WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker 425 qualifying today

37 boat

Reaction score
Looks like qualifying (time trials) is happening at the Parker fairgrounds this year. Anyone have any idea about spectating at that location? Was thinking about running down there today but don't know what to expect.

rivergames

Reaction score
Is the race this Saturday? If so, I'll be there as I am heading up tomorrow after work 👍

2Driver

Reaction score
They just keep adding rules and taking out the excitement

Kind of lame, a coned course.

There will be Orange Cones on some corners of the Time Trial course, if your vehicle hits an ORANGE CONE on any of the turns you will receive an automatic 15 sec penalty for each cone you hit. Each of the corners will have ORANGE CONES on both inside and outside of corner. Do not hit either of the cones.

2018 Media guys get a RG wake up call.

JRD_0488_A.jpg

Last edited:

beerrun

Reaction score
Racing Friday and Saturday but very low entry we are coming up tomorrow going to the balloon festival Friday and check out the race on saturday

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Where is the best spot to spectate?

For either event.

Please shoot me a PM if you don't want a good spot ruined. Headed out in a few minutes.

beerrun

Reaction score
Where is the best spot to spectate?

For either event.

Please shoot me a PM if you don't want a good spot ruined. Headed out in a few minutes.
I honestly don't know haven't been in years hoping to find out when we get there tomorrow I will let you know

beerrun

Reaction score
And the balloon festival we have never been too so not sure on that either

cakemoto

Reaction score
Sucks there’s only like three or four big dog trophy trucks.You’re only gonna be able to view from Shea Road once it starts it’s all closed down.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Sucks there’s only like three or four big dog trophy trucks.You’re only gonna be able to view from Shea Road once it starts it’s all closed down.

Not sure, but a couple weeks ago at the 250 there was spectating in Bouse. Also saw signs further out near Vicksburg road. I was only in the pits off Shea, so don't know what other areas looked like.

cakemoto

Reaction score
Not sure, but a couple weeks ago at the 250 there was spectating in Bouse. Also saw signs further out near Vicksburg road. I was only in the pits off Shea, so don't know what other areas looked like.
Yea there is Spectator viewing there but I thought maybe wanted to stay closer to town then have to drive further out.

Mikes56

Reaction score
We’re going today to check out contingency and tech, and all the vendors.

702sandman

Reaction score
The best area to view would be up Shea past the main pits to the right so you can see some high speed in the washes coming back down. Since the Indians are freaked out about COVID they have shut us down in the parker python area so it had to move up Shea to be off crit property. It really changes the whole event

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
the 425 will die if they dont move it away from hammers. too close for teams to do both races. With hammers being bigger money. better everything. teams are doing that instead.

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
the 425 will die if they dont move it away from hammers. too close for teams to do both races. With hammers being bigger money. better everything. teams are doing that instead.
Crazy to think about how things have changed. When Dave and I set the schedule for the early KOH race we had to navigate so many other offroad events. I stopped racing Parker because the only place we could fit was a couple of weeks after. Today it seems no offroad event can afford to be in KOH's perceived window. BITD is going to have to get creative, you can't just keep doing it the same way and expect a different result. Casey was very kind to me when we were young promoters, It is a little sad for me to see KOH hurting the Parker race.

I wish the promoters could all get along and build a single spectacular race series. KOH, Mint, V2R, BK1 San Felipe, and maybe one/two new venues. Put the same effort that goes into the halo events into each of these and have something really cool.

2Driver

Reaction score
Crazy to think about how things have changed. When Dave and I set the schedule for the early KOH race we had to navigate so many other offroad events. I stopped racing Parker because the only place we could fit was a couple of weeks after. Today it seems no offroad event can afford to be in KOH's perceived window. BITD is going to have to get creative, you can't just keep doing it the same way and expect a different result. Casey was very kind to me when we were young promoters, It is a little sad for me to see KOH hurting the Parker race.

I wish the promoters could all get along and build a single spectacular race series. KOH, Mint, V2R, BK1 San Felipe, and maybe one/two new venues. Put the same effort that goes into the halo events into each of these and have something really cool.

I took this in 2008. Do you recall who this was?

RMS_0545.JPG

Sportin' Wood

Reaction score
I took this in 2008. Do you recall who this was?

View attachment 1081916
Nice!

Some guy who is spending way too much money on a Jeep. :) By this time we had that thing pretty dialed in. Pretty sure we won the class that day.

Any chance you have that in high res? I have almost no pictures of that time in my life.

2Driver

Reaction score
Nice!

Some guy who is spending way too much money on a Jeep. :) By this time we had that thing pretty dialed in. Pretty sure we won the class that day.

Any chance you have that in high res? I have almost no pictures of that time in my life.

LOL Something clicked that was you.

Yes im sure I do have the full res and a bunch more. probably the video as well let me do some dighing. my buddy may have some backed up and Ill get it next week.

2Driver

Reaction score
Nice!

I don't have the full res pics anymore but I found the video I shot of you in the silt turn just after Midway pits in 2008 I threw it up on youtube. Not bad for after 14 years.

Enjoy.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Sounds like BJ did pretty well with his new Mason motor sports 10.5 and Dougans big block.