WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Park Moabi

Meaney77

Reaction score
This was posted on the other boating site, might not be a bad deal to fire off some letters regarding the future of the park and camp sites and voice everyone's concern's.

yeah no..

RD

V.O.R.F

STAY OFF THE ROVER
Reaction score
We were at Pirates Cove on sunday evening. 25 of us rolled down in 3 boats and had dinner. Aside from the zipline and the big swing, I didnt see anything different from when I was there in October really. Food was mediocre at best, but we had a good time aside from that. lots of drinks. they didnt make any stink about the supposed 25$ fee to park there either.

Meaney77

Reaction score
We were at Pirates Cove on sunday evening. 25 of us rolled down in 3 boats and had dinner. Aside from the zipline and the big swing, I didnt see anything different from when I was there in October really. Food was mediocre at best, but we had a good time aside from that. lots of drinks. they didnt make any stink about the supposed 25$ fee to park there either.
Honestly, we enjoy PC... The zip line, swing and the rest of the nonsense isn?t really my deal and I am not into it. I don?t drive 5 hours to zip line I drive to boat and hang out.

My issue and I think a few others in here is the park/ camp ground changes. For me personally- My family and friends book peninsula spots 1 year in advance and pay good money to have full hook ups and a private beach. With the proposed changes that?s gonna change and that pisses me off.... I like my own beach, I like letting my kid and dogs run free, I like anchoring my boat and not having to worry about a 40? Lakers Boat, or a Raider hater Bayliner parking next to me and my shit. If the proposed changes are true and go into affect, that all changes and we will probably find somewhere else to go. I still scratch my head why fuck with a good thing? The people that camp on the peninsula spots are return customers and do it every year. It all comes down to money?

IN AWE

I'm surounded by assholes
Reaction score
Honestly, we enjoy PC... The zip line, swing and the rest of the nonsense isn?t really my deal and I am not into it. I don?t drive 5 hours to zip line I drive to boat and hang out.

My issue and I think a few others in here is the park/ camp ground changes. For me personally- My family and friends book peninsula spots 1 year in advance and pay good money to have full hook ups and a private beach. With the proposed changes that?s gonna change and that pisses me off.... I like my own beach, I like letting my kid and dogs run free, I like anchoring my boat and not having to worry about a 40? Lakers Boat, or a Raider hater Bayliner parking next to me and my shit. If the proposed changes are true and go into affect, that all changes and we will probably find somewhere else to go. I still scratch my head why fuck with a good thing? The people that camp on the peninsula spots are return customers and do it every year. It all comes down to money?

x2

Stupidest fucking thing ever. The PC owners suck donkey balls.

I said it before I'll say it again. Because what they are doing to the peninsula camp sites. The PC owners suck donkey balls.
yousuckdonkeyballs.jpg

Reaper1

Reaction score
I don't mind drinking at the PC bar either, but I have been camping on the peninsula spots 35+ years and if they fuck it up, that will be a shame. Yes a donkey balls shame.:thumbsdown

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
This was posted on the other boating site, might not be a bad deal to fire off some letters regarding the future of the park and camp sites and voice everyone's concern's.

http://www.performanceboats.com/pb-open-water/105212-park-moabi.html

I've always thought those peninsula spots looked pretty cool. But then I heard you could no longer ride an ATV out of them a few years back, and thought well, they just ruined it now.

What changes are they gonna make now? I dont see anything stated anywhere. :headscratch:

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
I've always thought those peninsula spots looked pretty cool. But then I heard you could no longer ride an ATV out of them a few years back, and thought well, they just ruined it now.

What changes are they gonna make now? I dont see anything stated anywhere. :headscratch:

Joe, my understanding is that they are gonna 'in-fill' all of the areas between the groups of existing RV spots. They are sorta clumped into 6-10 sites then open spaces of a couple of hundred feet to the next clump of 6-10 spots. Each open area has a small penninsula that creates a small cove for each existing group of RV sites (well thought out!). By adding sites between the existing, they can add MANY more RV sites but at the expense of 'non-privatizing' the existing feeling that each clump of RV'rs has over 'their' beach.

CC

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Joe, my understanding is that they are gonna 'in-fill' all of the areas between the groups of existing RV spots. They are sorta clumped into 6-10 sites then open spaces of a couple of hundred feet to the next clump of 6-10 spots. Each open area has a small penninsula that creates a small cove for each existing group of RV sites (well thought out!). By adding sites between the existing, they can add MANY more RV sites but at the expense of 'non-privatizing' the existing feeling that each clump of RV'rs has over 'their' beach.

CC

That would suck. They should just charge more for those spots if they want more money. Im sure people would be willing to pay it, to have that "private" feel those spots have.

It would be just another Echo Lodge if they did that. :(

Mrs.Racer277

SOCIAL
Reaction score

$25 starts next weekend. Security walked up and down the beach last weekend handing out fliers to let you know. It will be a voucher you can use for zipline, swing and food.

