WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Park model advice

Logan Loomis

Reaction score
Whats up RD family! I am a Low River junkie and we have a 44Lx28W foot permanent slabbed spot. Were looking at upgrading our trailer with a larger park model trailer/ destination trailer. We would like one with 2 bedrooms or at least a spot that we can put bunks in with the kids. I was looking at the palomino puma 39dbt, it offered nice interior and a lot of room for the price. I wanted to see if any of you guys have park models or experience with these to give an opinion on it, before we pull the trigger on something. Appreciate it!

Reactions: DLC

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My uncle has a Prowler park model at Naci. He actually lives there now that he retired. The more beds you can get, the better. If there is an option to get it without holding tanks (typically the difference between park model and destination trialer), do it. That way there is no issue with having to close and open tank valves and all. Try to get a tankless water heater as the tanked ones are typically pretty small and there isn't much of an issue of tank capacities.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Check with the property owner on the tax implications... on property that I own, having a destination trailer with tanks means the property remains undeveloped and the trailer is not accessed with property taxes. A park model is consider property and assessed raising my property tax.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A towable trailer does not pay property taxes ( I believe it is assessed through the MVD/DMV). We own a park model on the lower river and pay property taxes.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk