looks like a sea captain, because he was, a merchant marine guy in the years between the World Wars.
I look closely, and sure as heck it is the guy I saw at the foot of the bed. Turns out he built the house, and his heirs sold it to her family. He didn't die in it, but he apparently visited now and then, and made an appearance.
I guess I was swinging on the ghost of the Captain.
We went back to the other house that afternoon. I was no way sleeping there again. I apologized to the guy as we left. Felt bad about swinging on him for some reason.

Most of the other ones are not something I will talk about in an open place like this. Some...Some I wont talk about at all, and yes they almost all had to do with work, and things I experienced there.
I will tell you this, if you think there is no such thing as evil and that it isn't actively seeking to bring down humans in this world, you need to think again. If you think there is no such thing as a battle between good and bad, between the righteous and the dark one, you are only fooling yourself.
Believe me, I have been there in the aftermath, and it is as real as you and I are.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
11 years ago we were in our kitchen sitting at the island eating. Our dog was laying on the carpet and started growling, I picked up my phone and took a picture of him. After I took the picture he got up turned around and started barking like we have never heard him do before. Then we heard what sounded like a loud hand clap and he ran out to the dog run whimpering and wouldn't come back in the house. Till the next day.
IMG_270531937661146.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@Flyinbowtie , I heard an interview with a first responder that had written a collection of events he had witnessed. I believe he was from the east, but I can't remember his name. These weren't bedtime stories... I think the closer you are to being around it, the more real the concept becomes. In your case as well, a heightened sense of your surroundings. I would think a good LEO needs to have that, and it may be a blessing at times, a curse at others. 99% of humanity wanders through life with blinders on. Ignorance is bliss...

4Waters

Reaction score
11 years ago we were in our kitchen sitting at the island eating. Our dog was laying on the carpet and started growling, I picked up my phone and took a picture of him. After I took the picture he got up turned around and started barking like we have never heard him do before. Then we heard what sounded like a loud hand clap and he ran out to the dog run whimpering and wouldn't come back in the house. Till the next day. View attachment 945252
I wonder if the spirit hit your dog.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I wonder if the spirit hit your dog.
I don't know, it sounded like a slap on skin. In the picture it looks like something was behind him. Looks like boots and pants. Nobody else was home except my wife sitting across from me. We have had doors closed on us when walking down the hallway. 2 Weeks later we had one of our Indian friends come do the while burning sage thing , she said the house felt weird. We have not had a visitor since.

ssc

Reaction score
I just say, "Some things can't be explained." I have had a few strange occurances. We all have friends and then we have a small group of bury a buddy friends. I was in Hawaii on vacation with the family. I get a call from a very close buddy who informs me that another close buddy fell off his Harley. He was only going about 10MPH in a parking lot. He hit his head just right/wrong. My bud was with him and laughed, until he got to him and his pupils were blown.

He was taken to the hospital, but was brain dead. The family left it up to us two amigo's to make the decision. We decided to pull the plug at 2, in honor of last call. That evening at 11PM in Hawaii, my wife and I took some flowers and stood on the beach. We had quite a bit of Jack. With tears in our eyes, I tossed the flowers towards the water. It was just a few feet. As I did a small breeze blew them back at my feet. It then happened a second time. The third time I walked into the water to drop the flowers and as I dropped them a stronger breeze blew them onto and then down the beach. They never hit the water.

As I am typing this, I am getting a tingling in my spine. The next day, I was driving somewhere on Kauai. The wife and kids were asleep in the car. I don't know why, but I looked at my watch and it was 11AM. I looked up and in my rearview mirror was my buddy. He was on his harley, but didn't have his sunglasses on. He was squinting, as though he was looking way down the road. He had a shirt with a strange design as well as a vest and fingerless gloves. No chaps but blue denim pants. I looked over at my wife and then back at the mirror and he was gone.

I woke the wife and told her. She took out a pen and paper and had me describe everything I saw down to the color of his shirt and the description of his shirt design. I called my buddy and told him about the night before with the flower. He said why were you on the beach last night? I told him in honor of pulling the plug at 2AM which was 11 PM Hawaii time. His response was that they pulled the plug that day at 2pm pacific time, so the family didn't need to come to the hospital in the middle of the night.

