WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker .9 hr enduro????

gottaminute?

Reaction score
sitting on a boring zoom call and my mind is wandering back to "the good old days".
Hear me out and please jump in.

In conjuction with the parker 300 in october, how about something in the vein of the 24 hrs of lemons car deal.

old, either original, restored, recreated boats or just something put together in the "spirit" of older race/ski/family boats. 60's early 70's????

power cats, towers of power, small blocks with 3ft tall zoomies, aluminum logs with "turn ups", (and the ever popular rubber balls siliconed into the exhaust thru hulls, oldsmobiles, pontiacs, 6-2bbls. stevens, howards, tahitis, shiadas, flatbottoms, hydros, etc.

multi part judging

judged by other contestants..... 0-30 pts
either survivor or recreated, restoration quality, "coolness"

same criteria judged by fan / spectator ballots .....0-30 pts

starting "the race" 10 pts
time on water 10% (10 pts divide by time on the water)
completing the .9 hour(54 minute) event 10 more point
overall finish position top 10 (10,9,8,....etc points)

TOP speed allowed 75-80 mph??? (via gps on board)

as much a fun event, boat show as a boat RACE
I hate the idea of a claimer, but how about if participating contestants vote that that you are outside of the "spirit" you cant run next year.

Am i nuts????

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
How about just make it a poker run?? But no prizes for first boat to the first card stop or any of that bs!

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
how about "least effective bilge pump", and "most likely to catch fire under way" or "Most likely to cause lacerations, scrapes and contusions due to unfinished or corroded hardware" categories.
"Least likely to remain buoyant"

think of the great trophies one could devise.

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
There's a group of classic v-drive guys that do some runs on the delta. Usually a run to ski beach then a close bar or two. I'm currently rebuilding a wood deck Howard to join in the fun.