Meaney77

Reaction score
So I emailed the county Supervisor, here is my letter:

June 27, 2012

385 N. Arrowhead Avenue, Fifth Floor
San Bernardino, CA 92415

Attention: Janice Rutherford

The Future of Park Moabi

Hi Janice:

My name is ..........; I live in southern California and have grown up boating and spending time on the Colorado River and Lake Havasu area. For over the past 15 years, my family, friends, and I have spent many weekends together at Park Moabi and have also enjoyed numerous camping trips along the river in the Peninsula Spots at Park Moabi. These trips have always been great memories for all of us being together and having fun. This was also one of my late father's favorite past times.

Recently we have noticed some changes going on within the park including Pirates Cove bar and Grill, a new store, boat docks, etc… Overall I am glad to see it and I think the upgrades made were a good thing. However during our last trip in May 2012, I became deeply concerned when the General Manger of Pirates Cove came to our peninsula spot and informed us that Pirates Cove had now taken over the management of the park from San Bernardino County and that Pirates Cove is planning on making changes to the Peninsula camp spots to accommodate more campers. He went into details about how in between each peninsula they were planning to add an additional 10 camp spots and that the plans had already been approved and construction would be starting by September 2012.

I hope you can understand my frustration along with the thousands of other campers and river gowers that look forward to spending some quality vacation time with family and friends at the Park Moabi facility. Why is there a need to mess with a good thing? The point of booking the peninsula spots 1 year in advance is to relax on your own private beach where you can let your family and friends run free along the beach, and also anchor your boat without a worry. By adding these additional spots, not only do you take away the "private" beach that we all pay heavily for when we book the spots but you also add more congestion to an already overcrowded river.

I am hoping that there are more details you can provide regarding this development and future of the park. And further more If these rumors are true I really hope you have done your due diligence and thought this through completely before ruining a good thing that everyone enjoys now.

I thank you for your time and look forward to your response.

Regards,

Here is the response I received...

Thank you for contacting me. I am glad your family and friends have enjoyed the many amenities at Park Moabi over the years, and I hope you will continue to do so.

San Bernardino County Regional Parks has been operating in the "red" for many years. The park system's budget deficit was not addressed because the County had General Fund dollars to subsidize park facilities. Unfortunately, the County can no longer afford to support the parks system with General Fund dollars without impacting essential services such as law enforcement and fire protection.

In light of this, the County has contracted with a private vendor to operate Park Moabi and is also in the process of seeking other vendors to manage other County park facilities. Our primary goal is to keep these facilities open to the pubic rather than shutting them down entirely and reducing the recreational opportunities available to our residents and visitors.

In order for these facilities to remain open without subsidies from the County, more revenue opportunities may be required. In light of this, the vendor selected to manage Park Moabi has indicated a desire to expand the number of camping spaces at the park, but, so far, the company has not submitted any formal plans to the County as it is required to do.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact me. If I can be of any further assistance on this or any other County matter, please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Sincerely,

Janice Rutherford
Second District Supervisor

Little D

Reaction score
BS response. Park Moabi was a revenue generator that operated in the black. Why was pc becoming the vendor and manager of the park not put up to open bidding. This deal between pc and the county is text governmental corruption. The previous San Bernardino County Park Supervisor who ok pirate cove bar is now employed by pirate cove llc[.

steve d

Reaction score
BS response. Park Moabi was a revenue generator that operated in the black. Why was pc becoming the vendor and manager of the park not put up to open bidding. This deal between pc and the county is text governmental corruption. The previous San Bernardino County Park Supervisor who ok pirate cove bar is now employed by pirate cove llc[.

Always wondered how that all came about....Nice Chess move!

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
At least you got a response! I'm shocked they too the time to do that!

wishiknew

Reaction score
Keith Lee is someone in the county that has a lot of say in this matter !!!!!!!!!!!

V.O.R.F

STAY OFF THE ROVER
Reaction score

LIKE A BOSS!

smart move on his part.

wishiknew

Reaction score
330 K was generated last year by the mobile home park in park moabi from what i was told about $1000 was put back in the park for some water valve.( All the rest of the money went to ''Other Bleeding Parks "".

steve d

Reaction score

Check your P.B P.M. center

AEA

Reaction score

Interesting comments. What documentation do you have to support them?

Little D

Reaction score

It depends. Are you an attorney for an environmental watch dog group, a member of a government abuse watch organization, a member of the media or law enforcement. Only the tip of the iceberg my friend.

wishiknew

Reaction score
It depends. Are you an attorney for an environmental watch dog group, a member of a government abuse watch organization, a member of the media or law enforcement. Only the tip of the iceberg my friend.

:thumbsup:thumbsup X1000

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I clipped the link out of the 1st post.. Has nothing to do with your letter writing campaign or Pirates Cove.. Has to do with the fact that PB is dead as shit, and I'd like to keep it that way.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Post up the proof.. I'd like to see it as well?