We came home and as we walked up to the chapel, I got sidetracked with people coming up to me. My wife goes in to view the body. Next thing, she comes out spooked. She says you need to see this. I go up to the coffin and sure as hell there is my compadre dressed identical as to what I saw and described to my wife. Mind you, I had never seen the shirt he was wearing, or the gloves. His sunglasses, which he always had, were nowhere to be found.

In regards to the dreams, I believe. I have had a few dreams where I have had conversations with close friends and especially my grandfather. I wake up and am convinced that they actually did visit.

Had a few other things, but don't care to discuss them.

Cheers, Steve

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
If you don't believe just hang around my ex wife a little bit and that will change your mind,

Lisa couldn't do it on que but just everyone in awhile something would pop out of her mouth and totally blow you away,

We were at the islander one night visiting Greg Timmons and his kids and their friends walk out of the trailer, lisa looks at the one girl that she has never seen before and told her that her mom wanted her to know that everything was going to be all right and she isn't in pain anymore, her mom had just passed away from a battle with cancer.

She did stuff like that a lot

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It was always funny when friends would come visit at our place in Anderson.
Weā€™d tell them ā€œhey if the ghosts make too much noise in the night just yell at them and they stopā€.
The house itself was noisy at night sometimes. All hardwood floors and different additions over the years. Plus you had a literal ā€œanimal planetā€ scenario going on outside non stop.
Then you had the ghost antics on top of it sometimes. Doors and cabinets banging and creaking open, voices etc.

So friends would laugh and be like ā€œyeah OK, ha haā€....
Iā€™d get up in the morning and theyā€™d be outside sipping coffee all rattled and shit.
ā€œWhat the fuck??? What was that???ā€
I was like ā€œtried to tell you, you didnā€™t believe me.ā€
It was funny, They never disappointed when when strangers were in the house.

The main antagonist was an old farm hand looking character. I saw him twice in the 10 years we owned that property, the 4 acres in Anderson.
The property sat on an old Walnut tree orchard. We had 3 HUGE English walnut trees still there in front, and one huge Black Walnut tree out back by the barn and stables.
Tje black one fell over in a storm the first winter we were there. I was out there by myself one day splitting wood with a splitter machine, middle of the day. I looked up and about 50ā€™ away this old guy was leaning on the fence looking at me. I didnā€™t think much because a lot of people had been stopping asking about the black walnut wood.
I looked up again and he was still there, and thatā€™s when I noticed that he looked like a picture out of a ā€œtime lifeā€ old west book.
I shut the machine off and stood up to go talk to him and he was gone. No where to be seen. Where I saw him there was no cover anywhere. He would have had to cover at least 40-50feet to disappear like that.
Kind of freaky, but more of a head scratcher than anything. Told Debbie to keep an eye out.
a couple years later I was up real early. I liked it early mornings when the mist was just lifting and all the critters were still out there.
I was looking out the kitchen windows at the back yard and pasture area and I saw the same dude walk past the opening at the rear pool gate. I ran out there and of course he was gone.
At some point around that same year Debbie came in from the little attached fruit tree orchard scared.
She saw him in the orchard.
So at that point we told our retired neighbors about this. They laughed. Guys name was Wilbur or something like that. He was a worker who had got killed in an accident at the walnut orchard like 100 years before or something like that was the story. Theyā€™d seen him a few times over the 30 years or so theyā€™d been there, and the other old time neighbors were also aware of him. He was always see on our property because thatā€™s where the orchard was.
I never saw him again and the house noises kind of died down after a few years.
We never ā€œsawā€ anyone in the house, but they damn sure could scare the shit out of you sometimes!

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
It was always funny when friends would come visit at our place in Anderson.
Weā€™d tell them ā€œhey if the ghosts make too much noise in the night just yell at them and they stopā€.
The house itself was noisy at night sometimes. All hardwood floors and different additions over the years. Plus you had a literal ā€œanimal planetā€ scenario going on outside non stop.
Then you had the ghost antics on top of it sometimes. Doors and cabinets banging and creaking open, voices etc.

