WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parents Back opponent...

OC Mike

Reaction score
I'm running for Senate as a Republican. My Democrat parents are so furious they're backing my opponent...

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018...re-so-furious-theyre-backing-my-opponent.html

The Democrat party is not the party of tolerance. It is not the party of acceptance. It is the party of intolerance. It is the party of closed doors, but open borders. It is the party of judgement. It is the party of identity politics....

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
liberal no .gif

BEST..............ELECTION..................EVER!!!!!!!!! :)

RodnJen

Reaction score
He's efficient, he checked all the boxes in one sentence. :rolleyes:

"While my choice was made clear to me through the experience of my marriage, the birth of my three children, my acceptance of Jesus Christ as my savior, my time fighting in two wars, and my experience in business since leaving the Marine Corps, it came at personal cost."

Then in the very next paragraph he plays the victim card. Classic modern-day, self-proclaimed conservative.

OC Mike

Reaction score

Then in the very next paragraph he plays the victim card. Classic modern-day, self-proclaimed conservative.

What on earth are you talking about. No victim. He's showing the intolerance of the So Called tolerant. They are only tolerant of those who agree with them, including his own parents.

Last edited:

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
He's efficient, he checked all the boxes in one sentence. :rolleyes:

"While my choice was made clear to me through the experience of my marriage, the birth of my three children, my acceptance of Jesus Christ as my savior, my time fighting in two wars, and my experience in business since leaving the Marine Corps, it came at personal cost."

01717_hwodbRZez1A_600x450.jpg

RodnJen

Reaction score
Tolerance is a personal trait or choice, not a party platform.

530RL

Reaction score
I'm confused.

An individual chooses to run as a Republican which he has every right to do.

His parents and family choose not to support him or his beliefs which they have every right to do.

Sounds to me that everyone is exercising their right to liberty, freedom, independent thought and whom to associate with.

Looks to me exactly how America was designed and is supposed to work. He can do his thing, his family can do theirs.

Neither is being intolerant, both are simply exercising their constitutional rights freely.

What exactly is the right, and the candidate whining about? Everyone is with great civility exercising their rights?

Last edited:

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
I'm confused.

His parents and family choose not to support him or his beliefs which they have every right to do.

Sounds to me that everyone is exercising their right to liberty, freedom, independent thought and whom to associate with.

Looks to me exactly how America was designed and is supposed to work. He can do his thing, his family can do theirs.

Neither is being intolerant, both are simply exercising their constitutional rights freely.

What exactly is the right, you Trumpkins and the candidate whining about? Everyone is with great civility exercising their rights?

You obviously did not actually read the article, since his family disowned him and his children (how fucked up do you have to be to disown your grandchildren for their parents choice of political party?) and have chosen to publicly state that they are backing his opponent. That is civil to you?

How many times are you just going to post complete bullshit in ignorance?

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I'm confused.

What exactly is the right, and the candidate whining about? Everyone is with great civility exercising their rights?
Your point is well taken and correct....... The article is a personal piece by the candidate whom appears disappointed his family chooses to not support him and push it further to fund and back his opponent. Is that really whining, or just stating his opinion of his situation leaning towards how the Dem party is disintegrating?

530RL

Reaction score
Your point is well taken and correct....... The article is a personal piece by the candidate whom appears disappointed his family chooses to not support him and push it further to fund and back his opponent. Is that really whining, or just stating his opinion of his situation leaning towards how the Dem party is disintegrating?

The calling it "intolerant" is for me the whining part.

He can certainly be disappointed, and his supporters can certainly disagree, but it is his rights to run on his views and it is the parents right to express theirs through the time honored traditions of campaign finance. Both the candidate and the parents are adults responsible only for their own actions.

With respect to the "Dem party is disintegrating"; it seems to me from the outside looking in, both parties are going through incredibly rapid and radical changes in philosophy. The republican party is certainly no longer the party of Reagan, as he could never be elected and would be a RINO, and the democratic party is certainly no longer the party of Clinton, as he would be viewed as way to moderate given his cuts to welfare, medicaid, and his cuts to federal spending.

So people can label it as they wish, but both parties no longer today, whether it be Bernie or Donald, reflect what the parties stood for a mere 20 years ago.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
The calling it "intolerant" is for me the whining part.

He can certainly be disappointed, and his supporters can certainly disagree, but it is his rights to run on his views and it is the parents right to express theirs through the time honored traditions of campaign finance. Both the candidate and the parents are adults responsible only for their own actions.

With respect to the "Dem party is disintegrating"; it seems to me from the outside looking in, both parties are going through incredibly rapid and radical changes in philosophy. The republican party is certainly no longer the party of Reagan, as he could never be elected and would be a RINO, and the democratic party is certainly no longer the party of Clinton, as he would be viewed as way to moderate given his cuts to welfare, medicaid, and his cuts to federal spending.

So people can label it as they wish, but both parties no longer today, whether it be Bernie or Donald, reflect what the parties stood for a mere 20 years ago.
You don't think it is intolerant for one's parents to more or less disown him (their son), his wife and their grandchildren because they disagree with his political philosophy? I guess the age old saying that blood is thicker than no longer applies either?

530RL

Reaction score
You don't think it is intolerant for one's parents to more or less disown him (their son), his wife and their grandchildren because they disagree with his political philosophy? I guess the age old saying that blood is thicker than no longer applies either?

Nope, not anymore.

I've seen the massive change not only in politics but business also.

It appears that it is no longer the United States of America, you are either on one side or the other and neither side is going to yield an inch.

RodnJen

Reaction score
This is another premise that devalues this contrived campaign story.

".,..believe in a Democrat Party and a liberal political philosophy that does nothing to make them more successful."

It's not as if there aren't any successful democrats. And, belief in the republican party sure as hell does not correlate to success, i.e. red states.

As for blood being thicker than water. My Dad and I disagree on just about everything politically, but we would never let politics get in the way of our relationship.

500bbc

Reaction score
Tolerance is a personal trait or choice, not a party platform.
Not for a bleating sheep like yourself and the rest of the Turds trying to destroy the country.

500bbc

Reaction score
You obviously did not actually read the article, since his family disowned him and his children (how fucked up do you have to be to disown your grandchildren for their parents choice of political party?) and have chosen to publicly state that they are backing his opponent. That is civil to you?

How many times are you just going to post complete bullshit in ignorance?

Maybe this bit of mustard helped it's cognitive ability?

Not a fucking chance in hell...:D

500bbc

Reaction score
Nope, not anymore.

I've seen the massive change not only in politics but business also.

It appears that it is no longer the United States of America, you are either on one side or the other and neither side is going to yield an inch.

I'd say you're an imbecile but you're not, just a fucking average everyday pathological liar.

With all due respect.

liberals.jpg

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
This is another premise that devalues this contrived campaign story.

".,..believe in a Democrat Party and a liberal political philosophy that does nothing to make them more successful."

It's not as if there aren't any successful democrats. And, belief in the republican party sure as hell does not correlate to success, i.e. red states.

As for blood being thicker than water. My Dad and I disagree on just about everything politically, but we would never let politics get in the way of our relationship.
Your Dad is a good man!!!