RD

IN AWE

Reaction score
I clipped the link out of the 1st post.. Has nothing to do with your letter writing campaign or Pirates Cove.. Has to do with the fact that PB is dead as shit, and I'd like to keep it that way.

RD

Thats funny cuz it's true, that other site sure is "dead as shit". In a thread the other day Kilrboy said, "the best of the best come here". I had to laugh, PB is the new Riverchat, a place for all the banned rejects.

Sent from my Liberated DroidX.

stoker22405

Reaction score
Thats funny cuz it's true, that other site sure is "dead as shit". In a thread the other day Kilrboy said, "the best of the best come here". I had to laugh, PB is the new Riverchat, a place for all the banned rejects.

River Daves

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 413 (160 members and 253 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 1,353, 02-05-10 at 03:12 PM.

Performance Boats
's Going On?
Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 596 users online. 155 members and 441 guests

Most users ever online was 1,159, 04-30-2012 at 12:55 PM.

IN AWE

Reaction score

River Daves

What's Going On?
Currently Active Users: 413 (160 members and 253 guests)
View Who's Online
Most users ever online was 1,353, 02-05-10 at 03:12 PM.

Performance Boats
's Going On?
Currently Active UsersCurrently Active Users

There are currently 596 users online. 155 members and 441 guests

Most users ever online was 1,159, 04-30-2012 at 12:55 PM.

I'm judging purely by the amount of new post when I return to the sites. I'm sure many people just never log out, like me for one. I also don't count the guest as activity since they don't have the ability to post.

stoker22405

Reaction score
I'm judging purely by the amount of new post when I return to the sites. I'm sure many people just never log out, like me for one. I also don't count the guest as activity since they don't have the ability to post.

Active members were off by 5 members.....Its definetly not as social as RD's but there are still as many active members...And lets be honest here....You cant compare it to RC.....LOL

IN AWE

Reaction score
Active members were off by 5 members.....Its definetly not as social as RD's but there are still as many active members...And lets be honest here....You cant compare it to RC.....LOL

That made me laugh out loud. I was kidding when I compared to RC. I still go to both sites, I just see more activity on this one.

On a second note, what an awesome thread hijack. Sorry

stoker22405

Reaction score
That made me laugh out loud. I was kidding when I compared to RC. I still go to both sites, I just see more activity on this one.

On a second note, what an awesome thread hijack. Sorry

It was a great thread jack.....But it is just another useless Pirate Cove Park Moabi thread so I would not worry about it nor aopologize....

JUAN VONWERNER

Reaction score

Hahaha raider hater bayliner he says. You dont have to worry about the laker boat anymore

stoker22405

Reaction score
Funny how those who have been going to Moabi for years and actually have a clue about what you can and cannot do with COUNTY/BLM land are the ones who witnessed all the corrupt /Illegal garbage that took place and is currently taking place, dislike the new rules,fees,type of crowds ect... that came with PC taking over .

Now these long term Moabi visitors are being called out as if they are just being complete "Haters" by people who never even knew what or where Park Moabi was or looked like prior to PC .

P.S I am not a Moabi/PC resident nor visitor.....

Carry on....

wishiknew

Reaction score
Funny how those who have been going to Moabi for years and actually have a clue about what you can and cannot do with COUNTY/BLM land are the ones who witnessed all the corrupt /Illegal garbage that took place and is currently taking place, dislike the new rules,fees,type of crowds ect... that came with PC taking over .

Now these long term Moabi visitors are being called out as if they are just being complete "Haters" by people who never even knew what or where Park Moabi was or looked like prior to PC .

Carry on....

LOL Mr Ex Park Moabi Mayor !!!:D

fourtznme

Reaction score

Carry on....

Used to be a visitor of Park Moabi. Not anymore. PC is F---d up. Wait 10 years from now when you will need a year pass just to enter the channel. I'm sure Mickey or Mini will be greeting you.

stoker22405

Reaction score
Used to be a visitor of Park Moabi. Not anymore. PC is F---d up. Wait 10 years from now when you will need a year pass just to enter the channel. I'm sure Mickey or Mini will be greeting you.

:thumbsup

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

That will be perfect.. My kid loves Mickey and I love cold drinks and hot waitresses. :D

wishiknew

Reaction score
So I Was at Pirates Cove The other Day and someone tells me that the zip lines and swing Are an independant co form PC this co is Zip Lines Entertainment . LLC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a Guess Who OWNS IT !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

PaPaG

Reaction score
So I Was at Pirates Cove The other Day and someone tells me that the zip lines and swing Are an independant co form PC this co is Zip Lines Entertainment . LLC !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a Guess Who OWNS IT !!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I am betting there will be 5-10 different LLC's to protect each entity out at the good ol wild west in case of future lawsuits.

Meaney77

Reaction score
With the Poker Run going on this weekend, I was curious to see if anyone has been up to Moabi recently and seen or heard of any of the changes being made to the peninsula spots?

We are heading out in May for 10 days and depending on the changes, this may be our last year out there. I really hope thats not the case but I guess we will see....