WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parental Moment...Eye-opener

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So, this past weekend at the river, my 14yo son is next to me in the kitchen...common occurrence. We're both barefoot. I realize he's about 6ft tall! I look up at him! Holy crap, when did this happen?! I swear, I think he's grown 3 inches since school got out.

Same day, grabbing flip-flops to launch, I see these F'n skiis...size 13! Oh no, they aren't the 14yo's, they're my 13yo's. He's "only" 5'8"...and a 170.

They're both bottomless pits, one's tall and lanky, the other isn't fat, built like a tank. Food bills are going to be massive this year :oops:

I think I need to cut back on the boys' vitamins...maybe eat more junk food.

jadenchick

Reaction score
Holy cow!!! Good luck feeding them lol
I remember my brother at that age, a bottomless pit and he was always hungry.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
So, this past weekend at the river, my 14yo son is next to me in the kitchen...common occurrence. We're both barefoot. I realize he's about 6ft tall! I look up at him! Holy crap, when did this happen?! I swear, I think he's grown 3 inches since school got out.

Same day, grabbing flip-flops to launch, I see these F'n skiis...size 13! Oh no, they aren't the 14yo's, they're my 13yo's. He's "only" 5'8"...and a 170.

They're both bottomless pits, one's tall and lanky, the other isn't fat, built like a tank. Food bills are going to be massive this year :oops:

they grow fast

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score

Timely post. 2 hours ago grandson came to me for an old belt. His doesn’t fit. He will be 13 in 13 days and weighs 210!!!

samsah33

Reaction score
I would have my daughters and wife stand back to back and have to put a level on their heads to settle the bet. Nature won and the daughters eventually caught up and just kept going... I don't get it, wife and I certainly aren't sequoias, but the pool guy has some altitude...

67Charger

Reaction score
My 13 y/o daughter passed her 5'8" mom at 12, and now that she's 13, she's at 5'10.5". Her little sister is on track to be taller. Crazy. I'm about 6'2", and they're coming for me.

Wedgy

Reaction score

Livin the Dream! Good job Dad. Into the Mighty Oaks they grow. Quickly!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My son would empty the refrigerator at that age by himself. Crazy!
My older boy is going to be a sophomore. The summer after freshman year, Pops had been in and out of the hospital. I coped in a mostly constructive way...I worked out. 2hrs in the pool in the morning, 2hrs in the weight room after summer school, 2hrs water polo workout in the evenings...and 3 days a week summer league games in the evenings as well. I'd kill a gallon of milk everyday, and eat everything.

Looking back, I now feel bad about it. My coping method was costing them a ton.

My 13 y/o daughter passed her 5'8" mom at 12, and now that she's 13, she's at 5'10.5". Her little sister is on track to be taller. Crazy. I'm about 6'2", and they're coming for me.
Funny, my wife is 5'8, tallest in her family. I'm 5'9ish depending on the day...but used to be closer to 5'11 before spinal issues. My hippie brother is 6'1, and Pops was 6'2. Maybe the altitude gene passed me, or I stunted my growth?

Headless hula

I’ve found boating heaven in Florida!
Reaction score

My kid....
he is 6’5”....
3BC78F3B-5BCC-4B08-9AF5-D094E366FED4.png

Headless hula

Reaction score
My son would empty the refrigerator at that age by himself. Crazy!
I had to buy whole steers at the 4-H Auction.

12-1400 lbs of beef would only last 10-11 months....

Tyler just turned 20, and started a new job a few weeks ago...
9F30CA2D-F416-410C-AF79-073EF8EBA104.png

They started him at 21 bucks an hour. If you get a new motor in the next year to 18 months, my kid ground the casting for the gearcase....

He played football his freshman year at college, and the beerflu completely fucked up his plans. He wound up being a teachers aid at the school he graduated high school from for a year, and decided that he should go get a job...

im hoping he can take advantage of the programs that brunswick offers to further his education.

He carried a 4.0 in high school. Not a dumb kid.

he’s shown some thirst for a mechanical engineering degree.

all you can do is provide some guidance and support. You can’t hold a gun to their head and make em do what you “should’ve done”.....

I have high hopes.

glad to read your kids are doing well Kevin.

how’s the daughter doing that was headed for the Air Force?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Tyler just turned 20, and started a new job a few weeks ago... View attachment 1025965

They started him at 21 bucks an hour. If you get a new motor in the next year to 18 months, my kid ground the casting for the gearcase....

He played football his freshman year at college, and the beerflu completely fucked up his plans. He wound up being a teachers aid at the school he graduated high school from for a year, and decided that he should go get a job...

im hoping he can take advantage of the programs that brunswick offers to further his education.

all you can do is provide some guidance and support. You can’t hold a gun to their head and make em do what you “should’ve done”.....

I have high hopes.

That will be a killer notch on his resume.

Congrats dad!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Tyler just turned 20, and started a new job a few weeks ago... View attachment 1025965

I have high hopes.

Damn, that's a big boy! No matter what he does, at least he isn't sitting at home like a lot of kids his age. Brunswick is a big company, can get education, and move up the ladder...not a bad place to be.

Daughter had been trying for West Point. Didn't quite make the cut. Two days later, USAF called her, wanted to chat. They looked at her scores, she did some interviews. Now, at the same time, my daughter had applied to Embry Riddle Aeronautical up here. They offered her 80%...which was great, made it where I could afford it. Air Force looked at that, and said "Looks good". AFROTC 100% for her engineering degree, and Embry is giving her room and board. She'll graduate and have a job. She has no interest in flying, more how things fly...she's scary smart :oops:

Headless hula

Reaction score
Damn, that's a big boy! No matter what he does, at least he isn't sitting at home like a lot of kids his age. Brunswick is a big company, can get education, and move up the ladder...not a bad place to be.

Daughter had been trying for West Point. Didn't quite make the cut. Two days later, USAF called her, wanted to chat. They looked at her scores, she did some interviews. Now, at the same time, my daughter had applied to Embry Riddle Aeronautical up here. They offered her 80%...which was great, made it where I could afford it. Air Force looked at that, and said "Looks good". AFROTC 100% for her engineering degree, and Embry is giving her room and board. She'll graduate and have a job. She has no interest in flying, more how things fly...she's scary smart :oops:
So cool to read this. Good on you Kevin, and your wife to get your kid down this road. I wish her the best. 🤓😎🤓😎🤓😎