WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Park Moabi Trip

78Southwind

Reaction score
Hey Gang
I am trying to find out if there would be some interest in putting together a boating/camping trip for next year at Park Moabi. I have put a couple trips together at Park Moabi one was on site 22 and the other was at site 15. Both of these sites hold ten RV’s with hookups and have a very large beach next to the camping area. If there is some interest I will put up some pictures and information on previous trips and we can go from there. We need a total of 10 committed RV’s to hold the site to ourselves and I think I could probably get at least 4-5 committed in a week or so. I am starting the planning process early because it takes any where from 6 months to a year to book these sites. If your interested just respond to this thread.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We've got one planned for next June at site 7. Smaller site, but love the area. Let me know when you get a firm date and site.
EDIT: We'll be out there June 15th-19th.

:junk

78Southwind

Reaction score
We've got one planned for next June at site 7. Smaller site, but love the area. Let me know when you get a firm date and site.
EDIT: We'll be out there June 15th-19th.

:junk

We have a couple trips planned for next year too. One in May and the other is in July. However, these are smaller trips on site 4. I was thinking for the bigger sites like 15 and 22 I would plan a trip either in Sept. or Oct. of 2008. I planned one last April and it went off pretty good. I also just got back from our Oct. trip it was a little smaller but it went off pretty good as well.

78Southwind

Reaction score
Here's some pictures from some of our trips.

These are of site 22.
Moabi_CampSite22.jpg

Park_Moabi_Boats_Beach5.jpg

Park_Moabi_Boats_Beach4.jpg

Park_Moabi_Boats_Beach2.jpg

Park_Moabi_Boats_Beach.jpg

Park_Moabi_Stuck_Hallett.jpg

Park_Moabi_Cole_Ranger.jpg

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
couple of ours. :D

Attachments

• Park Moabi Pam on the boat.JPG
    Park Moabi Pam on the boat.JPG
    157 KB · Views: 125
  • Park Moabi campground.JPG
    Park Moabi campground.JPG
    220.7 KB · Views: 138
  • Park Moabi Alex in the river.JPG
    Park Moabi Alex in the river.JPG
    211 KB · Views: 122

78Southwind

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of the trailers that you can rent from the marina store. There's about 6 trailers available to rent so if you don't have your own trailer just rent one. The marina does all of the set-up and take down form you.

Park_Moabi_Trailers.jpg

Park_Moabi_Terry_Trailer.jpg

Park_Moabi_Terry_Trailer_Popout.jpg

Park_Moabi_Terry_Trailer_Kitchen.jpg

Park_Moabi_Argosy_Trailer.jpg

Park_Moabi_Argosy_Trailer_Bed.jpg

Park_Moabi_Argosy_Trailer_TwinBeds.jpg

Park_Moabi_Komfort_Bed.jpg

Park_Moabi_Komfort_Kitchen.jpg

Park_Moabi_Resort_Trailer.jpg

Park_Moabi_Resort_Trailer_Bed.jpg

Park_Moabi_Resort_Trailer_Bunks.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
This is an example of the information sheet for our trip in Oct. 2007

We are getting together for a boating/camping trip at Park Moabi. There is no registration list and this is not a scheduled event just a boating/camping trip with friends. If you are interested in joining us at Park Moabi reservations can be made by calling Michelle at 760-326-3831.

The Park Moabi Camping Trip will be from October the 12th thru the 14th. The park charges $35 per RV for sites with hookups and $22 per night for sites without hookups. This price is per night for 3 nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday total cost is $105 per RV with hookups and $66 without hookups. Park Moabi will charge you $66 (three nights at $22) a night to reserve a site. Once you get to Park Moabi they will charge you the balance. For example, I am getting hookups so my total charge will be $105 minus the $66 that I put down to reserve the site which equals $39. My understanding is that boats and tow vehicles are included in that price but other vehicles will be charged an additional $22 per vehicle.

There are currently 4 reservations on camp site number 15 on the Riverfront Peninsula side. The camp site has 10 spots for hookups and 6 spots are currently available. However, the site can hold a couple more RV’s if someone is interested and doesn’t need hookups. Camp site number 15 has the 2nd biggest beach and the most room for RV’s. There is 225' of river frontage (beach). If you reserve a spot let Park Moabi know that you want a spot on the river side that way we will all be together.

You can bring your own RV or you can rent trailers. The marina store has about 6 trailers for rent. They rent them for $85 to $140 per night with a three night minimum. For example, the trailer that I rented is usually $375 which is $125 per night for 3 nights and then the manager gave me a 10% discount which came to a total of $337.50. The trailers sleep about 4-6 adults. I talked to the manager and since she likes hot boater's she is going to give us a 10% discount on trailer rentals. She said to just mention Hot Boat for the discount. If you need a trailer you can call Diane at 760-326-9187.

Once you get to Park Moabi you will then sign a Rental Agreement and put a $500 deposit down on the trailer. My understanding is that, as long as the trailer is not damaged and not overly dirty when returned, then you will get your deposit back. Any further details can be discussed with Diane at the marina store. There is no sharing or splitting power with the rented trailers because it can damage the air conditioners. Just a reminder you will need to bring your own blankets, towels and pillows most other utensils are included.

Check in is 3:00 PM on Friday and check out is 1:00 PM on Monday. Diane said to be patient on Friday because sometimes they have to make up to 20 trailer moves.

The average high temp for these dates is 89*, and the low is 62*. Hope to see you there 78Southwind.

MOABI REGIONAL PARK
PARK MOABI ROAD
NEEDLES, CA. 92363
(760) 326-3831 Fax: (760-326-3272)
http://www.co.san-bernardino.ca.us/parks/moabi.htm

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
We have a couple trips planned for next year too. One in May and the other is in July. However, these are smaller trips on site 4. I was thinking for the bigger sites like 15 and 22 I would plan a trip either in Sept. or Oct. of 2008. I planned one last April and it went off pretty good. I also just got back from our Oct. trip it was a little smaller but it went off pretty good as well.

We might just through our hat into that ring. :beer Lot's of kids on these trips?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Man those pictures look GREAT!!

I'd love to go and do something like that. That time of year is bad for me though, becuase it's my b-day on the 1st, and I'm probably going to have some shindig right around the 1st or the 7th down in Parker. Looks like a blast though! Thanks for posting the pictures, I definately want to check out that spot someday!

RD

78Southwind

Reaction score
I personally don’t have any kinds but If you're asking if the trips are kid friendly. Then yes, the trips are kid friendly. I first trip that we did in April had about 50 people with about 40 of us camping at the same location. On that trip we did a Pirate theme and we had a piñata for the kids.
Park_Moabi_Pinata.jpg

Park_Moabi_Pinata1.jpg

Park_Moabi_Pinata2.jpg

Park_Moabi_Steph_The_Pirate.jpg

Park_Moabi_Sean_Pinata.jpg

BTW we are dog friendly too.
Park_Moabi_Sean_Roxy.jpg

Park_Moabi_Roxy_Trailer.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
However we did have one person that just had to wear pasties. If this person camps with us you might want to keep the kids far away.

:confused::D
Park_Moabi_Victor_Pasties.jpg

linds

Reaction score
Site 22 is already booked Sept 11-14 already :D:skull We do it annually that weekend. Our trip to Moabi is always our best of all trips it seems. So relaxed and fun.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Might be interested but wont know for sure until we get closer to the date.