So friends would laugh and be like ā€œyeah OK, ha haā€....
Iā€™d get up in the morning and theyā€™d be outside sipping coffee all rattled and shit.
ā€œWhat the fuck??? What was that???ā€
I was like ā€œtried to tell you, you didnā€™t believe me.ā€
It was funny, They never disappointed when when strangers were in the house.

The main antagonist was an old farm hand looking character. I saw him twice in the 10 years we owned that property, the 4 acres in Anderson.
The property sat on an old Walnut tree orchard. We had 3 HUGE English walnut trees still there in front, and one huge Black Walnut tree out back by the barn and stables.
Tje black one fell over in a storm the first winter we were there. I was out there by myself one day splitting wood with a splitter machine, middle of the day. I looked up and about 50ā€™ away this old guy was leaning on the fence looking at me. I didnā€™t think much because a lot of people had been stopping asking about the black walnut wood.
I looked up again and he was still there, and thatā€™s when I noticed that he looked like a picture out of a ā€œtime lifeā€ old west book.
I shut the machine off and stood up to go talk to him and he was gone. No where to be seen. Where I saw him there was no cover anywhere. He would have had to cover at least 40-50feet to disappear like that.
Kind of freaky, but more of a head scratcher than anything. Told Debbie to keep an eye out.
a couple years later I was up real early. I liked it early mornings when the mist was just lifting and all the critters were still out there.
I was looking out the kitchen windows at the back yard and pasture area and I saw the same dude walk past the opening at the rear pool gate. I ran out there and of course he was gone.
At some point around that same year Debbie came in from the little attached fruit tree orchard scared.
She saw him in the orchard.
So at that point we told our retired neighbors about this. They laughed. Guys name was Wilbur or something like that. He was a worker who had got killed in an accident at the walnut orchard like 100 years before or something like that.
I never saw him again and the house noises kind of died down after a few years.
We never ā€œsawā€ anyone in the house, but they damn sure could scare the shit out of you sometimes!
"Wilbur" reminds me of a customers truck. This customer had a stock 1932 BB truck he was restoring. He brought in pictures one day for me to look at, of the truck. As I'm flipping through, I stop at a front shot, looking at the windshield. As I'm staring at it, Mr Customer kind of laughs, "You see him, don't you?" In the passenger side there was a kind of blurry image of a "farmer" looking guy. Best I can describe was a bearded guy with a large, flat brimmed hat, almost like the Amish.
The customer then pulls out a few more pics, with the farmer. That truck was his. Never had any issues, so I think the farmer was pleased someone was finally fixing his old truck.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
"Wilbur" reminds me of a customers truck. This customer had a stock 1932 BB truck he was restoring. He brought in pictures one day for me to look at, of the truck. As I'm flipping through, I stop at a front shot, looking at the windshield. As I'm staring at it, Mr Customer kind of laughs, "You see him, don't you?" In the passenger side there was a kind of blurry image of a "farmer" looking guy. Best I can describe was a bearded guy with a large, flat brimmed hat, almost like the Amish.
The customer then pulls out a few more pics, with the farmer. That truck was his. Never had any issues, so I think the farmer was pleased someone was finally fixing his old truck.

Pictures seem to capture it.
A coworker showed us pics on his phone once that were a trip. He had a little daughter that was just like 3 years old or something and sometimes sheā€™d start laughing and chasing imaginary ā€œbubblesā€ around the living room.
He took pictures and video because it was funny.
Well, the videos just showed his daughter laughing and swatting the air.
But the pictures showed these orbs floating around and that was what she could see.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I believe but have not experienced anything first hand to my knowledge. My step-daughter claims to be able to hear spirits and has told me things that no one knows other than my Mom. She claims she hears my Mom talking to her quite often.

