WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Parker accident , boat vs watercraft

Bajastu

Reaction score
ARIZONA WOMAN DIES IN BOATING ACCIDENT NEAR LA PAZ COUNTY PARK

DATE/TIME: Sunday, August 14, 2022, at approximately 3:15 p.m.

INCIDENT: Fatal Boating Collision

VICTIM(S): 56-year-old female from Chandler, Arizona

SUMMARY: On August 14, 2022 at approximately 3:15 p.m., Marine Enforcement deputies responded to a report of a boating collision on the Parker Strip, near the area of La Paz County park. Through investigation and witness statements it was determined a female operating a personal watercraft collided with a vessel traveling north along the river. The female operator and solo occupant of the personal watercraft was found unresponsive in the water. Numerous bystanders immediately retrieved the victim from the water, brought her to shore and began life saving measures. Buckskin Fire Department paramedics arrived on scene and treated the victim on shore. The female victim was then transported to the La Paz Regional Hospital by River Medical and pronounced deceased. The victim was turned over to the care of the Pima County Medical Examiner.

This investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information regarding this incident is urged to contact Deputy S. Cook of the Colorado River Station. (760) 326-9200. Callers wishing to remain anonymous are urged to use the We-Tip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463), or you may leave the information on the We-Tip website at www.wetip.com

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
No info on the boat or the status of the driver/passengers? I guess they are physically ok since they weren’t mentioned but I’m sure there’s a psychological component they are dealing with. Especially the driver, asking him/her self what they could have done differently.

Englewood

Reaction score
So sad but in Parker there is almost always one common denominator. Jet skis!

We recently left Parker for Havasu and it is amazing how less stressful boating is without 500 jet skis going every direction.

4Waters

Reaction score

We recently left Parker for Havasu and it is amazing how less stressful boating is without 500 jet skis going every direction.
That's Pyramid lake for me, I know Castaic is a dry (no alcohol) lake but when JetSkis are allowed they are only allowed in one section and they do not have free roam of the lake, besides I don't drink on the boat anyway

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Havasu is awesome. That's Why all the cool kids go there!

Parker sucks. 👎👎

mbrown2

Reaction score
Terrible news...that area coming north along La Paz park you have to be on your ready....head on a swivel... I am always expecting a personal watercraft to take off from the La Paz beach where it quickly enters into the flow of boat traffic...definitely an area where merging can go south....

And YES...Parker is packed with lice, close quarter boating, seas like dutch harbor.... Havasu is much better!