I believe that kids are far more susceptible to it.
They havenā€™t yet learned pessimism.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
When I was 15 or so, my grandfather passed. I had awakened at 3:14 in the morning. I sat up straight, looked at the clock. I had no idea why
I woke up.

The next morning, my mother told me that grandpa had passed early that morning. I'm sure he was just saying goodbye.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I always liked this picture I took at Pearl Harbor memorial.
Most of you have seen it.

Itā€™s an extremely hallowed place. Anyone thatā€™s been there knows what I mean.

Anyway, the ā€œsun angelā€ is easily dismissible as light refraction. Thereā€™s no arguing that.
But itā€™s also more than that. I took this picture with my digital video camera, I just hit still shot instead of the record button by accident. Didnā€™t realize it till later on. But that ā€œangelā€ was not visible on the still shot until I downloaded the stuff to the computer after we got home from vacation.
Now I donā€™t think that thereā€™s a lot of supernatural shit going on with all that, digital transfer is what it is, but I DO know that there is more to things than just coincidence sometimes.
Also, the light rays on the right side donā€™t seem to behave correctly as far as their positions coming through the opening. There should be interference and shadowing of some sort it seems to me. But itā€™s like the edges of the roof arenā€™t even there.
Itā€™s like the sunburst is inside the roof.
Besides that, the sun wasn't really in the picture when I took it.
There is light reflection on the left edge of the opening, but no reflection on the flagpole...which would be like a mirror with the sun that bright. But the metal pole really doesnā€™t have much reflection on it with a sun that bright? The edge of the hole has far more reflection than the metal flagpole, like that sunburst is actually at the hole.

C41E200F-87CE-45DF-8D1E-C69409D502FE.jpeg

Last edited:

Cdog

Reaction score
I definitely think the younger you are the more likely you are tuned in to notice these things. It's like you have more bandwidth for things that dont make sense as life experience hasn't hardened you yet. I had a Soboban Indian friend who had an aunt that noticed lots of weird stuff and would openly talk about it over some beers. It certainly seemed more believable as she had the Indian thing going on. She once mentioned that people are more susceptible to contact by spirts good and bad when they have had some kind of emotional trama. If I remember right she had an ex husband that beat her and drank himself to death. He continued to haunt her in his afterlife according to her.

Now take into account that we are decedents of this DNA handed down to us and we carry with us not only DNA but customs, and knowledge perhaps there is some kind of wave length between us living and those left behind. For example if you demo'd Coms/hand held radio to someone in the 1700's it would be magic. Unexplainable witchcraft. Science and knowledge isn't there yet. We dont know what we dont know. I give the idea some credence mainly because we still have scientist talking about black holes and bending time and space on an intergalactic level. Two completely different concepts that appear to have both nothing and everything in common if you think about it.

Or.....We're here once and the afterlife, religion and ghosts are an emotional defense for those of us with fear of being mortal. I'm certainly not arrogant enough to think that I know everything . I hope there is something. I think I can commit to Deism as a belief. We'll all find out soon enough....

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
"Orbs" are in a few of our family pics. The started after my Pops passed, and always kind of like the flash showing up taking a pic of a pic.

Hummingbirds must have been my Mom's and my MotherInLaw's "spirit animal". They seem to appear at fitting moments out here. Both of them always had feeders for them...we don't hardly have any flowers.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Wife and I both watched a set of keys move off the table and fall to the ground. No one under the table, no magnets , no " wind".

Earlier that week the wife dropped two plates within 5 minutes of one another - she said it felt like someone was slapping them out of her hands.

I dont believe in ghosts.

Shortly after this event one of our dogs began "tracking" things on a fairly routine basis, like she could see something we couldn't.

The wife began noticing what looked like blurry movements in a certain part of the house.
It was real enough for her to pull the gun out suspecting prowlers, but the ring system never recorded anything.

A week after this we both watched a sunglass case "walk" off the edge of a desk like the keys did.

Then I noticed the same movement in the same area one evening. " See I told you so" I got from the wife.

I couldn't make out any details but it is almost as if something is transiting through the area not paying any attention at all to us being there.

Not believing in ghosts I have zero explanation for these events.